Just Starting out

alot2lose

Hi everyone I am just started doing the G.I diet this week I have a lot of weigth to lose so looking for any advice I can get. Looking forward to meeting new friends on here.

Hi alot2lose, and welcome to the GI/GL diet section of the forums! It's great that you're going to start GI diet this week:) I think you'll find that it doesn't feel like a diet at all. I remember the first two weeks I felt like I must be doing something wrong as I wasn't starving all day, and I was able to eat all kinds of yummy foods.

There are a lot of wonderful ladies here that know a lot about GI/GL diet and have great tips and advice to help you:) They've been a huge help for me. We're more than happy to help you with your diet :)

Hi and welcome! :) I really like eating low GI/GL and you'll find a lot of good tips and recipes here in the forum. You'll see a lot of us also post food diaries and are happy to comment or help where we can. :)

Hi and welcome to the forum. I think Gi / GL is a great way to lose weight as it will become effortless after a while.
Check out the threads in the Stickies section as there are lots of useful bits there.
When I was in weightloss mode on GL I did the following:
Avoided bread, potato, pasta and rice.
Replace these with rye crackers, oat cakes, quinoa, couscous , lentils or beans.
Keep portions very small: 50 g smoked salmon, 100 g White fish, 80g chicken or turkey.
Cut down red meat and replace with bean dishes.
Use a 9" plate for meals with 1/4 protein,1/4 starch, 1/2 leafy veg.
Drink plenty of water, 500 mls with breakfast, again at lunch and again at dinner.
Eat three meals and two very small snacks.

Start a diary here and post your food every day and any questions too.
Good luck

Back