Karens Herbalife Diary- bad penny returns :D

aww dizzy i cant wait to meet u in bath!

u r totally right. will be logged on here continually from now til next friday when kev gets back lol.

AWWWW Karen it is so hard when hubby is not there to spy on you, though Im the otherway if hubby around he depresses me and I wanna pick.
Anyway hubby going to go on back again as he cant cope with nights.

day 4

well! I was going to post up a recent photo alongside a "thin photo" of me 6 yars ago. I wanted to be able to see quickly what i am aiming for but i cannot work out how to post pics so nevermind! i shall do something else for motivation lol!

im on my 4th day of my fresh start and Im feeling pretty good. I have really really struggled the last few days but i think I am finally on an even keel.

I had an incident on thursday night where i really thought i was going to cheat. I went late night shopping at asda and decided i was going to pig out on chicken, crisps and some nuts. After reaching the tills I panicked and ran back around putting everything back. Instead I went and picked up fitness and Lighter Life mags and left with just those along with the kids packed lunch foods :D

Then lastnight I was having a hard time wanting to eat too. I just need to remember that i dont need the food! I need to be slim and healthy and happy.

Kev went off to China Friday morning so its difficult not having him here to police my eating lol. However, as dizzy pointed out to me, i have all the inspiration and support of minimins so i have been on here loads :)

SO! today was a new day and im feeling good. I tend to have an upset tummy when i start with this diet but i just have to get past that too i guess!

im looking forward to my weigh in on Monday. to have the 1st proper week back done and dusted will be fab.

My first really goal is to be have lost 4 stones for my wedding anniverary on 22nd May. The most important thing for my anniversary is to be able to wear my wedding and engagement rings again. they just wont fit over my chipolata fingers lol.

i think for our anniversary (it'll be 3 years married) i want to take hubby away for a suprise dirty weekend lol. being 4 stone lighter will make that a bit of a better prospect. i'll chose that weekend to put my rings back on because it has been kevs only real gripe with my weight, that i cant wear my rings. awww....

Hi Karen

You are having a brilliant restart. The last minute dash in te supermarket was ACE.

Try to enjoy the space this week with hubbie away. Mine never goes away anymore and I used to love having a bit of time where I was on my own, I know with 3 kids but when they were in bed it felt great.

Good goal for the wedding rings.

My wedding rings were quite a tight fit from the start because they were my granny's. After having kids they didn't fit anymore and didn't wear them for year. Mizzy promised we would buy more sometime but we never did and now the original ones fit me again.:) Lovely but I was looking forward to something new. Maybe someday!:rolleyes:

Yes we are here for you and you are brill anyway. You will police yourself well I know.

Dizzy x

Hi Karen love the avatar, it is a great picture.
How are you today? Hope you are still on track...!
Will you be weighing at home or at cdc...?
We had our weigh in today I lost 5lbs ( and its totm ) so Im well pleased. I have now lost the grand total of 4 stones.

day 5

i am so impressed sonkie. u r doing brilliant! big cyber pat on the back for you!

i have been good. my sabotaging mother came round again today and bought with her a KFC boneless bucket for the kids:cry: I stayed on the path to slimdom though and didnt venture into the dining area whatsoever. instead i smashed apart my bed and took it to the dump. when i got back i asked mum to dispose of the leftovers. of course she didnt but it was ok cos i stayed good. was difficult though!

according to ketostix i am not in ketosis, although i was yesterday :confused: stupid sticks! i dont think they know what they r talking about lol.

also handed my sister all the leftover xmas chocs for her to take into work tonight. she works for social services in a care home so i am sure they will enjoy them! so this house is completely free of all goodies that i might eat. all thats left is the choc and bikkies that i dont like :D

spoke to hubby today. it seems his "business trip" to china is lots of fun so far. apparently he has this amazing room at the hilton with a sofa and kingsized bed with exspresso machines and room service twice a day. lucky sod. lol.

WEIGH IN TOMORROW MORNING!

weighing at CDCs place sonkie. hers weigh heavier than mine which is half the reason the ticker is down. i dont wanna put it back up until i have at least 20lbs gone! i have been losing and gaining the very same 15lbs since xmas what with my xmas and birthday breaks from CD. NO MORE! i am gonna shift this bloody weight once and for all!

thanks for the post dizzy. xxx

i usually love getting rid of hubby for a few days. i know it sounds awful but i never miss him when he goes either. it was different this time because i havent trusted myself alone with food tho. i also think the attention and care that i usually put into food is going on him instead so i do actually miss him this time. now i am trusting myself with the fridge a bit better i think i will enjoy the rest of the week pampering myself.

well, i have been good so far. have resisted chocolate and KFC and all the other stuff i am cooking for the kids. ought to be able to get thru the rest of this week as well. i dont need to try to be good today because i am so aware f getting weighed tomorrow lol.

