Karens Herbalife Diary- bad penny returns :D

Has Kev got photos of his home town and things ??? would love to see them one day if he does .
It would be a chance of a lifetime mate .
It would be hard to leave your family , but if its something that has been given alot of thought and you decide its meant to be then go for it !!!
Your good at doing your research so im sure you and kev will make the best decison for your family xxx
we need a catch up session very blinking soon !!!!!

Hi Karen, just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and all your stresses at the moment- omg your hubby's job/work money thing I cant believe that its so infuriating! it makes you feel like you cant do anything about it...- I can imagine my oh doing the same thing as he can bit a wishy washy sometimes... then he'll be all cross about it because deep down he prob feels he should have done more about it...and even if you dont say anything you cant help thinking well why didnt you stand up for yourself more? aaargh!

About the whole moving thing I think you're right to see how the kids and you get on out there in nov which will be testing the water type thing but I think you shouldnt let your mum hold you back as yes she is your faimly but ultimately your family now is your kids you and hubby and you have to do what is best for you guys as I know you dont want to think about it but one day your mum and dad wont be around anymore and you'll still be left wondering what happened to your life.

From the way it sounds your mum doesnt have much else going on in her life and she is terrified you are going to take what little she has away but ultimately even though she is older it is no excuse not to look after yourself and not to take responsibilty for her life. The way she reacts to things is HER problem not YOURS, everybody has to take responsibilty for their own lives and you cant let her inability to let you go with grace stop you making what could be a great decision for you and yours. It is not fair of her to try and make you feel guilty about wanting to do something different and it says more about her than it does about you.

we're in the same kind of financial boat- up the creek without a paddle! except we dont own our own home or anything just renting but I have been looking for jobs as we are just so broke we cant even afford where we live now now and even though we are on a low income we dont get any help or benefits or anything so its totally frustrating and as lo is young would still have to fork out for childcare so only full time work would give us enough to make it worth it- AAAAAAARRRRRGH!!!!

we have and /are totally considering moving abroad. Either to America as oh's dad lives out there with step mum and they have just become citizens and used to live in Idaho ???! But now moving to california which will be much nicer we havent been out there as a family yet but will defintiely plan to in next 2 years I think and if we like it will seriously think about how we can do it. oh's uncle and aunt (seperate) live in australia and new zealand respectively so we may have a window there to get sponsered to live there.

Lets think about it... How much better do you feel when the sun is shining? ten times better in all 3 of those countries they get more sun than we do here where it is miserable 75% of the time, it costs ridiculous amounts of money to live here for quite a low standard of living and housing in some areas, we are highly taxed but when you need the extra financial boost do you get any of that help back? NO!!! I could go on... but the point is living in this country is hyped up so much but compared to other western countries it is so expensive even food here is ridiculous!! we want to try living in loads of different counties if we can its just getting the skills to enable us to do so! oh is doing teacher training but he hates it so far and is moaning all day everyday about it but he doesnt finish his placement which NEXT july then he will have to pay back his bursary for doing the course (13 grand- our income) so he is quite stressed as I guess you would be doing a job you didnt really get on with.

Sorry this has turned into a big moan about my life- sorry Karen! I jsut meant to sympathise with you oops! ;)

Thinking of you anyway (under all that moaning...!) :rolleyes:

whats herbalife anyhoo? xxx

Just caught up with your thread, Karen and the question that springs to my mind is quite simple.

Do YOU want to go?

Forget about family concerns, forget about what anyone else thinks, would you be happy there?

If I were you, I'd make my decision based on the answer to that question. After all, if mum is happy, the family is happy!

If it was me, I be there like a shot! But, as Mins wisely said, I'd rent out my UK home as a safety net as getting back onto the property ladder here would be a nightmare!

XXXX

Hey karen, sorry i dont have any good advice for you, what a tricky situation, it does sound lovely over there though, the only thing i can think of is to go over for a good visit and then see how you feel, good luck whatever you decide
hugz nat xxxxxx

Living in America - oh ah

Karen
Go for it if you get the chance - the world is much smaller now and the recent increase of the number of airlines joining the atlantic routes is bound to make flights cheaper. There will be opportunities for your kids and you will probably be able to afford a much better standard of living - we are just getting taxed to death now in the UK. Think about whether you kids will be able to afford homes here now when they come of age. Your future is with your husband kids and their families - not your parents, i know it is not that easy but they have lived their life the way they wanted to on the whole.
I'm just dipping in on my lunch break on a course in Reading for the week.
Sonkie W8 6,500 to 200 - what happened :D I'll try and fit that in one lunchtime.
Karen, wait until i get home and you can make me a coffee and explain that comment to Pip :rolleyes:
c u :wave_cry:

hi everyone.

