Kacey - Following Danish LL- CD (VLCD)

oh kacey!! that's awesome news. am so chuffed for you. and as for hubby. well you knew it would catch up with him, hee. at least now you won't have to put up with him gloating all the time :)

i hope you enjoyed your day of relaxation yesterday?

and can you see the difference? are you starting to notice that bits of you are thinner?

abz xx

HOO HAW! Just back from measuring :D and photographing :(. We'll stick with measurements for now! 18.5 centimeters gone since last week - which gives a grand total of 23 centimeters BANNED FROM MY BODY! (that's 9 inches but it sounds better in centimeters!)

Thanks ABZ... Hubby is soooo grouchy but hey, that's his own fault! I'm just sneaking around being proud of myself :cool:!

YEAH YEAH YEAH.... little dances and twirls!

keep up with the dancing honey. that result is fantabulous!! ha. twirl off a couple more centimetres :D :D

i'm holding my before photos close to the chest at the mo too. ha. i might get my mate to bring her camera so i can have some more taken on thursday. looking back at my before pics is scary. and i think i'd been on cambridge for a week then!! ha.

abz xx

:party0049::party0049::party0049:

Go Girlfriend, Go Girlfriend!!!!

Congratulations Kacey - brilliant news! 4.4lbs in a week is great, apart from my first week I never lost that much. My average is about 2-2.5lbs a week - and it took me a month to get where you are now so you are doing amazingly well.

And hubby - HA! :sign0151:

Well done again - see, isn't it worth the hard work - a stone in 3 weeks!

Carol x

Thanks for the support!!!! If I can follow in both your tracks, I'll be thrilled!!! Is it really another week til weigh in? I don't want to wish time away but ummm, could we just fast forward into the future and the thin and healthy me!!!! :character00255:

Well Done Kacey... 4.4 lb is awesome..... and all those inches too!!!!!

Nas x

ha. kacey. we all want that to happen!! but then there's a lot of experiences to be had between now and then i don't want to miss i reckon... my holiday for one :D

abz xx

Wow well done hun

Thanks dietingqueen! I hope to mimic you too! I want to copy every successful tip and person I find! Congrats on your pregnancy shrinkingannie. I hope the morning sickness passes soon.

I started yesterday with some weight lifting. I was just wrecked last night - asleep at 9:15 (before my son even). It's only a 7 minute routine but between that and the walking....

I am really, really trying not to overdue it on the exercise. One thing is that my back and knee are still poorly. The other thing is the low calories. But the MAIN thing is that I always overdue it on exercise, then get totally wiped out - then stop the whole thing. So, I promised myself to only add one exercise per week. Does this sound like some kind of sickness? YEP - does to me too! Obsessive eating. Obsessive exercising. If I had to pick - well, I guess the exercising is the better option but not to the point of overdoing it then stopping.

Having said that, I told myself one new exercise a week. So last week I added 3 times a week, (20 minute tape), pilates. This is mainly to help my back. This week I said, OK I'm going to add 3 times a week for less than 10 minutes some weight lifting for my arms, chest, shoulders. Get rid of the bat wings!

Then last night, a water aerobics class I've been waiting on for ages finally opened up. (this was recommended for my back and is only 30 minutes a week) So, I'm going to go against my own 'promise' and add that in too.

Adding it all up - it's an hour of walking a day for 5 days, plus one hour of pilates a week, plus 40 minutes of weight training, plus 1/2 hr of swimming (maybe an extra 1/2 hr if I have the energy). Put that way it doesn't seem like too much. (Well, I'm talking to myself here.... but I don't want to over do it but I also want to have a fit, trim body after I've lost the weight so I'm not flopping all over the place. - Besides my boobs which may well need a good talking to of their own!)

Hmmm - I know I am rambling but I want to go down the right road this time. Not end up doing 2 or 3 hours of exercise a day - which is not in itself a bad thing - but it is really not sustainable unless I'm an aerobics instructor or something which is frankly just laughable!

Ahhh - anyway - at least I'm talking about the RIGHT things and not chocolate cake or something!!!!

Friday is 1/4 of the way to 100 days. I really can't believe it... 25% of the way with no cheating. Makes me feel like I can get 50% of the way! OK, off for some 'real' work now....

This diary helps me stay on track....

arghhhhh I want some pizza SOOOOO bad! It's literally haunting me.

2 things since this mornings post. One - hubby got his act in gear again and lost 2 kilos since yesterday. He was so psyched that when we went for our morning walk he wanted to do 10,000 steps (about 4.5 - 5 kilometers). Well who am I to say no??? (you know all or nothing in the exercise department)

I was WRECKED and STARVING when we came home. But I had to hurry, hurry to go pick up my son because the people with handicapped cars was coming so we could try out a car with our son and all his 'gear'. Rush, rush, rush. (I did eat but it was not enough! Still starving!) Came home just as they pulled up. OK, the meeting went well but it may be a few to several months before we get the car! I'll hope for a few!

