Just started and struggling already :(

Well done, newbies... from another newbie... I am almost at the end of week 3.... so far, I have lost 22lbs and overall 14.5inches (the bulk of that from my waist and hips.. ) ... it's hard but so, so worth it!

I find 'visual' support the best thing... look through mags, cut out pics of clothes you love or things you want to do but don't as you're waiting until you're thin... and when things got really bad, read some of the 'old school' early diaries, particularly Tara's (and mine!)... not out of any sense of schadenfreude but it helps so much to realise that you are not alone!

I would be SO chuffed if I could say the same in another two weeks' time! Well done!

Lots2lose36 said:
I started at size 18-20 and now 11 week in I'm wearing size 12 :)

Wow well done on that one! You must be so proud!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Help what should I do I've just fainted, low blood sugar? Should I eat something?

May also be reduction in salt, if you had lots in yr previous diet. I take salt tablets....

Hope you feel better.

Ali

May also be reduction in salt, if you had lots in yr previous diet. I take salt tablets....

Hope you feel better.

Ali

Yes that might be it. I usually have low blood pressure so think it may have dropped yesterday. I borrowed my mums blood pressure machine and took it last night and it wasn't too bad it was 104/59 I have been much lower than that before. Think I may add some salt to the veg ect.

it is hard the first few days but you do get used to it.....i am back on track from today got my next weeks supply.....also i must say that u thnk it is quite hard to get bak on track if you do succumb but actually it is not as hard as you think just put it behind you and start gain but obviously you really wanna stay in ketosis for regular weight loss....

.....aligal can i just ask how much does your alizonne diet cost you cos i had a look yest and i htought i heard the woman say it will cost you £200 per week.i would love to do this as the extra treatments you get look really good but really dnt think i cud afford 200 per week.also i dont have any clinics that nearby so would have to wait til they expand......do you have to go regularly like every week or just monthly???/

sorry its just the woman weight loss was amazing and i think the extra treatments would b great for me as i think i will suffer with saggy skin otherwise. cheers

I went to the doctors today as I still didn't feel right after my fainting episode yesterday. I have been told to stop the vcld and up my calories to 1500 a day and then have a blood test and ECG done. I do have low blood pressure but she also said anything under 1000 calories a day could cause low blood sugar and It could of been that made me faint.

She said after I've had my heart checked out I can return to dieting but I shouldn't go under 1000 calories a day

I am really disappointed I've been trying so hard to lose weight for so long :(

So sorry to hear that. :(
Doctors need to check you out and make sure you are ok as I would hate to hear you had fainted again :eek:
Take care and I am rooting for you!!

I suffered with dizziness , but never fainted , however I also had palpitation sand have recently had a load of tests done , which has shown that I have extra heart beats

If you are advised not to continue with the vlcd , then maybe yo cold switch to calorie counting , as i have done on my fitness pal

I now have 1200 cals a day , which you could do once you have had the all clear , I still have paks to use so I just use those still but add in other foods to bulk my calories up to 1200

you may have fainted due to dehydration , basically your body faints to make you lie flat so your heart can pump blood to your brain which isnt getting enough oxygen , dehydration would cause that

I suffered with dizziness , but never fainted , however I also had palpitation sand have recently had a load of tests done , which has shown that I have extra heart beats

If you are advised not to continue with the vlcd , then maybe yo cold switch to calorie counting , as i have done on my fitness pal

I now have 1200 cals a day , which you could do once you have had the all clear , I still have paks to use so I just use those still but add in other foods to bulk my calories up to 1200

you may have fainted due to dehydration , basically your body faints to make you lie flat so your heart can pump blood to your brain which isnt getting enough oxygen , dehydration would cause that

Same here I saw a cardiologist about a year ago as I had palpatations and a heart murmur I was given the all clear but I think they want to keep an eye on it.

Funny I've just signed up to my fitness pal it looks great, I need something to keep control of what I put in my mouth! And I also thought about using the meal replacement maybe for two meals a day, that way I stay in control but can top up with healthy food to up the calories. Can I ask do you still try and eat low carb or just count calories? I'm scared if I go back to eating carbs I'll end up craving and over eating.

