Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

Well done - keep up the good work!!

CJ
x

Well done on your great weightloss

Well done that brilliant x

Thanks all. I've seen a lovely dress in Monsoon and it's my friend's 50th in 9 weeks so I'm hoping it will a) still be there then and b) fit me in a smaller size. I'm tempted to buy it now and try to slim into it but I've been there and done that and given lots of too tight stuff to charity shops so I'll wait and hope :)

delighted for ya hunni thats a brill loss xx

Yay. Well done. Don't you just love those weigh ins??? I'm sure you will slim down for that dress and you will look fab for it. Great progress on your Christmas challenge too.

Fingers crossed for this week x

Well, I'm not sure it's deserved but, with a herculean last-minute pulling in of the horns ha ha, I have lost another 2lbs this week. Just off to update me ticker :)

Well done! Yay for you!!!! xx

Thanks Emma. Hopefully won't be paying for it this week as I didn't really deserve it.

Maybe it wasnt as bad as you thought:) We'll have our fingers crossed for the next week's WI (not that you will need it of course):Dx

So, here I am, making good progress on the old weight loss and starting to think about my wedding dress (as you will see from the ticker, the big event is at the beginning of March next year).

So, apart from the whole do I buy it now and if so what size etc etc dilemma...

I've had all my hair chopped off (some of you may remember me mentioning this - it was in response to an image crisis following someone sending me a load of photos).

I do like my new hair - I've gone from long dark brown hair to short, spiky and kind of punky in copper red colour (yes, I know I promised a photo - I'll try and get one).

Anyway, my dilemma is this. What sort of dress to go for now that my image has changed so much. I don't think this sort of cropped spiky look goes with a traditional dress, plus I'm 44 and it's not a church wedding so I don't think I want traditional anyway.

Any ideas for a funky but feminine wedding dress?

My god hun you were brave going from long brown hair to spiky red! I thought I was brave going from blonde to brown!

What kind of dress do you want? Do you want a traditional ivory / white or a colour??

xx

Hey hun, my aunty had a hotel wedding and said she didnt feel right in a puffy traditional dress. So she went with this STUNNING outfit. It was a 2 piece trousers and top, bought from a bridal shop in ivory. The trousers were wide legged and had sorta slits a little way up the leg so you could see her stunning shoes, and the body bit of her top matched the material of the trousers, with sorta see-through mesh type arms (also ivory but semi-transparent), and were really floaty. It was beautiful, classy, fitting the occasion, and everyone agreed she looked amazing!

xx

I was wondering about trousers and a top, or a dress with trousers underneath - I do wear a lot of that sort of thing already.

i don't necessarily feel the need to stick with white or ivory. i was going to wear a sari but i just don't think it goes with my image no i've changed my hair.

Oooh, decisions! :D

I'm sorry, I'm useless at ideas :eek:
I'm definitely a huge white sparkly dress kinda girl :D so I'm not much use :p

I'm sure you'll look fab no matter what you wear :D

x

ye i agree when u see the right one ul no straight away...oh and i want a piccie haha well done ur very brave!! bet its really cool looking! x

I used to work in a bridal shop whilst i was in college and i used to have the same hair style as you have described (although i have my long locks back now!)

I modelled (in my size 10 days)this dress think it was by Tamsin Michael, it was a beautiful ivory gown, and it came with this beautiful bolero-type jacket with a high collar which looked so funky with my short spikey hair...

also theres another type i think its by the same designer where it comes with an ivory choker..it sounds wierd but really works well with short hair....i actually LOVED this look and think if i did get married in the future i would probably go for it!

Hope thats some help for you!

I would personally go for a really smart trouser suit or a long straight tight fitting gown with a lace bolero, have a good look around and try on loads of styles you'll get a feel for whats right and whats not

Back