Karens Herbalife Diary- bad penny returns :D

Good Idea

maybe we could sneak an early evening meet up or maybe a coffee on a weekend. That said i'm off to Swindon this week and then Reading the week after (staying in Bath this weekend but can't do any sat night recce as my mum is playing skittles in my old local where i was a barmaid in my younger days so thought i would pop up and see some old faces - apparently my dad is normally there as well so can catch up with him as well! Best ring him to say i will be in the vacinity) then it's easter and then we are meeting up in Bath anyway....

we will definately get together and theres no way i would leave minis. umm...i'll let you know more about herbalife when i understand it a bit better lol.

we will arange coffee very soon!!!

Well have been dead tired today. did a workout DVD this morning and spent day with ady. walked to school with sonkie and fell asleep between 4.30pm and 8pm.

poor kev came home from work at 4pm and then had to do dinner, homework with kids, bath them and then put them to bed. i got up just after eldest had gone off to bed. not intentional and unusual for me to abandon family so that i can go off to sleep but just was at breaking point with tiredness.

so! am about to go off to bed again. just wanted to ask if people think i should carry on with this diary or start a new herbalife one??

Well have been dead tired today. did a workout DVD this morning and spent day with ady. walked to school with sonkie and fell asleep between 4.30pm and 8pm.

poor kev came home from work at 4pm and then had to do dinner, homework with kids, bath them and then put them to bed. i got up just after eldest had gone off to bed. not intentional and unusual for me to abandon family so that i can go off to sleep but just was at breaking point with tiredness.

so! am about to go off to bed again. just wanted to ask if people think i should carry on with this diary or start a new herbalife one??

Hi Karen,

I think you should carry on with this diary and just change the title ...well that is my tuppence worth:rolleyes: :p

Good luck to you and your OH...doing your diet together should make it easier for you both.

Nothing like a bit of friendly competition between couples:)

Love Mini xxx

hehe...nothing "friendly" when it comes to competing with hubby. he is typical blokey and is internally wounded when i beat him at anything like scrabble. hehe!! is it wrong to want to beat him when i know it bugs him so much?? :D

i think u r right about the diary...is still the same journey regardless of which bus i am on!

thanks for dropping by mini. hope u r doing well?

xxxxx

dreaded totm turned up at about 3am!! ooo the PAIN!!!! Im like an injured animal today and feeling dead sorry for myself. hubby has run off with the pain killers as well so will have to go to asda. so i woke up rolling around wimpering and decided i would read a book until i could fall back to sleep...

this book is fab. i was getting so sucked into wanting to stay up til morning to read it lol. Its "The Alchemist" by paulo Coelho and it was recommended to me about 5 years ago. Anytime i have looked for the book i havent seen it and when i have seen it, I havent got the money on me but my wonderful hubby actually remembered me saying i wanted to read it ages ago and so he bought it for me for mothers day.

When i think about my hubby lately I cant believe the changes in our relationship. When we first met it was all lovey dovey and full of spark. Plenty of things happened that put strain on the relationship...him moving from the states....the wedding...the baby....him getting used to be a parent to my oldest 2 as well as this country and then of course my weight started creeping up and up. the spark had pretty much died a death and he became distant while i became insecure and over emotional.

the more insecure i became the more distant he became and we split up. i threw him out in the middle of the night along with my sister and her bf...(long story lol) he had pretty much wrecked my trust and I felt awful having him always recoil from any affection i tried to give but knowing full well his sexdrive was just fine when he was surfing the net...

finally we went into counselling and we established that he was not attracted to me because of my weight gain and the lack of self confidence that came with that put him off as well. it came up that it is odd that he has issues that make him detach sex from emotion...that he could do that with me dispite having a family and history together. of course, he could totally seperate emotion on the internet just looking at pics etc. That did nothing for my self worth tho and made me a wreck. the other thing that came up for him was how me being over emotional was driving him away...and he couldnt be emotional about sex so he worked hard to overcome those deep-rooted "committment" issues. it kinda worked back to his mum being mentally ill and how he would see her over emotional and unpredictable. he would deal with it by switching off.

