Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

congratulations on weightloss

Well done on the 3lbs that's great - Are you still on the Core plan?

yay Karen thats great stuff:) ... bet your really pleased! .. Have a fab week hun xxx

I'm chuffed to little apples! I'm doing a variation of Core but being more strict on some days than others to keep my metabolism on its toes.

Had a lovely weekend thanks Gemma, how was yours? We went to have a look at another mooring and put our name down on their waiting list as it's nicer than where we are and closer to work.

Had a dream about my wedding last night. I dreamed it was the day before and I still hadn't bought a dress. I want to wait till after Christmas before I get one and I know that's cutting it a bit fine so that's probably why I dreamed it. Mind you, I also dreamed the caterers mucked up the reception and we all had chinese takeaway instead. Keith said he would like that as he wants the whole thing to be as informal as possible anyway - he hates being the centre of attention.

Well done on the 3lb loss! You must be really chuffed!
The summers coming to an end so no excuses for us anymore - well until the xmas parties start creeping up on us! Heehee.
How have you been?? Haven't been on here for 4 weeks... been a bad bad girl... only 1lb since last WI though but I've been yo-yoing since then!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm fine hun - wondered where you had got to! 1lb on is good if you've been off the rails a bit. It's getting back on the rails that can be a bit of a pain, isn't it?

I've been on ebay and bought a tape measure so I can keep track that way as well x

We went to have a look at another mooring and put our name down on their waiting list as it's nicer than where we are and closer to work.

Well done for the loss chick!

My Nan and Grandad (who i live with) have a share in a Narrowboat and they often go on it. I've been a couple of times and i must say, a boat is the ideal place! It's so peaceful and quiet and calming! I would love to live on one! It was such a detox and i felt refreshed after just a week! x

It's a great lifestyle although you do have to get used to some of the differences. No central heating and limited storage for a kick off! We had no hot water when we first moved aboard but HI's mum paid for us to have a hot water tank and immersion heater fitted so we have hot water if we are plugged into mains electricity (i.e. when we are moored up) which has been a bonus.

It's a great lifestyle although you do have to get used to some of the differences. No central heating and limited storage for a kick off! We had no hot water when we first moved aboard but HI's mum paid for us to have a hot water tank and immersion heater fitted so we have hot water if we are plugged into mains electricity (i.e. when we are moored up) which has been a bonus.

Do you moor somewhere permanently or do you move on alot? Some places the country is just LOVELY! It is so clean and such a nice change from a busy town/city! I couldnt imagine not having heating though as i am quite a cold person! Oh and i think the space would get to me! x

Thanks Sandy. Not sure this week will be very successful! Was my friends leaving do from work and we went out for a long boozy lunch. I've had two cherry martinis, a chocolate mint martini and a kahlua and baileys shot. Oh, and a burger and chips and rum and raisin ice cream.

I'm quite full up! Oh well, back on the wagon tomorrow. Wish my WI was more than 2 days away though!

Emma, we have a permanent mooring at the moment as we both work so need to be in one place for that but will go continuous cruising one day when we can afford to - might take a year's sabbatical once my son is more settled on his own. Def will travel once we retire but that's a while away yet. In the meantime, we are in a quite secluded patch on the edge of a small town and get to cruise up and down river on weekends and hols which is nice.

Well, I hadn't expected a loss this week but another 2lbs gone! That's my first stone off - hooray! I'm going to be extra good this week and see if I can get a bit more off before I inflict my swimsuit on the public next week on hols :D

Well, I hadn't expected a loss this week but another 2lbs gone! That's my first stone off - hooray! I'm going to be extra good this week and see if I can get a bit more off before I inflict my swimsuit on the public next week on hols :D

Well done you! thats fab! Congrats on the stone too!!! And the mooring sounds just lovely! x

Well done Karen that's great! core is obviously working well for you!

I'm jealous of you living on a boat - it's something i've always fancied!

Back