Just so so fed up

Awww Munch, I can't imagine how hard that must be for you. Its great that you feel you'll be okay here rather than resorting to takeaway/alcohol. If you don't mind me saying, I'm sure your husband would be so proud that you're doing so well at CD

Aaw thanks Lisa, brought a tear to my eye. He was always very supportive when I lost my weight before, think that's why I've been struggling this time even more.

I have my in laws up that week too which will also add stress, and I have a feeling my MIL will make some negative comments when I tell her I'm doing CD....and I'm staying with them at the end of May too....might have to take my laptop with me to get through that.

Oh well, one day at at time eh? Will worry about that when I have to :0)

K x

Thank you :character00238:

Life throws us some horrible curveballs sometimes, eh? My brother died a year ago next month and it was after my first successful attempt at CD and i had been maintaining for about a fortnight, but when he died, i found myself eating takeaways all the time as it was what we were getting in for quickness and to encourage mum and dad to eat and after that, i just binged and comfort ate. Did it help me? No. Did i feel better for it? No. At the time i felt so guilty as i felt so hungry all the time but my other brother, who had just lost his twin, couldn't eat at all and lost half a stone in a week. Grief affects us all in such different ways. I feel confident though that when the anniversary comes round, i wont feel the need to comfort eat. This thinking firmly comes from the wise words of advice I have read on this forum from you invisible, caring lil angels! I feel for both of you munch and Lisa x

Thank you Sleepybird. Sorry to hear about your Brother. I am hopeful that I am gaining some control of my eating.....even if I am only on day 2.

K x

Im sure you will have every long term success...maybe a few blips along the way(like me) but we will get there. I have decided enough is enough! x

Thank you Sleepybird, and so sorry about your brother. I did the exact same thing and threw myself into comfort eating. It didn't help, it didn't make me feel better. I kept telling myself every takeaway would be the last, but then the next day I'd be tired and down and called out for another one. But now I'm in control, and with the help and support from everyone here, I know I'll get to goal however long it takes :)

Back