Karens Herbalife Diary- bad penny returns :D

Hi Karen

Couldn't live or do CD without my Kenwood Frothie Maker either - it makes the drinks really creamy and obviously frothie too..... yummers......:D

BTW you can also make 'normal' hot choc, milkshakes (cold), latte's etc with it so can be used by the whole family - good investment in my book.....:D

Can get them from Argos/Tesco etc for around £30..... and when I'm being a good girl and following the plan properly I have my drinks this way and I've loads of energy too....

thanks mich. had no idea so many people reads my drivvel LOL.

i will have to buy shares in prozak if u lot keep this up. hehe!

i have decided to take the plunge into herbalife after having a long chat with herbalife friends and my hubby. i couldnt face going to the gym with hubby tonight and its kinda the last straw. I am sick of having no energy and feeling awful all the time. will definately be buying a smoothie blender tomorrow so thanks for the brill tips.

of course, I have told hubby that if herbalife is rubbish, i will be returning to CD. after all the hassle he has given me, I wanted to make sure he knows that i have not decided against CD because of his say so...moe that I am willing to give it a try and a forewarning not to hassle me if it happens. hes confident enuff of herbalife to agree to what i have said so for now all is good.

have to admit there is a huge upside to think i can start to eat with my kids again. also doing the same plan as kevin will be nice. i love us going to the gym together as well but havent been able to do that properly for a while.

will see how it all goes. I wont be starting herbalife until april as I am skint and still have CD packs left so will finish those first.

apparently the weight loss for herbalife is meant to be about 1 stone per month so I hope thats the case. then i wont feel i have slowed myself down!

fingers crossed!!

Hey Karen I bet you feel much better now you have made the choice, the uncertainty doesnt help.
Did you go for your weigh in last night......how did it go?????

It's good that you've made a decision and know where you're going, and like you say will be nice to be doing the same as kevin and eating with your kids. At least you know that CD works and can always come back to it if Herbalife doesn't work for you.

It's strange that you have so little energy on CD, most people have the total opposite. I wonder if it's because you're adding boiling water to your packs which is destroying the vits - be interesting to see if the smoothie maker which doesn't boil the water, makes a difference, but it is usually one of the lovely side effects of ketosis that gives you all the energy. Sounds like you've been really unlucky on that count Karen and there is nothing worse than being tired and drained all the time, you can't do that day-in, day-out.

Just make sure you stay focussed on your CD for the next few weeks, don't fall into the trap of thinking you're starting a "new diet" soon and that "last supper" syndrome, you don't want to put loads back on before you even start Herbalife. It's easily done so not lecturing you, just some advice cos I care :p (and I know what I'm like!!!)

Have a good day

x

lol....no theres no "last supper syndrome" happening here. you are totally right...i need to lose the weight and gaining a bit before next plan would be silly. i think i am boiling all the goodness out of my packs. have had a cold shake this morning and the taste is no problem. i love all the soups and shakes with CD (except spicy tomato...blech!!) but i do prefer everything hot as i am so ruddy cold with ketosis all the time lol

so far i have done charlie brooks DVD this morning (the ONLY benefit of being woken by hubby getting up for work at 5.30am!). ive also been listening to "i can make you thin" paul mckenna thingy in bed for last few nights. the only problem being that every night i now dream about paul. i think i prefered the dreams i had of sitting down and eating magnums with an old school friend but i guess its all progress :sigh:

i think his tapes are really working for me in the sense that i am more happy with myself and where i am going. before i would have really beaten myself up about not sticking with first plan and i would use it as a way to punish myself. i have been listening to various downloads now. make u thin/instant confidence/change ur life in 7 days and they r all really good.

for once in my life its like i just KNOW i am going to lose weight. i know i wont settle for only being less than i want to be. i dont need to as i know i am only doing things well within my grasp. i really recommend the hypnosis. after continuous listening each night u definately start to feel different. hubby has put 2 "quit smoking" hypno things on my player so i guess he is trying to push me for that (AGAIN). Once i have the weight/confidence ones committed to memory i will do the stop smoking ones. will be LOVELY to be slim and non-smoking.

feeling better for having made my decisions. kinda didnt want to be a quitter with CD but i feel happier knowing i have left the door well and truely open on that score and there are obvious advantages with the family for doing herbalife.

i didnt go to weigh in lastnight as hubby went out straight from work. he didnt realise i would still want to see Jo...just assumed i was "done with it all" so he went for a drink after work then did 2 hours at the gym. he usually only manages an hour but had a sample of herbalife liftoff stuff and that seemed to spur him into doing more exercise. i did weigh on my scales though and have lost 10lbs. glad to put my pub lunch behind me rather than on my behind! couldnt get online due to laptop meltdown to get CDCs phone number off the cambridge site so will have to ring her this evening to tell her i am defecting.

if the weather holds i will go for a walk with sonkie today (if u r up for it) and will try the ym tonight as well. I am really tired already but have taken extra vits and hope it helps boost me later.

WOOOHOOO you are online again, I have all my drinks cold, but it is hard especially with the cold snap at the minute, I always have a mug of black tea waiting to warm me up......
Ian is at the chemist .......:eek: :eek: :eek:

u dont mean hyde park chemist, do you???