Whoo hoo! Karen you are doing great.

Have you asked hubby to bring something back for you?

If you haven't perhaps we can all think of something you can ask him for!

Dizzy x

Karen you are doing so well , it wont be long before Kev is back and then you will be wishing he was away again !
Or better still you can use his time away as a brill excuse to try a few more postions LOL
Aming for your rings to go back on ...what a target ...i love it !
We are here hun if the temptation gets a little to much .
I never lost anything today ...i gave in to temptation ...so dont do it LOL

Catch you soon hun xxx

aww sam! its so easy to do, isnt it??? i just have to keep in mind how **** i will feel if i buckle again. didnt feel so bad when they were scheduled breaks that i chose to do but i dont think i can feel good about just giving in to temptation and eating on the spur. regardless of how very much i want to eat something yummy!

i think kev would be VERY suspicious if he came home to find i had gotten some new grooves but will have to inflate mustafa and start getting some techniques underway LOL can always let kev think i just thought them up after he comes home hehe!

and dizzy....OF COURSE (!!!) I asked kev to bring me back nice pressies. in fact, it was the first thing i said when he told me he was going away LOL. the second thing i asked was "are u getting paid more for doing it?" :eek: shocking arent i??

i swear im not as materially shallow as i sound...er-hem

6lbs off in 6 days and still 2lbs down from starting weight as well so 8 in total *sigh* . hoped for more being that it was a restart and ought to have lost water weight but i am happy with a result of 1lb per day! now if i can lose a lb every day we will be in business :D

Last edited:
with aiden to dress as well?!?! we'll be lucky! lol

aww poor cai. i'll have to buy him some skates and u can pull him along instead lol.

sonkie, u have now lost an entire jay!! when he comes out of school i will get him to jump on u and u will see just how amazing that weight loss is. i mean....u have lost an entire 9 yr old boy!

aww poor cai. i'll have to buy him some skates and u can pull him along instead lol.

sonkie, u have now lost an entire jay!! when he comes out of school i will get him to jump on u and u will see just how amazing that weight loss is. i mean....u have lost an entire 9 yr old boy!

Blooming heck, not sure what callum weighs.......lol.

day 7

FIRST WEEK COMPLETED!
weigh-in: -6lbs
total loss: -6lbs

2pm- fruits of the forest pack, made into a mousse
6pm- choc mint pack made into truffles (made into a paste with 5 tblspoons hot water and frozen for an hour)
9pm- mushroom soup with added pepper

sorry sonkie, i lied. u havent lost a jay yet. hes 5 stones d'oh! YOU'VE DEFINATELY LOST A KIRSTEN AND ONE OF AIDENS LEGS THOUGH!

Anyways..

finding i have lost 6lbs this week has kept me motivated for the day. i am happy in ketosisland and ready to take on the world (one day at a time though, of course!)

im pretty confident that since changing CDC, I will now be able to stick with my fresh start 100% i am going to pretend this is my first time ever on CD! i dont see why not, i only restarted 2lb less than my original starting weight! i wont be leaving that 2lb off my ticker though! i was originally that 2lb bigger! instead i have moved down my target by 2lbs. not sure of the logic behind that but then "karen logic" does work on a whole other system that real human logic :)

Ive had a pretty uneventful day. Spent most of my time here...keeping motivated! Entertaining Ady and enjoying hubby being away!

For the first time ever, I invited my next door neighbour round for dinner. As Kev is away, i saw it as an excuse to have a girly night without any blokey hovering around lol.

So, made her baked spuds with cheese (her request...rather bland i thought!!) and i had my mushroom soup. i put the husks in th soup...will never do that again!! tasted like slime so will carry on taking it with water until i discover this famous porridge recipe lol.

anyways, she actually shocked me with her attitude to my diet. She started taunting me about real food! :eek: how rude!!

i know im a big mouth and things like that BUT i would never be discouraging of someones goals or aspirations/weaknesses or whatever. i didnt start waving a bag of chocolate at her going "ner-ner-ner-ner-nerrr!" the day she popped in upset to have just discovered she was diabetic!!

so what happened? well she remarked about making herself something nice to eat lastnight and i laughed "oh god no one is allowed to discuss nice food around here anymore!" so she started exagerating her words and describing in detail everything she ate, how it tasted and so on. then she did the ner-ner thing.

