Just Starting -My Diary

Setas

Silver Member
HI Everyone,

Have been reading back through some of your diaries - Its so good to see other people losing weight - a real inspiration, so I thought I would start a diary for me and hope that its one more thing to keep me going.

My 1st week of DC arrived yesterday - I was expecting it so I hung on for breakfast until it arrived after lunch! The pecan and maple granola is yummy. I'm really impressed and for me the best thing is not having to think about what to cook, just have to sort the childrens food out. I was so impressed I told DH about it and he has just ordered a months supply for him, so hopefully he will start this weekend (he works away during the week and weekends are always my problem time as he cooks lots of food!). Hopefully with him on it as well I might get somewhere.

Anyway had the cheese oat bakes for a snack and they were delicious too and Coq Au Vin with broccoli for dinner. Yum. Didn't manage to get my soup in as well because I started the day too late.

I have 10 days of back to back visitors now - normally and excuse to pig out - but this time i'm going to try and keep going. I always seem to find a reason why I can't start right now, so hopefully the fact that I have will keep me going.

On to day 2 !

Welcome :D

Good luck with all those visitors hehe!

The food is very nice indeed.

Can't wait to see how well you do come weight-in :)

Thanks Caroline - think it will be a challenge but its the first time I've really accepted that this is a long term thing rather than a quick fix, and that there will never be a time when life doesn't get in the way!

day 4 today and so far I'm doing good. 100% DC so pleased with that. I didn't realise how much of the childrens food I picked/finished off til now! Jumped on the scales this morning and down 4 lbs - lets hope it carries on that way!

Wow, 4lbs :O Go you :D

I've currently doing Exante - adding a meal in and modifying it a bit as I really wanted a change for a while, but DC has been my most successful diet yet. It really does work :)

Keep it up :D

Thanks Caroline - think it will be a challenge but its the first time I've really accepted that this is a long term thing rather than a quick fix, and that there will never be a time when life doesn't get in the way!

day 4 today and so far I'm doing good. 100% DC so pleased with that. I didn't realise how much of the childrens food I picked/finished off til now! Jumped on the scales this morning and down 4 lbs - lets hope it carries on that way!

well done Setas on ur 4lb loss :D

Thanks Shep, Caroline and Itsy.

How much did you lose on DC Caroline?

Well thats day 4 done and dusted...so far so good. Had a serving of yoghurt with a banana and a teaspoon of Nutella tonight as a treat - but still within my 1200cals so am pleased with that. I suggested to my hubby that he could do it as well and his supplies arrived yesterday - thought it would be great both of us working on it together , support, less temptation etc...but he has been a nightmare, mooching around saying "what can I eat, what can I eat"..Argh. He's just given in and had a muller corner yoghurt - not too bad but I can see it not working for him (as he sneaks in all the extras) and then him blaming the diet. Please let me stay strong and not give in when he does.

I lost a stone back in September last year, gained a bit over Christmas, then lost 10 lbs back in January this year. Been struggling around the 19 stone mark since then and really need to find my weight loss "mojo".

How are you getting on?

I think we have both started off around the same. I have been struggling around the 19 all summer and once the kids went back to school it was creeping up again - but this week has been good (so far) - have cheated and stepped on the scales every day but that has made it easier to do. Looking forward to my first "official' weigh in on Wednesday. The diet is the easiest I have ever tried - have only felt hungry once and not having to think about what to eat or to prepare it is just great. Hows this week going for you?

I'm going okay on my weird combo calorie counting diet at the moment. I will get back to DC. One think you may find is that after a while you get bored of it. Especially what with having to lose so much - a long time on soup for lunches hehe! It's a good idea to have a plan for those times when you want a break from DC - I was unprepared and just went OTT for a while but have now got back on track.

You heard about the biscuits they are now doing? Talk about temptation lol I dare not even order the oaties as last time I binged on a load!

NO what biscuits are they? I'm sure I will want a change after a while on DC, but for mow its working and I'm happy so long may that continue. Had my week 1 weight in today - 8lbs off. Thankyou DC! Now into the 18s so hopefully that 19 will never rear its ugly head again ;-)

NO what biscuits are they? I'm sure I will want a change after a while on DC, but for mow its working and I'm happy so long may that continue. Had my week 1 weight in today - 8lbs off. Thankyou DC! Now into the 18s so hopefully that 19 will never rear its ugly head again ;-)

Well done you 8lbs gone forever

Thanks Shep,

Well managed not to weigh myself this morning which is good. I know the loss will slow down and I can't expect to lose something every day so it seems a good idea to try and wean myself off the scales - well just a bit anyway!! Still enjoying the diet and still being good - which must be something of a record for me.

Welldone on ur loss Setas ur tickers
moving in the right direction :D

I know Caroline, I can't stop smiling. I'm trying not to weigh everyday now - just every other this week - as I know it will tail off so today I was really pleased to stand on the scales after a one day gap and see another 2 off. My children know how hard I am trying and my son said to me when he came downstairs this morning "Mummy you look taller!" It really made me laugh - I know he is trying to encourage me, but its just so cute how 6 year olds get the wrong end of the stick sometimes .

Ah bless lol Got to love the kiddies and their innocent rudeness/encouragement/curiousity hehe!

Wow, just realised you've also gone under the BMI 40 - yay! A nice round figure of 10lb :D

Thanks for that - hadn't even noticed it. Ah well onwards and downwards

Another day down. I really can't believe I ams ticking to this or how easy it is. the weight is just falling off me at the moment. I know it will slow down and keep expecting for it to happen ....but not yet.

Made a yummy treat last night - 200g frozen raspberries mixed with natural yoghurt. Yum.

Stood on the scales this morning and another 2 lbs off - thats 12 in 11 days. Thanks DC

Back