Just swapped from WW to SW and completely lost. Any tips appreciated

lea8198

Gold Member
Hi guys.

Quick history.
I took up weight watchers a few years ago and got to goal. Did brilliantly. Loved it. Then had a baby who is now 1, gained lots of weight and now struggling losing it. I started doing WW from home as I know that and thought I could manage. I lost nearly 1 stone. Gave up and gained half of that back. Now I have decided I need a completely fresh start and decided to try slimming world. I have heard so many good things about it. I weighed in last night (eeekkk) but I am motivated now to get to goal again.

As a newbie, does anyone have any tips or tricks of the trade that are vital to success? I have done reading up but need to do more and would be happy to hear from you.

How many pounds per week should I hope to lose sticking to the plan?

Thanks in advance

L x

Hey!! Welcome to slimming world, just make that 1/3 of each meal is superfree and you only eat when hungry.
Muller lights, low fat super noodles and chicken are my must haves and I always plan ahead (I find it easier to stick to it)
I've lost a stone so far in 3 weeks but everyone is different apparently most new members lose half a stone in the first 2/3 week (that's what my consultant said anyway)

Hello :) I'm new here so I'll leave someone more experienced than me to advise properly, but I will say I've joined Slimming World online (on Sat) & find the website excellent- great food diary, syn look up, explanation of what each plan involves etc. I'm doing Extra Easy- lots of free food but a third of the plate must be superfree (salads & vegetables & fruit), must eat a healthy extra dairy & healthy extra fibre a day - the food diary makes tracking that easy. Can go up to 15 syns & there's a great online tool for that too. My first weigh in is Sat- I'll know then how it's going. But I will say this - not been hungry once :) Good luck :)

First bit of advice look around for a group u like. Weigh in. Buy hi fi bars. Plan ur weekly menu including syns. Go shopping buy only what u need. Stock up on super free and super speed food. Keep logging on here specially if ur struggling. Use all 15 syns a day to start with and you can reduce it when your close to goal. I tend to just have fruit for breakfast coz I don't like to waste healthy extras too soon. Muller light banana flavour are a god send and are free. Dont think of it as a diet, think of it as a perminant change in life style. :)

Main thing is to be prepared. Have plenty of fruit/yogurts etc in for when you get the munchies. When I want something sweet I try to have quark with sweetener mixed in. Sometimes if its too sweet it gets rid of your sweet craving

Also I was a ww girl for years but got sick of continually thinking about points. It took me ages to get out of the ww mindset and into the sw one because they are very different

I love the fact that theres no need to ever be hungry

All of the above!
Don't have expectations that are too high, loosing weight is not an overnight thing, some people loose 1/2-1lb steadily each week - which is still great, if you are one of those lucky people that regularly loose 3-4lb fab. A loss is a loss :)

My tip is to bear in mind that free foods are meant to be eaten in moderation - ie only enough to make you pleasantly full, NOT stuffed. Don't scoff eight bananas and six muller lights just because they're free otherwise you won't lose. Also remember to have your third superfree with all of your meals. Good luck and if you have any more queries don't hesitate to ask!

As someone who also lost a chunk of weight on ww, but then went over to sw, the best time I can give you is trust the diet and forget what you learnt at ww

I joined SW last year for the first time, and gave up after about a month. i did lose over half a stone in that month, but I never really settled into the sw way of eating. I was constantly counting how many pro points I'd had, and sort of ended up doing an amalgamation of both diets

This time I joined with a different mindset and completely put my faith in the sw plan. It really does work. When I did ww I was quite reliant on pre prepared food/ready meals etc. To do sw you have to be prepared to cook from scratch, but I've actually found that I enjoy cooking as much as I do eating. It's just good nutritious food that the whole family will eat.

Make sure you have your 1/3 superfree, stop eating when you're satisfied. Weigh and measure your health extras and enjoy your syns. It really does work. :) good luck

Back