Last edited:
I would be lost without my fitness pal now , I had no idea how much crap im putting in my mouth , unless i track it on there

For instance I went in the copboard earlier and grabbed a handful of sunflower seeds and raisins , a healthy snack right ? but OMG when you track it you will be horrified by the calories and carbs eek , no wonder I got fat , cereal is also something that you really need to watch

so I would definitelyurge you to use it , add me if you like , same name

I tend to go for low carb , high protein snacks , egg , chicken , low fat yogurt , rather than bread and cereal

I hardly ever have bread now , never have pasta or potatoes anymore

Im a total carboholic , so I dont want to go back to that again , so you can set your carbs to a reasonable level and try to stay within it

I have mine set at 1200 calories , about 105 of that is carbs

I am experience some unpleasant side effects of too much protein though so Im having to constantly readjust what im eating to try to find something that works for me , over the last few weeks ive gradually upped cals from 800 to 1200 and carbs from 60 to 100

To be honest Im a bit all over the place at the moment , im staying in my limits mostly but Ive forgotten how to shop and what to eat lol

Im still having 2 to 3 packs a day , at least then I know Im getting good nutritions while I figure out what im doing , I can send you an example of a good day if you like without the packs , which is obviously what Im aiming for eventually

I would be lost without my fitness pal now , I had no idea how much crap im putting in my mouth , unless i track it on there

For instance I went in the copboard earlier and grabbed a handful of sunflower seeds and raisins , a healthy snack right ? but OMG when you track it you will be horrified by the calories and carbs eek , no wonder I got fat , cereal is also something that you really need to watch

so I would definitelyurge you to use it , add me if you like , same name

I tend to go for low carb , high protein snacks , egg , chicken , low fat yogurt , rather than bread and cereal

I hardly ever have bread now , never have pasta or potatoes anymore

Im a total carboholic , so I dont want to go back to that again , so you can set your carbs to a reasonable level and try to stay within it

I have mine set at 1200 calories , about 105 of that is carbs

I am experience some unpleasant side effects of too much protein though so Im having to constantly readjust what im eating to try to find something that works for me , over the last few weeks ive gradually upped cals from 800 to 1200 and carbs from 60 to 100

To be honest Im a bit all over the place at the moment , im staying in my limits mostly but Ive forgotten how to shop and what to eat lol

Im still having 2 to 3 packs a day , at least then I know Im getting good nutritions while I figure out what im doing , I can send you an example of a good day if you like without the packs , which is obviously what Im aiming for eventually

Thanks for that it's very useful :)

Well I've eaten today and I am feeling much better :) I had

Breakfast- ss poridge
Lunch - salad leaves, red pepper, tofu
Afternoon snack - Ss hot chocolate made with alpro almond milk-yum yum:p
Dinner - 2 x sea bass fillets with edame beans, broccoli and carrots with a drizzle of garlic oil.

I am nice and full but I have just been told off by my fitness pal for eating too few calories :rolleyes:

I didn't know you can add people on my fitness pal, I'm magicminnie btw :)

Glad you went to the doc, Tan.

Given your determination, you will be able to do a sensible low carb approach. Take a look at the calorie counting and Dukan boards and see where you feel you'll get some support. I'll see you MFP when I'm done as I agree its a great tool.

Ali

wow tan thats a really healthy days eating , if you did that you would definitely still lose weight and the main thing is that you feel better , its not worth risking your health

no1mom23 said:
Whats your total loss over the 11wks?

2 stone 10lbs I think it is

Lots2lose36 said:
2 stone 10lbs I think it is

Hope you don't mind me asking. I'm a size 18-20 at the min & 5"2 it would be really nice to get to a size 12 : )

I'm 5ft 9

You will do just stick to the plan the diet works amazing

thats different to me , Im 5ft 2 also
Ive lost 2 stone and only went from a 16/18 to a 14
so just goes to show how different we all are , it might be to do with body shape , becasue Im apple shaped my hips are a 12 but my waist needs to lose a few more inches to fit a 12 comfortably

Pheonix2010 said:
thats different to me , Im 5ft 2 also
Ive lost 2 stone and only went from a 16/18 to a 14
so just goes to show how different we all are , it might be to do with body shape , becasue Im apple shaped my hips are a 12 but my waist needs to lose a few more inches to fit a 12 comfortably

Me too im apple shaped. Think that sounds like me. I think the time i got to about 10st 8lbs i was a size 12 so maybe by the end of June : ) thats my goal for vlcd then at the beginning of July im going to make the change back to food. I got the atkins book to maybe try and keep my new eating to be more low carb.

Back