Kacey - Following Danish LL- CD (VLCD)

Hi Carol - So, does that mean on Week 4 (or after week 4, on week 5) that you get to add a meal a day? And then do you cut back on your shakes/soups by 1 or ?

I think adding a meal EVERYDAY, ALL THE TIME would not be good for me! I'd be upping the intake a little here and there. But maybe for a week - that's a good idea. Like I've got something to look forward to somehow.

I think I will pick up some chicken too. I'm not fussed about steak or chicken one way or the other.

As for veggies - well I was thinking a few fresh tomatoes, a cucumber, and a little fresh squash (all out of my garden). But I doubt I can eat much as I haven't eaten in so long...

This is interesting! It gives me some options! On the other hand, maybe I will have some super-human moment and just skip the whole thing and eat my soup and drink my water :p! Let's hope for that!

I appreciate your input - some options besides shakes and soup makes things a little more interesting.

Hi Kacey

Weeks 1-3 Have four packs a day and half pint of skimmed milk (if you want it - godsend for me - hate black tea and coffee) per day

week 4 - as above plus small meal from the allowed list of foods I gave you (by the way tomatoes are not on the list until maintenance and nor are squash!!! Sorry! - maybe if it is a summer squash, i.e. yellow courgette/zucchini that would be ok, but butternut/acorn/pumpkin type squash are too high in carbs too!!

Then weeks 5-7 4 packs a day

week 8 add a meal again

Any other info you need give me a shout. Hope your meal/weekend with your friends goes well

C x

Hi Carol - Quick post... still guests here. I successfully avoided eating ANYTHING! Yes! (more on that later)

But if you see this, how many calories, appx is each of your packs? Mine are appx 100 calories each - and I have 6 per day. I'm exercising between 200 - 400 calories per day - also appx. So I'm just trying to calculate this so I get it right.

Thanks much! More later!

And ha ha ha ha ha- I feel TOTALLY fresh this morning and they are all moping about with horrible head pains!

OK - back again shortly. If someone could help with the W8 calorie intake numbers (appx daily amounts based on 4 packets) that would be great. I've still got a load of the stuff I bought from here in Denmark but I think this week I'll see if I can't get the W8 stuff ordered. I'm happy with what I have here but would like the spaghetti, and chicken noodle option - and also some guidelines. The stuff I'm buying now, while it has all the daily vitamins and supplements, etc - and it tastes good - doesn't have any support to go with it!

As for yesterday - had to run to airport to pick up 'old' helper who is going to stay here and go to school and help with our son (works well for all of us). I forgot my shakes, bars, everything. Needless to say I was starving (4.5 hrs gone). So I stopped to go to the toilet because I drank so much water - and they had a protein bar. Well, I bought it. Just in case I got that really sick, nauseous, 'I haven't eaten feeling'. Thankfully I didn't... So when I got home I had to hurry and eat a soup and a shake. Then make dinner for the guests. The whole time I'm thinking, OK I'm going to have a little of this food when it's ready, served, etc. Anyway - the guests are all drinking, having fun, etc. (Since before I got home from airport - so they were well into the 'happy hour'.)

I was trying to make dinner, get child bathed and in bed, etc. One of the guests volunteered to put the food on the grill. When I came out I found him slathering ALL OF THE GRILL food in barbecue sauce and oil. (including the veggies) So, I just went in, fixed my soup, brought it out and ate it while they ate their food. THANK GOODNESS he did that. I missed nothing except some cheating and a hangover!

However, I'm really keen on having a little food so I'm thinking about the W8 food week but want to make sure I do it right in terms of calories, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Week 4 WI today. TOTM also. So only 2.2 pounds lost but a WOWEE 21 more centimeters for a total of 44 centimeters lost. That is 17 inches - 3 and some off my waist. Hurrah!

I've managed now for 28 days without cheating. It IS getting easier. The chatty voice is getting quieter. But that is for today. It's definitely one day at a time. I'm able to handle more exercise now but for the record I did not manage all my pilates last week (goal 3 times only did once). I DID manage to get in 5 days of walking. I only managed 1 weight lifting but did a lot of house and garden work. So, I'm actually proud of myself that I kept up with the walking even though things were CHAOS here!

Hopefully this week I will have a MAJOR drop in weight :)! Also, I hope to get some of my exercises in this week even though my son has LOTS of appointments (like everyday). I WILL walk everyday somehow!

Whew.... I feel so amazed that I've almost done this for a month. I've given myself permission to have some of the food that Carol suggested from W8 but so far I've kept away. Time more than anything... Let's see how it goes.

Here's to week 5 ! Come on Xmas!!! I want to look GOOD BABY!

Sorry I've not been about Kacey.

Firstly well done for refraining from the excesses of the weekend - makes you feel smug when everyone else has a stinking hangover and you feel fab - ha!

In answer to your Qs - the W8 packs have 110 cals each so on rapid you get 440 cals per day plus 1/2 pint skimmed milk if you want - another 100ish cals, making a total of about 540-550 cals in total.

