Kale catastrophy

helanrob

OMG.....just checked my 'allowed' list from s&s, and just discovered curly kale is not included.......wouldn't mind but I've eaten 200g at a time at least 3 times in past week.
I've not weighed myself this week (WI on Monday's), but I'm adamant I've not lost any weight, as I don't feel any lighter.

Probably an over reaction I know. But could this have knocked me out of ketosis? I thought I'd done so well in past 10 days, supposedly following it 100%. I'l be gutted if this is a set back so early in my journey :-((

Does kale not come under spring greens?

Go on calorie counter website. It will tell you carbs n calls for ur portion. Xx

Don't worry I'm sure it won't make any difference, I've been having tesco diet coke and no added sugar squash and I've lost 24lb in 7weeks. Still not sure if ketosis speeds up the actual weight loss or just helps because it suppresses ur appetite. Just keep going
x

kale is a member of the brassica family, same as brocolli.

its a spring green/cabbage. its fine to have. i LOVE Kale. Look up Kale chips recipes online. NOM!

mytimetoshine said:
Does kale not come under spring greens?

Go on calorie counter website. It will tell you carbs n calls for ur portion. Xx

Are spring greens allowed? Thought it was just white cabbage?

Welshtigger said:
Are spring greens allowed? Thought it was just white cabbage?

I would email s&s and see what they say!

But I suspect not wouldn't they put it down on the sheet ? :-S x

Spring greens are on the latest sheet :)

Just look up the carbs per 100g and if about the same as the veggies on the S&S list then it should be fine to have.

RebekahR said:
Spring greens are on the latest sheet :)

That's good to know :) altho is it definitely spring greens not spring onions? (not being rude, just that I read it as that the first time)

You got me wondering now LOL
Perhaps it is onions

I just plug them into mfp, greens normally fine on keto or low carb diets.

Will drop rob an email!

Nutritional info
20 cal, 1.6g carbs - 3.4 fibre. For 100g

Looks ok to me :)

Great.....thank you so much for all your replies :)

200g of curly kale is an absolutely massive portion. I well and truly feel full after a plate of that. Xx

i ate carrots in my first week without realizing and lost 10lb haha and was well into ketosis i think it might be different for everyone, i love carrots and there easy to cook nom

Back