THEN I get a mail from the au pair agency saying that NO WAY will girls accept a handicapped child AND have the ability to drive. Lovely! Now what?

I want pizza. I want pizza. I want pizza.

I'm even having thoughts like "Oh - if I had pizza ONE night - well that wouldn't REALLY hurt - in fact I might feel better and stay on track better."

That sounds like Dr. Jekyll talking to me... but GOD but he sounds gorgeous, and sexy, and like.... um - pizza!:sigh:

stay away hon. trust me on this one. you will feel hungover, severely hungover afterwards. and getting back into the swing of not eating is INSANELY difficult after coming off.

step away from the takeaway menu!! you can do it!!

abz xx

I think I'm going to bed early! The only solution.... sleep instead of eat :)!

Tomorrow I have to go to the physical torturist for my back. The guy just came back from Beijing where he worked with the Swedish Olympic Team. Is that not embarrassing or WHAT??!! My fat, flabby body in the hands of a guy that's been working on these perfect specimens! On top of that - this guy was on one of the first Survivor's and well, you can just imagine... Having said that he is a truly lovely person but I'm still embarrassed to be butt naked in front of him after he's been looking at the perfectly toned butts of Olympians!!!!

HEAVY SIGHHHHH! I am one of these days going to have a toned butt - maybe not Olympic quality but toned!!! Off to bed to avoid cheating!!

you have to be naked?? hee. well at least he'll be able to comment on your progress since last time he saw your butt :D

abz xx

Yeah - it's my lower back (a disk in my back is herniated) so clothes are not an option.... Off to shave my legs :D! (I do more for my therapist than I do more husband... he he he)

i know the feeling. going to the physio and being bent and twisted whilst in shorts... i don't think i've ever shaved my legs as often as when i had to go there, ha.

I think I'll start today's entry:

Dear Diary - Well, today I woke up in an absolute crap mood. That seems to be happening more and more often these days. Is it due to caloric restriction or was I successfully hiding my moods with food before? I don't remember these irrational ups and downs while on Atkins - though I did eat all the time on Atkins so that may be part of it. I don't like this crankiness that comes out of nowhere... it feeds irrational, ugly thoughts. Weird dreams I've been having these days too... very weird. And it doesn't help the mood to hear Barry Manilow's Copacabana about 400 times in your head while sleeping. (that in fact may be 90% of the bad mood!)

Took son to horse riding therapy then went to the physical torturist. Not as bad today as last week so maybe there is improvement happening?

THEN went to grocery store. Now THAT was not a good thing to do. I fantasized about eating ALL the things that I could while on Atkins. Funny I didn't care about any of the chips, candy, cakes, ice cream, etc. but MY GOD could I have sooo taken some ham, chicken breasts, pork rinds, etc and just eaten them right there in the store. I didn't.... but part of me is wondering why I am NOT eating some of that stuff. I lost weight on it before. Albeit more slowly - with more exercise - but at least I was eating.

GOD I am feeling depressed.... Get home and Mr. NOT Goody Two Shoes has lost almost 7 kilos now in 11 days WHILE cheating! He is now an EXPERT on this diet and informs me I should be eating a light breakfast and a light lunch and no dinner (just shakes and soup) and that would make my mood better plus I'd keep losing and I would be able to eat. Then he reminded me we have guests this weekend... and what am I going to do - just sit there and have a shake while everyone else is having steak and wine? He thinks ONE day off the diet won't hurt me - in fact might help... Like caloric cycling! I didn't even know he KNEW that word as D I E T is not part of his vocabulary normally!

Ahhh I feel overwhelmed and depressed.... It seems overwhelming to me today to not CHEW on some food, even an egg, for sooo long. It hasn't been that long but god it feels like ages! Rationally I get that an egg doesn't have all the supplemented vitamins and nutrients that the shake does - for the same calories. But some CHEWING.... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I just wish I was doing this with someone other than Mr. Cheater who still loses over 1 stone in 11 days! He doesn't 'get' my problem. And now the weekend is coming and I'm really going to feel like some kind of priss just sipping my shake while the others say - "Oh come on - 1 glass of red wine can't hurt you! It's GOOD for you!"

I honestly thought my daughter's birthday (in a few weeks) would be the hard one but since we are hosting - I don't think it will be so hard. But friends, hanging out for the last weekend of the summer, grilling, fresh veggies from our own garden house, red wine, beautiful sunset...

AHHHH I think I'm going to go off and cry and have a major pout!