Each pack has a quarter of the total recommended vits/minerals/omega3+6/fat/protein/carb/fibre etc

Hope that helps some - and again, well done 2.2lbs on TOTM is a great loss - you are definitely losing nice and quick

Carol x

well done Kacey on 2,2 lb off... X Oh and not eating over the weekend x

Love Nas x

Thanks Nas and Carol for the nice comments. I'm STRUGGLING today. I hate this up and down... Yesterday - NO PROBLEM. This weekend - NO PROBLEM. Today - I'm starving!

I'm definitely going to add some protein and green veggies this week. I don't want to end up quitting altogether because I have these wild cycles of starving, fine, starving, craving. I have to admit that the nice thing with Atkins was I never was hungry or having cravings after the first few weeks. However, I'm learning a great deal about my mis-use of food by not eating any on this... So both have their benefits. Let's see what adding a little protein does for me in the next few days.

Today is Friday. Yesterday I added a small bit of pork chop and an egg at breakfast. Cut back my shakes by 2 servings. I had such a headache since Tuesday and then was soooo exhausted for no apparent reason. Laid down for a nap at 3, got up at 6, went back to bed at 8 and slept til this morning. My stomach is growling and growling and my head pounding. I am going to add a little more fat/protein the next few days and see if I can get myself to feeling back to 'normal'. Keeping calories under 1,000 but need to get a little balance. I don't know why this is happening all of a sudden but it is TOTM which is normally NEVER a problem but who knows with this new WOE. I'm not going to 'cheat' but plan out some high protein, high fat foods to supplement with to try to get rid of this horrific headache and awful growling in my stomach. More later...

hi kacey. just been catching up with your thread. on cambridge we have lots of different plans. is there a cambridge available in denmark. it seems strange writing to you from an hour or so away, ha. well i was doing the 1000 plan before coming here and it's what i'll be going back onto. it involved two shakes a day, both around 150cals each and then a breakfast lunch and dinner option. my daily menu consisted of a shake or soup for brekkie and i chose the fruit brekkie option which was three 50cal pieces of fruit which i then spread throughout the day as snacks as i was fine on a shake for breakfast. lunch is a bowl of green salad. no tomatoes or red peppers, so mainly cucumber, celery, different lettuces or a couple of tablespoons of brocolli or such to go with a soup and then for dinner i had a chicken breast stir fried in water with a brocolli floret and a couple of mushrooms with a certain amount of pasta or potato, the measurements i can't remember now. i think it's 40g of dry pasta or 100g potato but i could be wrong. and it seems like so much food after doing sole source. the other option is sole source plus which was your three packs and then a small amount of chicken or veg on a night and you can interchange ss and ss+ if you need to. and there is an 810 plan which is in between too. i know that's all very confusing but i don't have my books on hols with me i'm afraid... i think it's all on the cambridge website though so it might be worth having a look to get the information you need.

hope all is going well with you at the mo hon.

abz xx

Hi Hi Hi !!! I musta got lost, I musta got lost.... somewhere down the line... (singing, humming!)

I'm here. Things are NUTS. My son's surgery is next week. There are birthdays and parties and people coming out of the woodwork. Arghh. Anyway - I got to feeling rather bad doing the liquid diet so I went back to my old low carb ways. In fact, nearly no carb. And man, oh man, is that going good! :p I'm not hungry, I'm eating lots of delicious meat, eggs, bacon, butter, cream, etc and I'm losing lots. Let's hope that trend continues!!!

I'll be back for more - hopefully on the weekend or middle next week. Son's surgery is Monday!

All the best!!! Keep yourself well.

Kacey

i hope your son's surgery goes well hon. and low-carbing... mmm. ha. just make sure you get veg into you or you'll get spotty!!

abz xx

god u had a better loss no carbing than on liquids. well done
good luck with the surgery xxx

Hi again. Sorry for the infrequent posts but we've been at hospital all week with my son. He is doing fantastically though they say he will have to have another surgery in 2 more weeks. :(

I'm packing my food and sticking to my diet! I'm eating about 75-80% fat and rest protein. Trying to stay under 5 carbs per day. I feel good. My skin and hair is glowing. I'm not having cravings which is wonderful all by itself. I'm shooting for under 180 by end of month!!!

I've lost 66.5 centimeters so far (26+ inches)! Still hoping for under 160 by end of year! My calories are in the range from between 1100 a few days to mostly over 2,000 the rest of the days. Also, putting coconut oil into my coffee and tea (a spoonful) - suppose to help keep the fat levels up, and get rid of candida. Whatever -it's working :D!

Wishing you all the best - sorry for being MIA but the child takes lots of time!

Best regards
Kacey

you need no excuses hon. you're doing fabulously. I'm glad your son is doing fantastically :) and your diet is going well too. looks like your losses are going well :)

abz xx

god ur doing fab well done. hope ur son is ok xxx

Back