Kandy gastric bypass diary before and after(ish) piccies!

Thinking about you Julie,

Hope you arrived safely and all your pre op tests are going welll......

nas xxx

Thinking of you Julie....

It should all be done now......

I think if im not wrong you should be in ICU today!!!

:) Hugs Nas x

(((Hugs))) Can't wait for an update xxx

Morning All.

Just a quick update really.

Julie is absolutely fine and should be back on Thursday this week.

Mike

You are in my prayers Julie love:D

Oh that is good news Mike. Thanks for letting us know.

Sending love and best wishes to you Julie and hope to "hear" from you soon xxxx

Back home

Hi all,
Firstly thanks for all the kind messages from you its lovely to know you were all thinking of me .:D

Well horrific journey there and back 12 hours there 11 hours back came home on wednesay as passed as fit to travel thank god so lovely to be home :D

Day one:-
Went into hospital friday morning 9am got into my room very nice modern clean tidy, hospital staff very hygenic all good.
Measured up and brought my sexy surgicals and a gown, told my op was 4pm, cool i thought then a nurse rushed in and said sorry you have to go now 2 mins hurry :eek: ! No time to panic !

Wheeled me in stroked my arm then speared me with a syringe as long as ya like :eek: then doof i was knocked out hurrah!

Woke up and felt groggy then realised i couldnt breathe panic set in and i ripped out my drip and other tubes they stabbed me in the leg with the big syringe again and put me on the breathey machine . wheeled back to my room and slept most of the day that night i was awoken by the surgeon who had come to explain about the complications during my surgery WTF :eek:!!!!!!!!!
To Be Continued x

Well seems they couldnt inflate my abdomen as much as needed as i have an abnormaly small abdomen . You are pure fat the surgeon says :sigh: i know i say why do you think i am hear ? durrrr !!!!!!!!
He said he has never seen an abdomen so tiny and he had to operate in less than a 1 inch cavity :confused: .
This is why i couldnt breathe because they kept me under a lot longer and i suffered with raised blood pressure and temperature for a couple of days even had to be swaddled in ice bags for the evening sunday :cry:.

First 2 days totally regretted having it done felt very depressed (anasthetic i am told) and wanted to be at home face down in a chinese :D

Still good to go monday afternoon after eating my white slop green slop then cream slop that i am guessing was once fish !
Got my bag of syringes/ tablets / dressings/ etc
Back to the hotel where i discovered the agony of pressure spots on me bottom :eek: OUCH !

Was a little awkward couldnt lay down because breathing wasnt strong enough . Couldn't sit down poorly botty . Couldn't stand because poorly belly hmph .

Alternating the three every 2/3 minutes did the trick :rolleyes:.
Nurse came on Tuesday passed me to come home wednesday so bought new tickets and came home yey !:D

Bluddy hell fire, Julie!!!! I'm so sorry that you had complications but great news you're back home - and 18lbs - blimey!!

Get well soon, babes!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wow 18lbs
wishing you every success for the future
fingers crossed you continue to feel better each day

and well done for even having it done i am to scared to

kaz:D

You're back!!!! Hurray! You sound great and 18lbs gone already! Wow that is just amazing, looking forward to hearing all about your progress!

Oh and by the way, told you you'd be ok!!!!! Tee Hee!!

Lots of love

Back