Justgina's exercise diary

justgina

taking it 1 day at a time
Thought I'd start keeping a diary and see if the amount of exercise I do affects my weight loss. Planning on going running for 30 mins 3X a week and doing dumbell exercises 6 times a week (alternating between upper and lower body). will also add in a few crunches and the odd session on my thigh trainer.

Wednesday 10th June 09

Completed day 20 of Smart Girls Do Dumbells.(Compound arm day).

Hope to do stepper later.

Smart Girls Do Dumbells is a book by Judith Sherman-Wolin. I had never used dumbells before I got it because I thought all you could do with them was bicep curls but I have now discovered that they are good for a whole body workout. The book is aimed at women who want a toned body, not huge muscles and it has detailed descriptions of each exercise along with suggested reps based on your current ability. In the back is a plan to get you through the first 30 days. It also has ab exercises and stretches to include.

I got my book from Amazon and would highly recommend it.

Have done day 21 today. Its a take it easy day with only one set of ab exercises and a few stretches so I might add a few arm exercises later.
Planning to do either a run or 30 mins on the stepper later.

Bah, didn't get a run or stepper yesterday.

Fri 12th June
30 mins stepper and day 22 SGDD (concentrating on legs)

Bah, didn't get a run or stepper yesterday.

Fri 12th June
30 mins stepper and day 22 SGDD (concentrating on legs)

Hey keep up the good work. Quick question, do you do your cardio before or after your weights?

Back