Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

Had a bit of a piggy evening yesterday - went over my points but not over my carbs. Need to pull it back in today though. Going to my friend's for wine and chinese later so going to have mushroom foo yung.

Have a great time at your friends hunni x

Hi guys. Fell off the wagon ever so slightly last night - had a few chips and some egg fried rice (and a chocolate biscuit).

But I'm back on track today. Making quorn beef with mushrooms in a red wine sauce with mashed swede for dinner tonight :D

hey Aunty Kazza, just popping in to warn you and OH off the white hot chocolate options - tastes like slightly sweet, warm but not warmed (like its been left out of the fridge) milk.. not nice at all!

Well all is well and truly in train for the wedding; my saree is at the dressmaker being altered, my cake is ordered (2 layers, one vanilla sponge one coffee sponge with ivory icing with ivory, gold and deep red sugar flowers) and I have something old, new, borrowed etc.

My hair, on the other hand, is giving me nightmares! I'm liking the short red hair (shorter now than in my avatar pic) but I just don't feel short hair goes with the saree and I don't know what to do! I thought it might have grown out a bit by now and I was going to put it up with a clip on hair piece. I can't manage extensions on the boat as they are too high maintainance and Keith actually really likes my hair short and doesn't want me to grow it out anyway.

Aaaargh! I'm going to go and talk to a hairdresser and see what s/he suggests.

I think I'm stuck on the image of indian women with long dark wavy hair in their sarees and I just can't begin to imagine what short hair would look like.

well all i can say is that a friend of mine got married in a saree with a really short bob and she looked lovely, but i agree have a chat with your hairdresser sure she (he?) will have ideas-did you not say before that you were considering a wig or hair piece?

Hi hun

Glad to see all is on track - have you googled for wedding pics in sari for ideas - not sure if i read you were doing the veil thing - had plenty of vino so sorry bout that - what about a gem hanging down on forehead - cant think what they are called - going to have a look and see but think it would dress up short hair with the ethnic kick to it??

Yes, I have a tikka which I was going to wear. I also have my friends tiara which matches the saree so could wear either. I thought I'd take them both to the hairdressers and see.

Jane, I was going to wear a hair piece but I look ridiculous in it and it's not very comfortable. Plus, Keith likes my hair either short or up so he can see the back of my neck (perv, I know) and I want to look lovely for him.

You have me on a mission now lol!!!!

Google hindu wedding pictures, Elizabeth Hurley wedding pics (it helped and im a sucker for celeb weddings!) , there were quite a few different variations come up - some were stunning. Am sure if you have a look there would be something you and a hairdresser could come up with - hope it helps xx

karen, keiths not the only perv-ian is the same likes to be able to nibble!!.
good idea to take stuff to the hairdressers they will sort you out.

of course you want to look lovely for him and i'm sure you will.

i had to sort out style with 2 different hairdressers-1 in scotland for actual wedding and 1 back here for the reception we had and it all workd out ok

Wear it as you're most comfortable with. If you're used to short hair, hair extensions may make you feel uncomfortable, especially if oh prefers short hair. Also, I know you should look how you want to look, on your wedding day you want to please your husband. See what hairdresser says but go with your instinct.
Have a good day.
Karen x

Now then calm down Karen, you will look just fine with short hair. If thats what Keith prefers he will love a short do. The wives of the 5 asian docs all have long hair but often have it in a bun type thingy so no different from short.

You are going to look really beautiful just relax and enjoy it young lady.

M

Back