Kandy gastric bypass diary before and after(ish) piccies!

Hiya hunnybunch ,
I am swell (literally) lol not for much longer though.
Feeling excited now even packed some stuff ! Written a list of things i need and feel calm and happy .
The building work on the house still isn't finished so he will still be smashing holes in things after i have left wednesday morn.
If that wasnt enough the new windows and doors will be put in after i get home so rest and recuperation will be sparse i think, but i will live, just can't wait to have it done now.

I have been talking to a lady on another forum and she is having her op same day as me same surgeon she lives in london. we are booked into the same hotel so we are meeting up when we get there, we will ask if they will let us share a room in the clinic when we have the op because the rooms are double. I feel better knowing everyone isnt a complete stranger . Also my Mum will be able to talk to her hubby he is a little nervous too so its great for everyone. Unless we all hate each other on sight hahaha lol .
Actually hadn't thought about that :sigh: :rolleyes:.

Hope your well and being a good DQ :D. Do you attend any of the meets ? would be great to thank you in person for all your support :D.
Lotsa love Julie xxx

Last edited:
Good luck with it. Just a thought but it wouldn't hurt to contact the clinic ASAP about your room sharing hopes :)

Good luck with it. Just a thought but it wouldn't hurt to contact the clinic ASAP about your room sharing hopes :)

Hiya C.O.A.M,

Nice of you to stop by, great idea too . I am gonna reel of a quick e-mail to them can't hurt can it ! :)
Thanks for that !

Hope your okay m8 .
take care luv Julie xxx

Hope your well and being a good DQ :D. Do you attend any of the meets ? would be great to thank you in person for all your support :D.
Lotsa love Julie xxx

Ahhh, honey, just seeing you being happy is thanks enough!! Not been able to get to any of the meet ups recently, but would really like a chance :)

Hi Julie, good to hear you sounding more positive and upbeat - well done on getting some packing done! Sounds great that you may have made a friend already before you have even got there.

Really wishing you well Sweetie Pie and can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Lots of love

Hi Julie, good to hear you sounding more positive and upbeat - well done on getting some packing done! Sounds great that you may have made a friend already before you have even got there.

Really wishing you well Sweetie Pie and can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Lots of love

Hiya Barb,
Hope your okay my lovely . Yes definitely over my insanity now when i re-read my diary it sounds quite nuts lol :D

Itching to get there and get done lol :D

It has definitely been a help to know there is someone there i will be able to share the experience with she seems really nice too .

Thanks for all your support, your a peach
lotsa luv Julie xx

OoOOooO only 4 sleeps before you go!!!!

Good luck! which day do you actually have the op??

nas x

Hiya Nas,
I go to Belgium wednesday, blood tests and meet with dietician thursday morn , Eat myself stoopid thursday afternoon (only kidding ) then in 7am friday morn and should have the chop by 12pm latest .

Intensive care saturday and drain out sunday tests monday mornin' if i pass, then back in hotel by mon afternoon . Back in clinic following wednesday stitches done / dressings etc . Leave thursday 1st Nov home by 8pm .

Can't wait crazy moi ??? lol

Take care luv Julie xxx

Gosh sounds very busy!!!
Hi Julie!

so do you get any help in the hotel???

will be thinking of you... but you seemed to have looked into it all quite a lot and seem on the ball from your thread... i know the food has been a bit of an issue for you these past couple of weeks, but its the same for us all or we wouldnt be here would we!!!

love nas x

Gosh sounds very busy!!!
Hi Julie!

so do you get any help in the hotel???

will be thinking of you... but you seemed to have looked into it all quite a lot and seem on the ball from your thread... i know the food has been a bit of an issue for you these past couple of weeks, but its the same for us all or we wouldnt be here would we!!!

love nas x

Hi Nas,

There are nurses on call to you throughout your stay they are available to come to your hotel and you have a guide from the clinic oversee your stay at the hotel .

My mum is coming with me as hubby is a bit unsure about the whole thing and has to be here for the kids .
Mum will stay at the hotel while i am in the clinic but she is really cool about it .
She knows i have had a nightmare couple of years because of my weight.

I am looking forward to feeling healthier and being able to do more with my girls i really noticed a difference when i lost weight last time with CD so i will make the most of it this time .

Take care hun Luv Julie xxx

Well late to bed early to rise, now ready for bed again :argh:lol

Must shake my a*se into gear, things i need to get and i am sure there will be an onslaught of concerned relatives today who think i am not coming home after the bypass i will look out to see if they are eyeing up my belongings ( makesure they aren't labelling my ornaments lol )

Need to prep myself for those gems we all love:-
1, Your not that fat :rolleyes:
2, We love you as you are ;)
3, (my personal fave) If you dressed differently and cut your hair in another style it would knock 5 stone off you :D (never happened yet)
4, You could end up with loads of complications (bit like being fat then)
5, Think of the children ( hmmm dont do stuff with them now when i lost weight did loadsa stuff with them)
6, You won't be the same person (thank f**k for that then):D

I am sure i will think of more but i need to see to the girls !
Back later xxx

pmsl... Kandy!!!!

My bmi wasnt even 25 wen i got to goal... just above.... and people are like..

you loook sooo ill

dont you think you've overdone it!

it's good you lost the weight but it doesnt suit you, were so used to seeing you fat all your life.

some people suit being fat, your one of them!!!!!

Well I agree Kandy, since losing weight i can do so much easier, and i love the tiem with my girls... in parks, walking, on the floor playing!!!!

Good Luck with the fam!!!!

love Nas x

Oh Julie, that is classic stuff. Sometimes people don't even know when they are talking rubbish, do they? How can life possibly be better fat rather than slim? Its what they call a 'no brainer' I think!

You are going to have the good life; slim and fit and happy!

Go Julie, Go Julie, Go Julie!!!!!

Love

Oh Julie, that is classic stuff. Sometimes people don't even know when they are talking rubbish, do they? How can life possibly be better fat rather than slim? Its what they call a 'no brainer' I think!

You are going to have the good life; slim and fit and happy!

Go Julie, Go Julie, Go Julie!!!!!

Love

Hellooooo Barb,
Hope your ok and still feeling positive :D

They make me laugh i have had a few visits and all the comments rolled out at least twice no stickers on my ornaments but a few requests for clothing lol :D

When i loose weight they are welcome to every last thread :p

Thanks for stopping by hope your having a lovely sunday !
lotsa luv Julie xxx

Hello sweetie

Not long now and you are sounding good and organised. Mind you I would be the same. I would be especially eager if it was a trip to completely change my life (even though there is always that sense of trepidation!).

Looking forward to your updates this week before you go xxx

Thinking of you Julie love;)

Back