Just starting CD- so much to lose

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ava, 2 July 2007 Social URL.

1. ava

ava Silver Member

Hi everyone, new here so thought i would say hi!

Started ss on sunday so today is my 3rd day, going ok so far, felt very hungry sat and sun but kept drinking water. I'm quite glad i'm nearly 6 foot as i don't think i could manage on 3 packs a day!

Just feeling so annoyed and dissapointed with myself as a few years ago i lost over 8 stone, taking me to a healthy bmi. Stayed at it for over 18 months, then had an awful few years and now find myself bigger than i ever was and have 12.5 stones to lose :cry:

Just going to take it a stone at a time, have been reading the forum for a month or so before starting and have found it a great inspiration. Have fantastic support from my husband and family too so hopefully this is a new start for me :)

Now, just need to work out how to get a ticker :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DecemberBride2008

DecemberBride2008 Needs to succeed

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Welcome ava.

I started today, and know how you feel.

To get a ticker, google ticker factory, and choose your ticker there, then copy the code that it gives you into your signature :)

Good Luck
    xx

4. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Hi Ava, welcome on board, hun!!

Don't worry about looking at the whole journey just yet - take it in baby steps!!! In just a short while, you'll arrive at your target weight and wonder how on earth you got there so quickly!!!

Come on here and have a moan when you're low and let us celebrate your successes with you!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    Hi Ava

welcome to Minimins. You will get all the support you need here. We all know exactly what you are going through.

You are doing the right thing to take it a stone at a time. If you stick 100% to SS, you will have that first stone off in a week or two and up to two stone in your first month.

After that it should be about a stone a month. so you could be at goal in 12 months time or less.

Keep drinking the water. If today is day 3, you will be in ketosis soon which makes it easier as you will stop feeling hungry. You will still get cravings for food but you need to find ways to keep yourself busy so you are not tempted to nibble.

Good look Ava. You CAN do it.

Sam

Ps to get a ticker, just click on mine to go to the ticker website, then just create your own following the instructions.

6. rolo

rolo Full Member

Hi, I started saturday too. Yesterday was very hard but today is better for me (apart from feeling weak and faint). Hopefully that will pass soon. Good luck with your weight loss.

Roz x

7. ava

ava Silver Member

Thanks everyone, the support here is really great :)

Good luck to you too rolo, when is your first weigh in, mine is fri evening

Hope this ticker works

Last edited by a moderator: 2 July 2007
  8. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    hi ava

welcome to the madhouse and best of luck with your weightloss :D

9. ava

ava Silver Member

Thanks everyone :)

Cant seem to get the ticker thing to work though

Last edited by a moderator: 2 July 2007
  10. ava

ava Silver Member

Thanks all :)

Rolo when do you get weighed? Mine is fri evening, can't come round quick enough!

Don't know what i did with the ticker, thought i had it sussed, copy and pasted it and then it said it had to go off to the moderators before it would show up. God knows what i have done lol :)

11. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Good luck with your weight loss journey Ava ... at my heaviest I also had 12st to lose so I know how it feels but you've had some great advice on breaking the task down into small achievable goals. Someone said to me once that you can't eat an elephant in a single sitting (when I've got my 'eating' head on though, I'd actually dispute that - but you get the gist! :))

Keep us posted on your progress.

PS
    I think you'll find you can't put a signature on your posts until you've posted a certain amount ... so get posting :)

12. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Hi Ava

You need to paste the ticker into your signature, not into your post. I have had a go at it so it may well be showing there now :)

13. rolo

rolo Full Member

Mine is friday too although i might pop on her scales later as i'm going to swap some sachets. Good luck!!

Roz x

14. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    Ava

Just thought I'd tell you to have a look at the diary section and look up Natayou's diary.

She has lost 8 1/2 stones now and has about 4 to go (I think) so a similar amount to your total.

Her story is really inspiring.

15. ava

ava Silver Member

Sorry going to sound totally thick but what's my signature and where do i find it :eek:

16. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    click on user cp in the blue bar at top of page then edit signature :D

17. ava

ava Silver Member

Yay, think i have sorted it. Thank you all for your help and support :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.