Just remind me...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by unreal83, 9 May 2008 Social URL.

1. unreal83

unreal83 Want to be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I done the wee test this morning and the stick was verging on dark pink still - this means Im not in Ketosis doesn't it?:confused:

On the bottle it says that it should be clear.:cool:

I have heard others whoop for joy because theirs is dark pink - I am confused!:rolleyes:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Caress

Caress Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Diet:
    CD
    Pink is ketosis and you really need to be one of the first 2 shades of pink, if it's dark, you're not drinking enough water

4. unreal83

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I'm only on day 4 though so I probably just havent reached it yet - im drinking 3.5 litres per day.

5. Caress

Caress Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Diet:
    CD
    do you have any of the other symptoms? cold hands or feet, a sense of wellbeing, added energy, death breath? Sometimes it just doesn't show on a ketostick, doesn't always for me, I can usually guage whether I'm in ketosis by whether my feet are cold.

6. LISACDVIRGIN

LISACDVIRGIN Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    if its pink at all then u r in ketosis. even dark pink but if it dark pink it means u r showing signs that ur body needs more water x

7. LENNY4974

LENNY4974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    First thing in the morning it will nearly always be dark pink due to the fact you haven't been drinking while you are asleep.

Metallic taste in mouth and cold hands are good indicators of ketosis too.

Well done on getting to day 4:D

8. unreal83

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Ah thanks Lenny!

I have all of those symptoms - I feel really good - although today a little off, dont want to be at work just want to be at home doing housework! Feel good and in control and happy. Am a little chilly, and my breath is awful, I had to buy some mouth spray!!

I will do the test again later on - oh no have no sticks will have to pop to chemist!

Thanks girls I will try and drink 4 litres today.

xx

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

mine is never deep purple and is often barely showing in the morning ... don't want people worrying if they read this and react the same way to ketone sticks as me. They are a guide only. However, deep purple means you are well and truly in ketosis. Yes, it may be deep purple because it is first thing in the morning but it is a good idea to see if it improves later in the day - if still deep purple, definitely drink more and space the water out throughout the day

10. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

If its anywhere in the pink even dark purple you are in ketosis. Best time to do the test is in the morning hun cuz the water you drink today will dilute your ketones and may show neg result even though u are in ketosis u get me?:)

11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yes becky but it is important to check she is not STILL deep purple later in the day. But Becky is right, just remember that if the ketone stick shows you aren't in the pink .... it is only due to water diluting the ketones. You are most definitely in ketosis and will be as long as you stick to the plan

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.