Just Starting out

Discussion in 'GI Diet Support Forum' started by alot2lose, 24 August 2011 Social URL.

1. alot2lose

alot2lose New Member

Hi everyone I am just started doing the G.I diet this week I have a lot of weigth to lose so looking for any advice I can get. Looking forward to meeting new friends on here.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CaliSweden

CaliSweden Silver Member

Start Weight:
    179lb
    Current Weight:
    158lb
    Goal Weight:
    130lb
    Lost(%):
    21lb(11.73%)
    Diet:
    GI/GL diet and Japanese diet
    Hi alot2lose, and welcome to the GI/GL diet section of the forums! It's great that you're going to start GI diet this week:) I think you'll find that it doesn't feel like a diet at all. I remember the first two weeks I felt like I must be doing something wrong as I wasn't starving all day, and I was able to eat all kinds of yummy foods.

There are a lot of wonderful ladies here that know a lot about GI/GL diet and have great tips and advice to help you:) They've been a huge help for me. We're more than happy to help you with your diet :)

4. Plumfoodie

Plumfoodie Paleo maintenance rocks!

Start Weight:
    200lb
    Current Weight:
    137lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    63lb(31.5%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Primal diet + kettlebells
    Hi and welcome! :) I really like eating low GI/GL and you'll find a lot of good tips and recipes here in the forum. You'll see a lot of us also post food diaries and are happy to comment or help where we can. :)

5. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Hi and welcome to the forum. I think Gi / GL is a great way to lose weight as it will become effortless after a while.
    Check out the threads in the Stickies section as there are lots of useful bits there.
    When I was in weightloss mode on GL I did the following:
    Avoided bread, potato, pasta and rice.
    Replace these with rye crackers, oat cakes, quinoa, couscous , lentils or beans.
    Keep portions very small: 50 g smoked salmon, 100 g White fish, 80g chicken or turkey.
    Cut down red meat and replace with bean dishes.
    Use a 9" plate for meals with 1/4 protein,1/4 starch, 1/2 leafy veg.
    Drink plenty of water, 500 mls with breakfast, again at lunch and again at dinner.
    Eat three meals and two very small snacks.

Start a diary here and post your food every day and any questions too.
    Good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.