OMG LOL

he is gonna be more unbareable to live with then usual!!!

u dont mean hyde park chemist, do you???

OMG LOL

he is gonna be more unbareable to live with then usual!!!

Yes I do.....and he was mega moody before he went out the door......at least he will know how hard it is.....He has been stuffing the bread etc over the weekend so I told him he will have mega headaches if he dont cut them out....lol.

hi Karen,
good luck with the herbalife, i tried it about 20yrs ago & it made me gag, i'm sure it has improved now tho, my mum did CD along time ago & it made her sick but thats lush now.
xx:)

lol...yeah i remember my sister sitting at the kitchen table in the 80s staring suicidally into a Cambridge diet asparagus soup LOL

i did get to have tasters of everything yesterday but only tiny sips as i have ketosis to think about lol. enjoyed green tea. sounds wayyyyy too healthy for my lifestyle BUT it WILL now be my lifestyle :D :D :D

oh i just thought, sorry if that came across as being really negative, that wasn't my intention at all.
at least your friend was good enough to let you have a taste b4 you start.
good luck to you & Kevin
xx:)

no pandora...didnt sound negative at all. made me laugh thinking about sister. she has tried my CD stuff now and demands to know why they didnt make it like that when she tried it so many moons ago hehe!

i guess it takes a good 20 yrs or so to get it right, eh? i may hate it and come running back to CD. Afterall...shakes r way better than obesity and heart desease!

hey Karen
well that was a tough decision to make huh, but bet you feel better in the making of it!!
i dont know anything about herbalife so i am gonna go google it so i know what you are gonna be doing, is it vlcd or more like 1000 cal, hope you will not be disapearing from here you can still keep up a diary on hl cant u ?
glad you will be doing this with kevin , i think that may just be a big motivator for you and not make u feel isolated,not being nosey....ohh ok i am being nosey lol does kevin have much to loose? i think actually that a man who sees my cdc was on herbalife before starting cd and he lost 5 stones but said he only liked the strawberry flavour so was changing to cd , but he is not doing ss but 790, hmm i do know something about it afterall!!
i am with you on the hot shakes i cant abide them cold, even cant drink cold water i have to put a splash of kettle hot in it to make it lukewarm!!
to much info alert, anything cold goes straight to my nipples and they feel like they will crack off, weird huh but i suffer from terrible cold nipples and it gets so painful
it is freezing today aswell i am wrapped up in a fleece throw on the sofa with 2 jumpers on and 2 x socks brrrrrrrrrr
not happy with this cold spell, its most inconvenient for people in ketosis!!
we need warm balmy days to make it more bearable!!
anyway rambling on and on and on
take care
nataliexxxxxxxx

hehe! i always thought ketosis would be really nice in the summer but it is absolutely hellish for this weather. i get the nipple thing too...tho from the sounds of it, not as bad as u. really stings when it happens!!

kevin is 5' 8 and a little under 13 stones so he wanted to get down to just around 11st 7lb stone but for him, he'll need to tone up quite a bit as well. nice muscly arms and then a beer keg belly instead of a 6-pack lol. so he isnt hugely overweight...just wanting a bit of work done. the formula i will use for weight loss is the same one he will use for vitimin/mineral intake. we will use different things within the same program in order for us to get to our targets and some of the same things too. he is wanting to go beyond the weight loss and use the prog for building up as well so after hes down in size and i am still trudging along, we will still be using herbalife together. feel happier knowing he wont finish ages b4 me and just stop while i carry on alone kinda thing.

its a diet based at around 1200 kcals a day but relies on speeding ur metabolism up and good exercise. from all the reading i have done, the average person who is really working at it will lose about 1 stone per month.

sonkie said she thinks my bum is shrinking today :D
never knew u paid so much attention to my a$$ hunny bunny LOL.

sonkie said she thinks my bum is shrinking today :D
never knew u paid so much attention to my a$$ hunny bunny LOL.

Well you did bend over right in my face .....lol. And your jacket was flapping in the wind .......lol

So much for our walk this afternoon......I totally forgot....oops!

Desertion......

Can't believe you are leaving me :sigh: :wave_cry:and we've only just got together LOL :D

Hmm, are you going to go to Jo's the next couple of weeks while you finish your lukewarm shakes? If not i'll see you in Bath.

Whatever you decide to do, HL or back to CD, keep posting (as if you wouldn't) and let us know how you get on - just out of curiosity i'd like to know how HL works -
Personally i've always found any diet that relies on exercise is not quite the one for me :D - i'd rather starve myself (oh, come to think of it i am! )- but stick with it and give us all a run for our money..:whoopass:

Can't believe you are leaving me :sigh: :wave_cry:and we've only just got together LOL :D

Hmm, are you going to go to Jo's the next couple of weeks while you finish your lukewarm shakes? If not i'll see you in Bath.

Whatever you decide to do, HL or back to CD, keep posting (as if you wouldn't) and let us know how you get on - just out of curiosity i'd like to know how HL works -
Personally i've always found any diet that relies on exercise is not quite the one for me :D - i'd rather starve myself (oh, come to think of it i am! )- but stick with it and give us all a run for our money..:whoopass:

I wont let her forget us, she will have to start a hl diary now. I was thinking that she would leave us but minis is for all diets, and we could arrange to meet up locally.

Back