Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

Yay, well done :)

Going to be low-carbing as of tomorrow (eek) so wish me luck :)

Doubt I'll manage to stick to my points though :eek:
At least, not at first :p

xx

Well done hun thats brilliant x

Good luck with l/c Jenni. I went out for valentine's day dinner last night and blew it (both carbs and points-wise) and struggling to get back on the horse now. *kicks self up the bum*

On a more exciting note, we went to look at a flat today. It's been so cold this winter that we're not really enjoying the boat and we bought it to enjoy. Had a google just to see what it would cost to get a little flat just to spend the winters in so we could really enjoy summers on the boat and found a really really nice (but tiny) flat for sale for £65k! Couldn't get hold of estate agent to get to look inside but had a really good snoop around the grounds. It's a converted house, rather than purpose-built but looks like it has been well done. I think they'll struggle to sell it as it's a young person's flat really - up two flights of stairs and only one very tiny bedroom. But it's not anywhere near the uni or town so you wouldn't get a young person or a buy-to-letter interested I don't think.

We're going to try and have a look inside tomorrow evening and maybe make a silly offer. Then we'll be all "oh yes dahling, we spend summers on the boat but we have a pied a terre in town" :rotflmao:

aww wow that sounds fantastic Karen :) hope you like what you find inside! xxx

Thanks. I'm not supposed to be telling anyone about it as Keith doesn't want me getting my hopes up - but we've already named it WidgyFlat :D

Wow - sounds perfect!!

Been awol and catching up - well done on 1lb off!!!

Just a reminder - you have a wedding to attend in 3 weeks so may be advisable to get back on that horse pronto!!!!!

Glad you ve had a fab wekkend hun xx

sounds lovely hunni, hope you get to see it soon.xx

Hey hey - well done on loss... I am struggling to keep up with all the diaries! But living in a flat in winter seems a good idea... I'm not too great with cold, nor the heat for that matter... us redheads eh?

Let us all know how it goes... Me and OH are house hunting atm... tres difficile. :( x

Sounds exciting and a bargain - let us know how you get on!!

Aww Karen, all sounds very exciting - fingers and toes crossed for you - keep us posted!

Wow, how exciting. I hope all goes well for you. I have everything crossed xxx

have you seen inside it yet?! :D xxx

Hi all. Sorry have been awol for a few days - have not been sticking to diet at all - busy with wedding, house hunting, work etc etc etc. I'm knackered and eating crap as a result.

Widgy Flat was already under offer :(

BUT... today we have been to look at Widgy House which is up for the same price. Needs a new bath as only has a shower but there's room to put a small bath in. I HATE the kitchen - it's quite new but has been appallingly designed i.e. no room for a cooker, the previous person just used a microwave! So would need to have that redone as well but the house itself is adorable. Keith suggests we offer them £60k and see what they say - the house is empty and they've had nothing but silly offers so far apparently. Probably because of the kitchen.

It really is the widgiest little house I have ever seen - only one bedroom and a tiny kitchen and bathroom but it's quite unusual and the lounge is a good size so could fit a little table and chairs in (don't like eating off my knees) and a sofa bed so we could have guests over.

Will let you know if our offer is accepted.

Back