JUST STARTING??? Join this Team so we all encourage one another :)

That's really good well done.. Does anyone have any incentives??

Hubby said when I loose a stone I can get my nails done (pamper is needed for a mummy of 3 under 3!!) and when I loose 2 stone I can get my hair done! So thats really boosting me!! Yay! :)

Thanks
My Incenive was originally for IVF, now that is not going to happen, we are now adopting but we have to be married to adopt, so my incentive is after 16 years engaged to get married on the beach (definalty need to be slim in this heat in a wedding dress) then we will adopt. Yay its about time

My incentives are:

Get down to a sensible weight and try for a baby
Hubby is giving me $10 for each lb lost!!
Dad (doesn't know I'm on CD) has offered me a completely new wardrobe if I loose 6 stone!!! I'm sure he expects me to fail so thinks he's onto a safe thing!!!!

Well done everybody on your losses. My first official weigh with CDC tonight. I've done SS for two weeks with an occasional slip (couple of slices of ham one night). Yesterday was my daughters bday. I was really good and avoided pizza, alcohol and cake but did sneak a few (about 6) chocolate buttons when I was cleaning up. On the whole, pretty pleased with myself but bit nervous about the weigh in. My incentive is to be slim for my 40th birthday in May.

i love the $10 for every 1lb idea, but dont think my boyfriend would agree lol.

mine are to buy myself a treat for every stone (14lb) like shoes or makeup, and clothes further down the line... cant wait to fit into my old clothes!!!

Might spend all the $$ my husband has to give me on a ticket back to the UK to see all my friends and family wearing all the new clothes my dad has had to buy me!!!!!

Hey Guys,

Me and my girlfriend are on Day 2! So far so good, we haven't cheated and fingers cross we stick to it!

I have however finding myself wanting foods I dont even like! Bizarre. I give my self a little prep talk in the morning to set me for the day.. apparently though when you do something straight for 14 days it becomes habbit so hopefully that will happen for me! Yay! :)

Anyway just wanted to say hi, and good luck to everyone!!

Lorna x

Hi guys. Been for my first weigh in .....
I've lost 10.75 pounds in two weeks and a total of 6 inches !!

I'm really pleased and have come home feeling inspired to keep going. I've got lots of porridge and shakes whichI've decided I prefer to the soups and have got some bars to try.

By the time I next get weighed, I could be a stone lighter, I can't believe it. I'm so glad I had the courage to start this.

I think we all deserve a pat on the back !

Well done Dobo! That's fantastic and is no mean feat. I am re-starting CD today - already had my breakfast shake and lunchtime soup...just off for another pint of water then!
Have a long way to go - tipped the scales at a huge 18st this am - want to try for another baby this year, so a fair old way to go. Am doing SS, otherwise I cheat! I find eating only makes me want to eat more, so this time it's now or never!!
Well done everyone - here I go to one day down...just taking it a day at a time and NO PICKING!! LOL!
XX

Hi peeps!!

I am a newbie to this forum, but am on Day 6 on SS+. I went for a weigh in last night (day 5 as busy day 7) and have lost almost 9lbs!!:scale:
Woohoo!!
Can I ask if anyone on here uses Ketostix?? My counsellor gave me a few, but I don't have the bottle - so can't judge the colour :sign0007:!! I thought that the aim was to be a beigy colour?? (Which I was on day 2) then by days 3/4 I was darker??

Thanks and hi,

Em :) xxxx

Hi Reggiesmum!
The ketostix turn pink to purple, the more ketotic you are. I suggest you buy some from your chemist as they can be very motivating - esp in the first few weeks. Expect to pay c£5 for a box of about 50, I think.
Very well done on a great loss.
XX

WOWOWO everyone is doing so well!!!!!!! i cant believe it... i was happy to know i lost another 4ibs which i was very happy, one more of that an i will in the 13 stone area,..... a place i haven’t seen since May 2007!!!!! i have taken your advices and got myself a new cdc and i saw her today. She is lovely and i was so encouraged by what she said. She really knows how to do things and build me up. I felt really happy and she even said that i had a waist.... a thing i thought that had disappeared from my body.

As it was my birthday she told me what foods i can eat and cant but in all that i should not punish myself for celebrating because i shouldn’t go through life always self punishing or worrying about eating. Its just being disciplined not to let it control you and eat when u really not hungry but bored or feeling emotional about something.

So i am so proud of everyone for what they are doing and how much they are losing and for me im happy i get the day of and enjoy some things :)

I was wondering maybe people should put down little goals :) i will think of mine and them post it as i would love to reach my ideal goal and get presents alone the way :)

I do like the idea of receiving money J

Well done marti, having someone you can relate to is a big help. I have bu77ered around for the past two weeks and lost only 4lb but now I am determined to stick to it 100% and if i have to cut people out who encourage me to do bad things for a few months then so be it. My downfall is alcohol not food, couldnt care less about eating really, but I was drinking a lot. Like a bottle of wine a night 2 or 3 times a week which is really bad for you. Social life revolves around the pub ( we own one!!!) so I am always there. But now sipping on teh water and hopefully no one will notice.....

Have just had my week 2 weigh in and I've lost 6 lbs. I'm so pleased..... 18 lbs in 2 weeks...... can't be bad!!!!

Marti Xia...... what foods did your CDC say you could have over your birthday?? Its my sons birthday in a few weeks and we'll all be going out to dinner. I intend to eat but bdon't want to mess up all my hard work...... but I am looking forward to eating with my family..... if only for one evening!!!

Short term goal is to have less than 100 lbs to loose. Should be there in 2 or 3 weeks. Not too sure if my goal weight is where I really want to be.... guess I'll know once I get nearer it..... think I would prefer to be slightly heavier but have less skin dragging behind me. For now I'll keep my goal weight but may adjust it as I get further along this journey.

Well done everyone...... keep up the hard work!!

Hi

Well done everybody on your loses. I've got my friends 40th birthday on the 31st and asked my CDC for advice. She said that life was for living and I should attend and eat if that is what I want to do, its just a matter of making good choices - a "planned cheat" she called it. She said go for lean white meat or fish and vegetables and maybe a clear soup if you are having a starter. Think carbs and sweet things need to be avoided. I'm taking the car so can't be tempted by alcohol. I don't want to undo the good work I'm doing but its too special an occasion to not join in.

x

My counciler said have meat and veg, try to stay awasy from the carbs and sweet but as its a birthday a cake wont kill you :). I dont really drink that much but apperntly if you do vodka and lemondae is the way to go. Which is ok for me as i like that.. or diet coke.

You have all been doing really well and its ok to have moment so weakness, just think tomorrow is anothe day and you can prove to urself your not going to give up. Sammy i ahve to say you do have it tough working in a pub!!!! but your losing, and that better then gaining :). Bonzo your doing so well. Thats amazing lost

I started SS yesterday, have previously been on LL a few times, my aim is to lose five stone by May! haha I know, setting my targets high! My counsellor came to my house to weigh me and I was shocked by the results. When she had gone I weighed on my own scales and there was a stone difference! I went to boots to verify which were right and mine were, so in effect I lost a stone in a day!!

Feeling very tired and a bit drained today, but am slogging on with the water. Well done everyone so far!

Back