Just started and trying at home

I have just bought the Inch loss plan and started on Monday, going OK so far and hopefully will continue to do so.

I decided to have a go on my own as I got very disillusioned with classes at SW, I know RC is totally different but will see how I get on.

I am not into excercise - I know I should be - so wasn't sure if it is frowned upon, if you went to a RC class and didn't stay.

Also, I have read on here that people go to several classes in one week - can you do that with one membership payment, or do you need to pay for each class?

Hi, Well done for starting RC. I follow diet at home and follow the excercise in the book. If you dont like aerobics, dvds etc, you can always go for a walk. But i find there are lots of alternatives in the book.

Good luck!!

ps - i too didnt lose with sw, i dont think there was enough control for me, but would consider if for maintaing.

Hi and welcome to RC.

To answer your question regarding extra classes. You usually have three options. One is to pay your class fee weekly and if you go to more classes for extra exercise you pay a reduced class fee. Secondly you can yoin premier club which is monthly standing order and gives you your usual class fee us a reduction on goods and a further reduction on extra exercise or thirdly pay premier club plus where a bigger discount on goods is usually applied and you can go to as many classes as you like for no extra cost so it's wells worth it.

I hated exercise when I started and now I love it. Classes are great fun and you get lots of support there.

Good luck with your weight loss

Thanks, both of you, for your answers. I am going for a walk every day, so at least getting some excercise.

I am thinking about joining a meeting, as I like the whole group thing, so will give it some proper thought

I really didnt like SW either and felt that the unlimited food thing was too much like a carte blanche to binge!!! I did try it a few times tho, so at least gave it a fair crack!

joined RC myself last night, and am now very very hungry....but trying to see the positive in that! I am so overweight (5'5" and 20 stone) that I thought I would hate the exercise, but i loved it! I laughed so much at myself, and didnt feel once that I was being observed!!! I have even ordered the salsacise dvd from Amazon now!!!

Just my thoughts, and sending you lots of luck and wishes for a successful experience!!

I think I have now decided to join on Monday. Just found a £10 off coupon, so a good time to start.

I will let you all know how I get on

Well I joined my local club today didn't stay for the excercise as I need to discuss with my doctor first because of heart problems, so will see what he has to say.

As I have already been following the diet at home for a week, I also weighed myself and have lost 5lb this week.

I was a little disappointed in the first meeting because everyone is slim !!

I didn't stay for the excercise as I need to check with my doctor first because I have had a heart attack and want to be sure that it will be OK for me to do, but now I am not sure that I actually want to stay.

I would feel such a fool, not being used to excercise and all the others obviously well practiced. They all seemed to have very toned bodies too.

Two other larger ladies joined at the same time, but neither of them stayed for the excerise either. There were only about 20 people in total, so I can hardly go unnoticed.

I have paid for 5 weeks, so will see how I get on, otherwise I will just carry on at home (I wanted to join to get the pots).

Keep going, the members may be slim now, but they certainly weren't when they started. You will soon pick up the moves and every 6 weeks or so the routine will change and none of you will know what to do. On the dvd in your starter pack is a section on basic moves so go have a look. Also there are mini workouts on rc.tv so you can practices all sorts on there.

Going to class is a vital support network and it is proven that people going to class lose more weight, quicker and tend to keep it off.

Good luck and keep going

Back