lol...i know this must read as really petty but i was so suprised she did it! I mean, i wasnt jealous, it didnt make me hungry and what she was describing didnt even sound very bloody nice! (her vocab isnt very broad lol) I was just taken aback that she would do something so insensitive. i mean...what if it HAD made me want to cheat? what if it did have the affect she was obviously aiming for?

i dunno, will let it slide and wash over me. it didnt affect me personally...im just suprised to find someone who knows how important this is to me would try to sabotage it. someone who isnt my mother, i mean lol. im not mad or upset with her...just mildly suprised. ah well! u live and learn!

anyways, devoted too much time to typing about it!

havent spoke to kevin today. hes working 14 hour shifts in Beijing and the 8 hour time difference isnt very helpful lol. did try to call his hotel room but he wasnt there. ah well! nice and peaceful without him. stopped missing him now :)

after telling sonkie about our plans to move house and that i wouldnt be actively looking until we finish doing this hell-ole up, i caved and started looking at properties. it seems i may get the 5 bedroomed, big gardened house i want but looking at the prices...it'll be in a really crappy area lol!! will have to just keep looking!

looking forward to day 8 :D

1pm- chino shake (hot)
8pm- chilli soup
9pm- toffee & walnut mousse

I have had such a lousy day! still havent been able to contact kevin and the kids r really missing him. they r upset and wanna speak to him. the time difference means when i call him with the kids its between 8 and 11pm but he doesnt answer the phone! so the kids r acting up and moping around. yay for me!

can barely walk as i have pulled a muscle in my thigh and its really swollen. can barely swallow cos o a sore throat as well.

then to top my day off...my mum popped over to "help out". the kids asked if she would take them to the local shop to spend their pocket money on doctor who magazines. i couldnt take them because of my leg. she asked if she should take them to asdas cafe for dinner.

i specifically asked her not to. waste of money and our freezer is full of food. i said i would start their dinner and they left. cooked their dinner and waitd and waited....

2 hours later they come back (th local shop is a 3 minute walk!!), having just had dinner at asda. i was livid cos i had been worried sick about where they were and if they were ok. not only that but i had had to cook their food and watch it looking all redundant on the tray.

it really tapped into some emotions that i am obviously getting more in touch with now that i dont mask things with eating. i was so livid that she put me thru the worry and i went mad at her.

she said i was disgusting and that i would rather leave my children with a phidophile than let them spend 2 hours with their nan. what the f***???

i had to clarify that i didnt mind them being with her for 2 hours but not when they have gone on a 10 minute journey! i cannot believe she is refering to my husband as a pervert. I am so bloody upset. i had to throw her out. the kids were crying saying that daddy isnt one of those...they were totally mortified and now think they might be taken away!!

i really didnt want her to take them to the shop and wish i had listened to myself. they asked her if they could go before clearing it with me and then i felt bad for wanting to say no when they were clearly excited to be going to get their mags.

the problem with my mum is that she has mental health issues and sometimes she is more affected than others. she isnt outright fully mental or anything but she definately has defined issues! shes a paranoid manic depressive but obviously this isnt something she suffers from every day. most of the time she is fine and whe she is ill it isnt very bad. not like she was when i was a child.

even so, i never usually let the kids be alone with her. if my kids stay at her house it is because my dad is and will be there at all times etc. so...when they went missing for 2 hours i was completely out of my mind with worry.

then she said that about kev! i know shes ill and she gets away with saying a lot of crap but that is unacceptable. what if she said that to other people??? i have heard her say it about my dad before which was awful. theres just some things u dont accuse people of without hard facts or unless u r purely evil. shes not so ill that she cant control those kinds of thoughts but we make so many allowances for her she thinks there are no limits for herself.

so i was awful when she said that and the kids started crying. i called her a mad old bint and threw her out :cry:

i think by not eating...by not swallowing my pain with food, i had some of my emotional pain surface from my childhood spent with her. her going off with my kids...i dunno maybe it stirred things like when she'd leave the house and not come back. i was sometimes left alone for hours and hours on end alone at the age of 4 and 5. even overnight at times. of course, all that ended when my dad moved back in when i was 7. i think her neglect of me has been festering for years and her yet again, neglecting my request to not go to asda etc etc and taking my children without regard for my feelings has just made me go BANG!

i did say this diary might get heavy LOL.

im going to go to bed. tomorrow is a new day and all that.

i dont know whether to tell kev what she said. he'd be devastated but then again what if i dont tell him and one of the kids do?? then he will be upset moreso. well he isnt home til friday so i can weigh it up. dont wanna mak the kids lie. would never do that.

Back