Just started today---Will need support advice etc....

Nathan

Hi Im Nathan 39 yrs old and a first time trier on the TFR program. I weighed in yesterday and 15st 9lbs and I have around 4 stones to shift and my fathers wedding july 30th, to get back into my suit for (a stone should do it)
I've had my first two 'shakes' and almost have day one out of the way.Its been quite tough as I like my food and flavours, so far ive found the shakes very bland.
Im on my way for a party (ha) to watch the boxing, everyone will be eating & drinking so its going to big test from the start (i wish i had waited while monday)
All help,encouragement ,advice most welcome guys.
Regards
Nath

Last edited:
Hi Nathan

Welcome along!

That's really tough having a social engagement one day one, but you really could put it off forever if you always waited for the perfect time to start.

My advise to you would be to make sure nothing makes you give up in the first week, get to that weigh in and you'll be hooked!

Hope all goes well tonight.

Hi Nathan I'm at the END of day four, hunger pains have gone , still miss food tho but staying out of the fridge helps lol. Reading other posts 4 weeks to lose a stone is more than doable a lot seem to lose that in 2 weeks. Well done for day one I remember it like it was yesterday oh yeah it wasn't far off yesterday

Thanks guys, Ive just got in from the party, everyone was boozing and the food was baked potatoe with chilli, I could have murdered it but abstained. The girls at the party were really supportive (which I expected from the fairer sex) the guys took the mick generally, but said 'go for it' I dont think any of them are expecting me to last (there's an incentive) Water tastes much better than wine!!!!
So its off to bed to dream about the roast rib eye beef joint that Im not having for sunday dinner tomorrow. : )
Are food thoughts on day one normal???

On day one, and two, and three (see where I'm going with this?)
Congrats on very tricky first day. Hope you're giving yourself a slightly easier ride for a while now!

On day one, and two, and three (see where I'm going with this?)
Congrats on very tricky first day. Hope you're giving yourself a slightly easier ride for a while now!
Day 2 missing food big time, its been a beautiful day and along with the weather comes the bbq's and the wonderful smells drifting through the air, its drivingme mad at the minute.
I was at working today and started at 6am, going to work I imagined would be a big challenge.
So I got up at 4.30am I made my chocolate shake up as soon as I got into the kitchen. I have a twenty-five mile trip , so I drank up the shake on the way (circa 5am) I drive articulated wagons so I am away from base all day, so it was me ,my truck and a 2litre bottle of water.
I felt quite hungry through the day but I found drinking water soon cured the pains.
I m home now and about to have my second shake, so I ve gone around 12hours on one sachet and over 2litres of water.
Ive been told the first 3 days are the worse. Roll on day 3:)

hi Nathan and welcome, you are doing really well,and it will be worth it, especially when you get weighed,it does get easier as time goes on, keep focused and keep us informed how you are doing:clap:

Oh and the shakes seem to gain flavour daily I found myself thinking yummy today having vanilla with ice in
tried the ice thing tonight.....its a hell of alot better. My pharmacy hasnt given me any soups...im taking some of the shakes back tomorrow to exchange them..grrrr..:)

You are doing so well, Nathan. I really admire your willpower on that first party night! By the way, I know it's a question of taste and I don't want to put you off, but I wouldn't get too many soups until you try one! ;)

Day 5. For me and I managed to do a BBQ for 16 people I did all the cooking too and not so much as a taste of tomato sauce has past my lips bloody tempting tho but I only have to get through tomorrow then it weigh in tuesday. I'm thinking shorter goals not long term yet get tuesay and we will see

Hi nathan. I'm starting week 5 tomorrow.I've lost 23 lbs in 4 weeks. Just 5 more lbs to reach a 2 stone loss. Friends of mine have lost a little more in that time. By the time the wedding comes around you'll need to have you're suit taken in an inch or 2. Stick to it gets easier everyday. Mid way through week 2 you won't even think about food.

You are doing so well, Nathan. I really admire your willpower on that first party night! By the way, I know it's a question of taste and I don't want to put you off, but I wouldn't get too many soups until you try one! ;)

Day 3 almost over...100%... this lark is easy.....so far !
I hear the soup is like cup a soups...I dont mind that taste..not the best but will do.

That's the spirit!

This diet is really addictive. I went for my 3rd weigh in today, 16.5lbs lost in 3 weeks! I was just taking this week by week, to give me a really good kick start before moving onto weight watchers or slimming world or something less drastic. Thought I'd do a week, two tops but every time I go for my weigh in I buy another week!

Although it sometimes is still really difficult, most of the time now I feel like I could do this forever! Biggest worry is continuing to lose/maintaining when I do stop tfr!

Day 5. For me and I managed to do a BBQ for 16 people I did all the cooking too and not so much as a taste of tomato sauce has past my lips bloody tempting tho but I only have to get through tomorrow then it weigh in tuesday. I'm thinking shorter goals not long term yet get tuesay and we will see
thats brill, i'd had to watch the girls make southern fried chicken fahitas last night, they smelt divine,they did me the favour of sitting outside and eating on the patio, they caught me looking through the window all sad and drooling LOL

Hi Nathan, (Clair-Louise/Munch/Angela/Jessie)

Welcome to the land of punishment Nathan, lol. I am on day 6 today, weigh in Tuesday. I have done the diet a few times before, trust me it does get easier. once week one/two is done and you have stayed 100% and see and feel the results, you wont want to cheat. Yes the gremins in your head come back to haunt you from time to time, telling you to eat, but remember, its these little feckers that got us all here in the first place! ha!

Stick with it, its well worth it. Think how good you will feel in that suit having lost over a stone. And more so, you will be able to stick 2 fingers up to all your male friends who were taking the "p" out of you too.

Keep in touch al, keep strong! :)
xx
Nice one Caz, thanks for the support.

Hi Nathan, just wanted to say well done, i have found that if you have your first shake later in the morning it has a knock on effect so you can have your last one mid evening ( you know the time when all the food adverts are on tv to tempt us) I have the vanilla with ice and it definately does the job for me, my daughter is on the diet to but makes her shakes into a mouse(well not quite a mouse but a bit like angel delight) and that seems to work better for her, she says it feels like she is eating something, which is the bit we all miss..Good luck for the rest of the week and update us all on your weight loss.:)

Day 4 complete in ten mins...100% ..Get in Champ! : )

Hi Nathan, well done so far! I'm on day 3 today so I'm only a couple of days behind you. How are you getting on? Excited for weigh in?

Back