Just started LL and having trouble with my period (sorry if that's TMI)

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Badcheque, 9 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Badcheque

Badcheque New Member

Hi everyone

I started LL on Saturday. I have been on oral contraception for about a year. I take a pill every day (no breaks) and I haven't had a period the whole time. I'm on the one for people who are too heavy for the regular one. I take my pill at the same time every day. Haven't been doing anything different than usual.

All of a sudden, today I am bleeding (quite lightly).

What on Earth is going on?

Does it mean my contraception isn't working?

Help please anyone?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tange

Tange Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi there,
    I am on the same one (I think), and when I started I had exactly the same. Don't panic you are fine, I think it has to do with the changes in your body. It will pass, may be alittle longer than a normal period but thats all. I have had two periods in the last 6 months. Its also normal in terms of that kind of pill, it can sometimes happen.

Its a pain I know one gets used to not having one. Minor though if you think of how stunningly gorgeous you are going to look in a few months.

Hang in there.

T

4. sarah-louise x

sarah-louise x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    iv had trouble there too. been on my pill for ages with no problem, now im on LL i get my period a week b4 it should arrive. its nothing to worry about im told, just keep taking the pill as always. hope it settles for u. how u finding LL? iv been on it now for 5 wks, lost 26lb to date and feel fantastic! the first week for me was difficult but if u can get through it, ul be greatly rewarded so keep it up x

5. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    Hi. It's all to do with the progestogen-only pill. It causes unpredictable patterns, can be quite annoying.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.