Just want to check is it ok to have couscous for brekkie?

Dont see why not:)

Agreed ! I think you can have what ever you like, when you like as long as its on plan. I woke up this morning to my beef & veg chilli being ready in the slow cooker and had a wee bowl before I went to work at 6am :p

dont forget you can make it sweet, and add fruit for your 1/3 superfree! :D

Just for a change

yep of course you can have it :) - the only time you have to worry about synning it, is when using it in a cake or bread as a subsitute for flour.

I love couscous but have never thought of having it for breakfast, always thought of it as a savoury dish.

Let us know how it goes with the fruit, might give it a go myself if it is any good :)

I have it for my breakfast every morning :) I add either sultanas (which I syn) or a handful of one of the frozen fruit mixes you can buy from the supermarket. A mullerlite stirred through makes it lovely and creamy and it's so filling I can last through til lunch with no problem! I actually prefer it to porridge now and of course it's all free on EE so HEA & HEB can be saved for later in the day :D

Lesley01 said:
I have it for my breakfast every morning :) I add either sultanas (which I syn) or a handful of one of the frozen fruit mixes you can buy from the supermarket. A mullerlite stirred through makes it lovely and creamy and it's so filling I can last through til lunch with no problem! I actually prefer it to porridge now and of course it's all free on EE so HEA & HEB can be saved for later in the day :D

Thats so cool so do u add water first or just pour it in the muller? X

I have this at least 4 times a week.

the way I make is put 2-3 sweetex tablets in a cup and pour over hot water to dissolve.

pour the hot water over the cous cous and leave for about 5 minutes or per instructions.

Once soft I mix in a mullerlight youghurt (any flavour of your choice) and then pop in the microwave for a minute or two - voila lovely hot brekkie & no syns!!

Enjoy

lol mine's even quicker :D

sultanas/fruit in bowl
pour over cous cous
add boiling water to just above couscous level
nuke for 3 mins
stir mullerlite through
Eat & enjoy!! :p

I know i should syn the fruit because I'm heating it up but I don't! I do syn the sultanas though because they would be synned anyway

Back