Extra Easy just starting

hey all, ive just joined sw today ( funny time to start i know) im a bit confused,,,,needless to say it really doesnt take much,,,,any way i understand the concept of extra easy,,,,do i have 3 meals a day made up of super and free foods plus syns? do i watch the portion sizes? cos surely if i eat loads it wont work? sorry if this is in the wrong thread btw. can i eat syn free things all day? many thanks

you can eat loads of the speed and superspeed food but watch the free food that are high in carbs. Don't have large helpings of those, such as potatoes. Thats what my SW consultant told me. Good luck with it. I'm into my 3rd week now and am loving it.

you can eat loads of the speed and superspeed food but watch the free food that are high in carbs. Don't have large helpings of those, such as potatoes. Thats what my SW consultant told me. Good luck with it. I'm into my 3rd week now and am loving it.

right i see,,,thankyou for that, the consultant didnt say much really, just a quick glance through the books, to eat till im full but not stuffed x any tips please feel free to pass them on :) x

If I'm having rice/pasta I tend to have 80g for lunch but 100g for dinner (this is dry weight) and this is plenty. If I'm having pots I tend to have between 200 & 250g. I know SW isn't about weighing but I like to know exactly how much I'm having so I don't over eat.

Em

I'm fairly new to this too...into my fourth week and on Extra Easy.

Give you an example of my meals these last three days....

Breakfast is always fruit, 2 or 3 pieces of...

Lunch..Ham and cheese sarnie, pack of Morrisons 'Eat Smart' low fat snack selection and an apple (mon). Cold chicken sarnie, 'Eat Smart' snack selection and two Clementines (tues). Bacon Sarnie, pack of Walker's French Fries and a large Apple (today). I use extra light mayo instead of marg in my sandwiches...

Dinners: Monday was Sausages (the 1/2 sin each one's), mash, veggies and gravy. Tues was Bacon, eggs, SW chips, mushrooms and baked beans. Tonight is steak, SW chips and peas.

I use any spare sins up on something like a (2-fingered) Kit-kat or 28g cheese on a few crackers if I have HexA left to eat.

Am I doing it right? Results so far say I am :)

Well done for starting at this time of year, so easy to say 'I'll leave it til after Xmas'.

Welcome new to this :D

There is loads of info on these boards, you will pick it all up in no time I am sure.

In the meantime, this thread - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html will help loads!

Gill2401 said:
Be careful of the distinction between super-FREE and super-SPEED - they are different, although with confusingly similar names, and some foods qualify as both! On EE, it's the super-FREE foods that you should be having as 1/3rd of each meal.

hi new to this welcome to minimins u will get loads of help and advice on here, read through a few of the diaries will give u some ideas and take a look at the recipe archive, it does take a bit of getting used to, there is also a really good thread for beginners on here which i think explains it better than the book good luck :)

thanks all - it seems very confusing to me right now - but im sure i will get the hang of it, was doing lipotrim but really couldnt stick to it, at least with this i can actually eat. so you can over eat then? so, if i was having steak for eg, i should only have one but fill up on veg etc?

You can have as much steak, and as much potato as you like. But you have to make sure that 1/3 of your plateful is superfree food. That's the limiting factor. If you have too much of your non-superfree, you won't be able to have enough superfree. If you put the veg on the plate first, you can only have twice as much as that in protein and carb.

It is confusing to start with, but you soon pick up how much is the right amount for you. There isn't a hard and fast rule. This isn't calorie counting, it's food combining to optimise your metabolism. So if you have one piece of steak, and one jacket potato (with 1/3 of your plate superfree), and you're still hungry, you can have more. But it helps if you can start to educate yourself not to have more straight away. You won't feel really full until a bit later. But if you DO have more - you have to up the fruit & veg intake as well.

Stick to the 1/3 superfree rule, and it will help to control your portion sizes, and it will help you lose weight.

It does work - there are lots of people on here who are testament to that!

You can have as much steak, and as much potato as you like. But you have to make sure that 1/3 of your plateful is superfree food. That's the limiting factor. If you have too much of your non-superfree, you won't be able to have enough superfree. If you put the veg on the plate first, you can only have twice as much as that in protein and carb.

It is confusing to start with, but you soon pick up how much is the right amount for you. There isn't a hard and fast rule. This isn't calorie counting, it's food combining to optimise your metabolism. So if you have one piece of steak, and one jacket potato (with 1/3 of your plate superfree), and you're still hungry, you can have more. But it helps if you can start to educate yourself not to have more straight away. You won't feel really full until a bit later. But if you DO have more - you have to up the fruit & veg intake as well.

