Karen's A Culinary Adventure~~Cruise

The Cockatoo.. She has lived with us for almost 25yrs. Lets just say she like to eat. I actually add more egg and a dab of everything else for her portion. She can eat a whole egg by herself. If she sees a Pizza box strolling into the house, she is off her cage and makes a bee-line to the kitchen. One of her favorite junk foods. I'm with all of you ..on food, but the Hus know now..."you take the large one" especially on PP days.
Opened the morning at 162

Last edited:
Ok...put that athletic shoe on and off I went... So far so good. The foot thing has really stalled weight loss and reduced my energy levels tremendously. Their is a magic in the Dukan way, that is why it is so important to stick to the basic premise of the program. For the last week I've had no energy period...
Hopefully by next week we will see the scales start moving again.

Great news karen, hopefully your energy levels will rise now with the increased exercise

Even through the foot thing I still lost some weight. But what I like is the "trending" factor as we refer to it around our house. My daily start weight and during the day median weight & night time weight are all trending southward. This is very very good news. So that tells us that my body is becoming stable with the weight as it slowly comes off. And from what I have read that is the way to do it. Our scale is a digital one, the first 161 was 161.7 ok... This am and yesterday that number 161.1 both days, weird but good. That is trending. so I can comfortably feel this week I am stable at a 10lb loss.

Thank You both for the kind support during the foot issue & and all the encouragement :):):)

Some days it feels like I'm in the abyss of weight loss, I'm tall and my bone structure & body type allows me to carry more weight than I look like I carry. When I tell people what I weight they are shocked. I have a lot of toned muscle weight and to some it looks lean. But without a doubt I have a lot of fat on the body. My middle area is not bulging just "thick" and the girls have carried a lot of weight also. It is like take every area and rip off a 2-3" and things will be good. So sorry to ramble but hopefully later on this will be helpful for this girl.

Kind of a sad day, I have kept aquariums since the 1970's salt & fresh. I've become friends with the owners of a Local Fish Store, they are very knowledgeable and honest people. I have known for some time this day was coming, well today was it they sold their store. Tomorrow they relinquish the keys. With all the Big Box stores the genuineness of a locally owned business is becoming an anomaly in America. They will be missed. One of the owners took me into their office and offered up hand made truffles....and I did in the spirit of the day had a sinfully dark chocolate one....and I have no regrets.

As someone who does their best to support small local businesses (who often have better products and service, in any case), I share your sorrow in learning that a favourite shop has closed down. I hate to see identical high streets and shopping centres which are lined with exactly the same shops in every single town and city.

Under the circumstances, I can understand your naughtiness regarding the truffle.

Where do I begin......

My husband & I were out for dinner had a few bites of his clams and within an hour unbeknown to me was in a full anaphylaxis state. Both of us ordered grilled catfish and grilled zucchini. I have an on and off allergy to shellfish that has only manifested itself with causing cysts and facial breakouts. It appears that allergy has escalated to a new level.

It appears their are 2 types of this type of reaction, mine is the closing of the throat.
So following my Dr's direction he wants me to let family and friends know that if I should begin to experience this reaction immediately hit me with my EpiPen that I will be carrying from this point on. As he said each event is different and time is of the essence with this sort of thing. This was an incredibly scary event. I did not know what was going on and started taking Benadryl, that was a good thing. Shellfish is added to so many things, it is easily ingested. I absolutely love...Shrimp & Lobster....

oh karen, that sounds horrible! am glad you're ok, and it's good you'll be prepared in the future with the epi pen, but bad news about having to avoid shellfish now :(

How frightening Karen...

Wow Karen, only just catching up. What a lucky outcome but frightening indeed. Yes I know someone who carries and epipen (or several, nearly one for each handbag in fact). She also wears a tag bracelet - sounds OTT but you never know (in her case it's insect stings)

Glad you're okay and have a good day!

Very rarely would or could one want to make this kind of statement....but it is truly a miracle that I'm alive. Most with this type of reaction don't get a lot of second chances. Body has been weak almost like you have been in a car wreck but not hurt. Drained best describes it but getter better by the day, but interestingly very slowly. Really strange.

Great idea to get several pins..makes a lot sense. With our heat here we are working on how to best to carry it in our heat and keep it cool. The beast is at the door, you can feel the heat starting to creep up. All we can hope is it is July before the 100's start.

Moving on..
That trending thing is the only way that I really know I'm losing weight. The last few nights I've weighed 161, so that means the body in trending and is comfortable. Looking forward to the 150"s

Again Thank You for all the thoughts:):):):):)

Back