Just a weird aside about Atkins. For me, doing Atkins was like holding my breath. I think it would be MAJORLY easier in the US to do it. In Denmark, bread for breakfast and lunch, and potatoes for dinner are de rigour. If you aren't having those - then you are an unhealthy freak. You have to explain yourself a MILLION ways. And the whole low fat thing has been so ingrained that they can't realise that different things work for different people. And MOST danish people are not fat - so they think, just eat like me.... Well, um, since I came to Denmark, eating like you has helped me add about 25 kilos! But they don't get that... Oddly enough though - NOT EATING and just drinking shakes is TOTALLY acceptable - versus Atkins. How weird is that? I mean, if you are losing, why does your 'way' to lose matter to someone else? It's like the freaky thing where someone says to a host: "I have a dairy allergy." And then the host proceeds to serve them gravy with milk, or a dish with butter, or something - and then tells the person (who knows full well what their body can and cannot take): "Well a little dairy never hurt anyone - I'm sure this won't be a problem for you." Why are people so weird and freaked about fat and dairy???? Are we personally offending someone's livelihood or their image of grandma or something???

Anyway - that is my rant for the 1/2 day Thursday Sept 4. Thank you Diary for listening.... Maybe tomorrow I'll have something nicer to say!

P.S. I'm trying very hard to love me! Maybe loving me means being angry sometimes????

it does hon. loving yourself makes you angry at everyone else for not doing the damn same bloody thing. it makes you mad that although you know what's best for you other people think they know better, and after all, now that you are loving yourself you have your own best interests at heart for once and you just want to tell everyone to sod off!! that's what happened to me in any case. and i also started dreaming about low carbing, ha. you have lost a stone yourself hon, so don't fret. keep it up. if you are loving you then do what is best for you. and you know that, nobody else. so if you need to get mad, then get mad. then take stock, do what you think is right and don't forget to breathe :D

good luck hon. you'll manage just fine :)

abz xx

Hi Abz - Well, I've made it thru Day 25 with no cheating! Amazing as we've had some real turmoil going on here at the house. However, funny, it just feels like background noise.... Normally I would get very upset (underneath - not on the surface) about these things. But this week, ahhh well.

Having said that, our current helper for our son has quit on us (from one day to the next) but by a miracle - our older helper is coming back on the same day to start college and will work here part time! Things will work out if we only let them - and don't interfere! So this is a mixed blessing. I am THRILLED to have the old girl back though (well she's not old only 26 but 'old' as in our previous helper). She is my diet buddy! We lost together on Atkins so that is going to help me AlOT. Hubby is still following - amazingly. Actually I'm proud of him, he's done VERY well. He's designated this weekend a cheat weekend for him as we have guests.

I am contemplating (meaning giving myself approval if I really, really want to) to have a 1/2 steak, some fresh veggies from the garden house and 1 - 2 glasses of red wine. The fact that I've given myself approval to do this tonight has somehow made me NOT want to do it... How weird is that? But we'll see tonight when everyone is celebrating... If I DO eat it, then I'm doing it in a planned, controlled way and back to 'normal' (i.e. not eating) tomorrow.

ABZ How did your night out with your friend go? When does holiday start? Weather is still holding out here.... Let's hope it keeps it up!

OK, off to walk then have some breakfast.

OH, the weight lifting this week has only happened once. :( I just couldn't fit it in what with people coming and going. However, I've managed my walking and pilates and actually did an hour's worth of gardening so I'm not going to be too hard on myself!

Good week - well, it feels that way today anyway. Let's see how tomorrow goes. The last few weeks Sunday has been a 'bummer' day.... Let's hope for a MAJOR change this week!

:wave_cry:

Hi Kacey

Glad to hear you're feeling on top of stuff and things have fallen into place with your helper - funny thing fate!

If you are really struggling with wanting to eat do you want the list of allowed foods for W8. Every fourth week we add a meal every day from a strict list and it really helps. On the regular plan you add a meal every day and the losses are virtually the same as the rapid plan. It means if you have special occasions, or just fancy something you know you can choose stuff from the list and it wont affect your losses. It also means you can eat and it isnt cheating, just part and parcel of the plan. It has kept me sane!

3oz lean protein
Chicken Breast - no skin
Turkey
White fish
Salmon
Cottage cheese
Tofu
Quorn
1 egg
Prawns
3 slices back bacon - rindless

Unlimited green veg/salad including the following
Asparagus
Pak choi
Lettuce
Cabbage
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Courgette
Cucumber
Radishes - I eat them instead of sweets now!!!

I think the list is similar for the CD plans Abz is following too - generally white meat/fish and green veg. Low-fat low carb.

Just a thought hun - if you are going to eat then choosing something from this list would probably be better than a big fat steak and wine!! And then you wouldn't knock yourself out of ketosis because if you are struggling a bit now - trying to start again from scratch onthe old ketosis front can be a nightmare.

I really think you'd get on with W8 have you had any luck with Lucy getting you more info/sorting out packs?

Good luck with whatever you decide - but personally I'd go for chicken/fish and stick to water!! I told my friends I was dieting and that made it easier to stick to - as they stopped pressuring me to drink- but you could just say your on antibiotics/painkillers or something to explain the lack of alcohol!!!

Hugs

Carol x

Back