Stick to the 1/3 superfree rule, and it will help to control your portion sizes, and it will help you lose weight.

It does work - there are lots of people on here who are testament to that!

thankyou - that made sense :)

I have a large plate filled with a roast chicken dinner every night..
I might be doing it wrong but I have about half the plate filled with the superfree veg ( cabbage, cauliflower, leeks, and recently brussel sprouts ), and about 3 medium potatoes cut into roasters, and a chicken breast ( skinned obviously )..
breakfasts are usually 2-3 eggs scrambled ( or 1 whole egg and 1-2 whites ) with a piece of fruit ( such as a nectarine ).
lunch is either cous cous, tin of baked beans or a tin of spaghetti, with 2 or more pieces of fruit ( plums, banana, apple etc ).
First and 3rd weeks I lost 8.5 lbs each time, and have lost 3.5 stone in 14 weeks... .

on the weeks that I deviated from the above and started having bread and pasta and rice again ( even a roast dinner gets boring if you have it every night.. ), I didn't have very good losses..

I think you find out what works for you. For myself, the carbs work quite well (although I always limit my bread), but some people find much better losses with more protein. You have to experiment.

But certainly, stick with as much superfree as you can handle. It really helps.

I think you find out what works for you. For myself, the carbs work quite well (although I always limit my bread), but some people find much better losses with more protein. You have to experiment.

But certainly, stick with as much superfree as you can handle. It really helps.

thankyou for your help - snacks then, if they are syn free can you eat them? my book says stock up on things like chicken drumsticks (no skin) but surely i couldnt eat them all day

I have a large plate filled with a roast chicken dinner every night..
I might be doing it wrong but I have about half the plate filled with the superfree veg ( cabbage, cauliflower, leeks, and recently brussel sprouts ), and about 3 medium potatoes cut into roasters, and a chicken breast ( skinned obviously )..
breakfasts are usually 2-3 eggs scrambled ( or 1 whole egg and 1-2 whites ) with a piece of fruit ( such as a nectarine ).
lunch is either cous cous, tin of baked beans or a tin of spaghetti, with 2 or more pieces of fruit ( plums, banana, apple etc ).
First and 3rd weeks I lost 8.5 lbs each time, and have lost 3.5 stone in 14 weeks... .

on the weeks that I deviated from the above and started having bread and pasta and rice again ( even a roast dinner gets boring if you have it every night.. ), I didn't have very good losses..

ive written out a couple days of food, but compared to yours i think i would have to reduce it by half, think ive got far too much on mine

You probably could. But keep having super free too. So some fruit as well as the chicken.
Snack on what you need. Some people snack all the time; some eat so much at meals that they only need the odd piece of fruit between meals.
Try and sort out something you can manage for breakfast, lunch and dinner, that sticks to the 1/3 superfree rule, and you'll find out as you go along whether you'll need lots and lots of snacks, or just the occasional bit. But the more superfree you manage, the better.
So yes, snack on chicken, if you want. Just make sure that 1/3 of everything you eat in a day is superfree.

You probably could. But keep having super free too. So some fruit as well as the chicken.
Snack on what you need. Some people snack all the time; some eat so much at meals that they only need the odd piece of fruit between meals.
Try and sort out something you can manage for breakfast, lunch and dinner, that sticks to the 1/3 superfree rule, and you'll find out as you go along whether you'll need lots and lots of snacks, or just the occasional bit. But the more superfree you manage, the better.
So yes, snack on chicken, if you want. Just make sure that 1/3 of everything you eat in a day is superfree.

thankyou so much for taking the time to explain it to me - if i write on here my day food dairy as an example please could you point out if im going wrong?

I think the most important thing is to get variety in your diet...Coljack, you're doing brilliantly but eating the same thing every night is going to mean you'll get bored and that's when things can go wrong. SW isn't a diet IMO as such, it's a lifestyle change and eating the same thing all the time is restrictive and there's no need to restrict yourself. Losing 8.5lb a week is fabulous but what were 'not so good' losses....even if you're only losing a pound a week, that's a 4 stone a year, not to be sniffed at.

I think the best advice I can give is similar to JoT...make sure you get your superfree and be sure to drink as much water as possible.

And enjoy it, I've been doing it for six months nearly, and I'm not fed up yet!

xxx

New To This - By all means, put your food diary up here for a few days. I'm happy to help.

Also, if you go to the food diary section of the SW forum, you'll find loads of other diaries. We're all different, but you would get ideas as to how quite a few of us eat.

I've also been doing this for 7 months, I vary my food quite a lot, am not bored with it yet, and have lost nearly 4 stone. It does work!

Back