during the counselling I worked hard on my self worth and my need for him to "adore me". i needed constant reassurance that he simply couldnt give and it drained us both. i learned to totally put together some sort of life for myself where i didnt need him for anything and we slowly worked it out.

he became more interested in me because he understood his problems better and also because my confidence was growing and he started feeling lucky to be around me again. i became more trusting in him and a lot stronger in myself because i understood myself and him a lot better.

now he is always telling me i am beautiful and he remembers books i mentioned months before hand. sometimes he comes home with flowers for me, sometimes he comes home with books or mags. he arranged the most romantic things and sweetest suprises for my 30th and it is like being married to an entirely different man. he hasnt gone back to the way he was when we first met as thats unrealistic. he has grown from that 23 yr old and has become a hubby and father so he is a much better persn now than the one i originally fell for. he feels lucky to have me and i trust him completely. he never cheated on me but it used to feel like he was walking a thin line which could have easily ended up that way. now i cant imagine he would ever do anything that we havent discussed or tried to work out.

we can sit for hours now chatting and being friends and it is wonderful. sometimes we'll spend a friday night playing cards and watching films but other times we go away for the night and just let our hair down. i am strong in the sense that even if he did do anything, i knwo i would be totally fine. the world wouldnt end and it wouldnt be something i need to punish myself about...which is what i was doing before. hating myself for not being good enough and being too ashamed to chat to friends about it.

i have really prattled on but this is really to say how thankful i am that i have a marriage i can believe in...despite how awful it became for a while. we worked thru it and i love my husband for becoming the man he wanted to be and working hard to save our family. he hated facing his demons and was always a man that wouldnt talk about feelings but he went against the grain and changed it all for himself and his family. I made the same kind of work for myself as well. i faced a lot of demons...had to learn to work thru problems and we came thru it all together. now everything gets discussed to death and we always know where we stand lol.

the times i hated him and he lived away from us (also pretty much hating me!!) and we wanted nothing but to never see eachother again all seems so long ago. it doesnt even feel like us anymore.

if u are willing to really work thru some sh*t, a relationship can be wonderful but it HAS to be an effort of vast committment made on both sides. I would never want a friend to push to save a crap relationship if they were the only one trying but i really have faith now in how far people can go to make a better life and for some reason, today it really means a lot to me that i married a man that can do all that for me and my children...as well as for himself. I have changed so so much too. i felt if something didnt come naturally it ought to be thrown away and i felt i needed to be adored because i felt it was the only thing that would give me worth but that is no longer the case.

this is a long winded way of saying i forget how much i can pat myself on the back for...and that i am capable of great changes. surely that can be applied to any area of my life?? of course it can...so i have found i am strong and can do anything i really really want to.

i can also have faith in people which i never had before. i learned to mistrust very early on in life and carried that biterness with me like a wallet! the truth is though, i know many wonderful people who are special and precious and worth really knowing heart and soul...

life looks more worth living and cherishing at the mo. i dunno how much of this is paul mckenna...or time of the month LOL

it feels nice though...and i hope this gives some encouragement to anyone going thru a hard time but with the knowledge that it has to be a two way street. if someone doesnt feel u r worth the effort then they dont value u and that can affect the value u place on urself. never let someone take that away from you.

today i am having a facial done by mrs herbalife. very much looking forward to that as its been a while since i pampered myself :D well thats probably not true but i still think i deserve it lol.

hope u lovely miniminers are having a lovely day.

xxxxx

A facial does she do all this too, I have never had a facial......in fact the only pampering I get is a haircut and colour.
Hey missus I started totm today too....lol. 2 hormonal bitches together eh ! Though this is the first time I have started on time since being on the diet....! Though I have no pain or discomfort...?

Well I think we should leave the walk today, shall I still pop round before school ? Will you be coming to mine for a cuppa after school ?