Ive been awol for a few days. nothing major, just hubby hijacking PC for some exams (how dare he keep me from minis in the persuit of education :rolleyes: ) and then when i wanted to come on here last night i had to abort that idea in favour of last minute Easter Bonnet making :eek:

I really appriciate everyones comments and am really coming round to the idea of leaving the UK. Me and Kev have agreed to leave it for 2 months and then sit down and have another chat about it. I want to be sure it isnt his dads illness that is making him want to go back. i know its a factor but i dont think it would be for the right reasons so we are going to give it that bit of time then come back to the table and see how we feel. i almost let kev read all these fab and supportive posts but then remembered how much i slag him off here so thought it wise to keep him away from the board LOL.

Im CD-less at the moment and not starting herbalife until Friday but I have tried to be really good with the diet. keeping away from carbs etc and i havent weighed myself so am hoping ive done ok. eekk!

Dibs, umm...the comment you speak of....that must be sonkie hacking into my account again. she does that a lot and gets me into all sorts of trouble. im utterly innocent and at the mercy of an evil sonkie....honest! :sigh: ;)

Thanks for all the lovely posts miniminers. I love this site, u r all wonderful.

xxxxx

Dibs, umm...the comment you speak of....that must be sonkie hacking into my account again. she does that a lot and gets me into all sorts of trouble. im utterly innocent and at the mercy of an evil sonkie....honest! :sigh: ;)

Eh !!!!!!!!! What are you trying to do now missus. The Evil sonkie is really a computer hacker :eek: ........ROFL.....LOL.....If only..... I can turn it on, surf the net, post on here and check my bank account......as for hacking....well I wouldnt have a blooming clue. :eek:
Im gonna have to claim compo now, for deflamation of character........:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Evil Sonkie

Did she really do that Karen:thinking2: - can I believe it :ignore: there again i couldn't imagine you to be anything but purely innocent :rolleyes:
You're just going to have to :whoopass:

Better pop off now before that flying pig does a seagull job on me :eek:

BFN :D

Did she really do that Karen:thinking2: - can I believe it :ignore: there again i couldn't imagine you to be anything but purely innocent :rolleyes:
You're just going to have to :whoopass:

Better pop off now before that flying pig does a seagull job on me :eek:

BFN :D

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Has she not confessed yet.....pah !
Shoot.......she came round for a coffe this morning, I could have captured her and held her to ransom......!:eek:

Hey guys Karen is having computer problems....it has had to be sent off for repairs. She is missing you all loads. She has started Herbal life with her hubby and has lost 5lbs whilst on it so far.

Yesterday she was rushed to hospital in a lot of pain, they were thinking maybe kidney stones, the pain eased and she was sent home with painkillers.....then later in the day she was back in hospital again this time they have diagnosed kidney stones for sure.
She is at home, in a bit of pain, but popping the old painkillers.....!
Just thought you might like to know.

glad to hear your updating us sonkie

karen well done on the 5lb loss hope you feel better soon xxxxxx

Thanks Sonkie - wondered where Karen was - hope she's feeling much better soon.

Take care Karen - hope to see you back on the boards and all better soon

xx

Awww, poor Karen :( Give her some hugs from me Sonya.

Hi Karen, Hope you pass it very soon, my husband has had stones so I can understand a little of what you are going through. Well done on the loss x

Thanks Sonkie for letting us know, poor Karen, kidney stones are very painful:cry:

Tell her we are thinking of her!

fetch.dll

Hi guys just been speaking to Karen, she is much better, though her FIL in the USA has found out his lukeamia is terminal, its attacking the bones and plasma. It is classed as stage 3 and not looking too good. So she has now got to go to south wales to rush the kids passports through, then they will be off when they receive them.
She is finding not having minimins to turn to hard and is gonna try to get hubby on the case of fixing the desk top computer until laptop is sorted. She asked me to let you know she is desperate to get back on, especially before going to the states for 3 weeks.
For those who will be at the Bath meet she will still be coming though I have told her if she is not up to it we would understand.

Back