Consolidation Just started Consolidation

weasey

Gold Member
've just started tge consolidation phase. I lost the bulk of my weight with another diet but have decided to move to Dukan for maintenance as he is one of the very few who actually seem to spend any time or effort on how to maintain. I've done the diet for a couple of weeks to understand it a bit better and drop an extra few pounds (which I managed to put on whilst trying to manage on my own).

Are there many people on here who are doing/have done the consolidation phase? I'm a bit worried about having the bread and the cheese as these have both been trigger foods for me in the past. Any suggestions would be welcome!

I'm on it now and love it- the bread and cheese is a small amount and uoure in control! That's what I keep telling myself!

My previous diet was even stricter rules! I have started to have the bread but was ill over the weekend - I don't know if it was the bread or something else - it's my first bread for 15 months... I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Hi Weasey

I also did a VLCD a few years back, started out at about 14 and a half stone and got down to 9 stone, but eventually it all crept on again, firstly through a lack of support from my Lighterlife counsellor and then from making bad food and drink choices.

I have started Dukan as it seems to be easy to follow (I am better being told that certain foods and alcohol are BANNED, rather than allowed in certain quantities) and also that the consolidation and stabilisation phases are there to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Very well done on your progress so far, and hope it all continues to go well for you.

Good luck weasey, pleanty if help and support hear x

Thanks guys!

I had probs with bread at first and still don't have much even on stab. The days of regular sandwiches at lunchtime are over for me - I now have salads mostly.

But I found a soda bread which is quite small slices and doesn't give me bloat. Also I have a crispbread or a flatbread instead of the bread, with my cheese that feels like a real treat, even now. Love cheese, so have to watch the amount of that. Little mouse me!

I'm afraid stab is constant vigilance, for me anyway. But so far - 6 months or so - it's fine.

I've not had a problem with bread on conso although i was worried it would start off cravings but it hasn't. I have it for supper as a cheese toastie and always weigh both the bread and the cheese - first time i had it my stomach made the most amazing noises i bet it thought what on earth are you feeding me as it hadn't had bread in over a year!

I quite like the idea of a cripbread - that might be a better solution for me.

I have just started having bread again and so far so good. I'm only having one slice now as I read somewhere on here that UK bread is bigger than the French wholemeal loaf. The one slice is actually suiting me better.

I haven't had any cheese yet. I don't know why. I have some in but I haven't yet had any... Does anyone know why Dukan suggests having the cheese? What benefit does it give?

Back