:hug99: Ahh Poor you Karen :hug99: hope your feeling better with painkillers i think mine is due soon as woken with stomach ache from hell
have u been to the docs and been tested for underactive thyroid i suffer from this and it could be linked to your tiredness just a thought hun xxxxxx

kitty, i ought to be tested as it would be lovely to find thats the root of my weight probs but im sure its all the crap i shove in my face that explains the waistband lol.

sonya, i wont be able to do walk today anyways mate. dunno how long she will take. I dunno if she does it as a sideline or if she thought my face could do with some work but will ask her lol.

kirsten is having her friend over for tea tonight and i totally forgot i had invited her til kirsten said about it today!! i could come over but it means bringing an extra kid and im sure u can do without the hassle LOL. i didnt forget im having cal and will tomorrow though so my memory is getting slightly better!! one day i'll remember my entire week ahead!! wont that be amazing?

i didnt forget im having cal and will tomorrow though so my memory is getting slightly better!! one day i'll remember my entire week ahead!! wont that be amazing?

You are a glutton for punishment.....lol. Hmmmm must double check with Sam that she has got her ticket for tomorrow at 4pm(ooooooops posted on wrong thread, now Karen knows we are legging it, leaving her with the kids...lol)

lol!

thats ok...i will just wait til sunday and lurk outside the lipotrim chemist. sure u wont be able to resist weighing in. if u dont turn up there i may be able to get a decent price for them on ebay :D

lol!

thats ok...i will just wait til sunday and lurk outside the lipotrim chemist. sure u wont be able to resist weighing in. if u dont turn up there i may be able to get a decent price for them on ebay :D

Rofl.....how you feeling now...? What time are you off for your facial, dont fall asleep and leave the kids at school will you

1pm

mum and sis are coming over to watch ady so i can relax. might counter-balance the period pain misery lol

Hi,

Just reading through again, the extreme tiredness is really unusual after the first few days on CD. It could be adding boiling water has reduced the vitamins in the diet, but I was thinking along the same lines as Kittykat.

You are showing signs of an underactive thyroid extreme tiredness. Do you really feel the cold, I know this is a side affect of CD but can also relate to Thyroid problems as can thinning hair?

The other thing that crossed my mind was Type II Diabetes classic symptoms extreme tiredness, going to the wee a lot, itchy skin.

Not trying to scare you, however, it might be worth seeing GP for a check up and share these concerns with him.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Linda

Have to say Karen, i don't feel tired at all, in fact i do seem to have more energy - maybe that's just because the weight is coming off.
All the same couldn't hurt to get a check up - especially if jumping straight into another diet -
:-0 not preggers are you ;-) maybe the no sex bit is an exaggeration!!!!!!!!!

thanks CD and dibs.

i do get itchy skin but i have psorisis so would diguise or not notice any extra itching. thinning hair...my hair is realy thick so it would take ages for me to notice it thinning so i guess i should make an appointment. I didnt have this tiredness to begin with so im really not sure. will make an appointment though as its better to know whats going on. diebetes is in my bloodline (lucky me!) so will need to get checked out. wouldnt have thought to go and get a check up if it hadnt been suggested here so thanks ladies xxxx

dibs, i hope u have gone and had a look at the free facial thread i put on "blogging, freebies, ebay" section of this site! get urself some pampering!

xxxx

Hiya Karen,
Sorry to jump in uninvited lol but i suffered with really itchy legs arms and back on CD my doctor said she thought it was the fat dispersing under the skin as it was happening so quickly then maybe i could feel it freaked me out a bit but couldnt help smiling as i clawed myself to ribbons lololol !

It did go away after about 5-6 weeks i think . Good luck with it love Tatty Head XXX

LOL tatty! jump on in any time :D

that is a creepy thought! ive often thought i can feel my brain cells popping when im drunk so kinda same thing i guess LOL.

Tatty may not be wrong there mate with the itching thing , weight loss at this level must be felt .
Hope you are ok and so glad the facial went well , i was stressed out at school earlier !!!! thanks for taking will in tomoro night i'll relax while having my hair done now !!!
Cu tomoro , im off to bed early tonight ...im gonna be good !!!!

Back