Karens WW Diary

Hi Karen

Hope you have a better "trip" free night tonight! Enjoy your coffee tomorrow x

Good morning minis!

hiya CC, thanks! Im looking forward to a relaxing day shopping and lunching with a couple of uni friends (we upgraded from just coffee). Work was good yesterday BUT i didnt track properly. i had forgotten i had 2 options hot chocloates and had all my dailies so had to use 2 weeklies for them. its not the end of the world but i must make sure i write things down better :)

my menu is a bit sketchy today as i dont know where we r going for lunch and i havent pointed tonights prawn creole yet but i'll go as low PPs as i can :D

have a good day guys!

xxxxx

Day 37

Breakfast

satsuma
pineapple
toast (2)
30g lite philly with chives (1)

Lunch

piri piri chicken pannini (13)
Large salad (0)
Mayo (3)

Dinner

Romantic meal with hubby...
Starter: Carrot & Coriander soup (3)
Main: Shrimp Creole...
bags of free veggies and spices (0)
King Prawns (2)
Wholegrain rice (6)
Dessert: Light Choices Profiteroles (4)

Snacks

WW choc bicuit (2)

Total points: 36/36

Last edited:
damn it! so much for not using weeklies. i just drank 8 weeklies... tempting amaretto!!

Hello My Love! I haven't read much of the diary but I figured I could follow your progress from now :) xx

Good Morning Minis!

Hi Carly, I love your target for your friends wedding. Very realistic and inspiring. My goal is also for the same time period (sept 2012) but going to Disney with hubby and the kids. Im going to book it soon so wont have any option but to stick with WW fully!

I had a lovely time last night. Very relaxing and nice meal/drink with hubby. my mum popped in and hadnt eaten so I made her a quick recipe off that same website i mentioned for 'bangin good shrimp' and my mother refused to leave without the recipe lol. She said they were the best way she'd ever had king prawns and wanted to be able to make it for my brother and his wife when they visit next weekend. I only just found out that they are coming down from London for the long weekend and they are bringing my dad with them. Yay! I hate my dad being away working. he is 70 this year but wont give up working and is contracting in London until the end of the summer. Dont think its right that he is running around at his age and leaving my mother here on her own for months at a time but he gets so well paid he wont retire! I am a really daddys girl though so cannot wait to see him. he is the best man EVER! (hope my lovely hubby doesnt subscribe to this website!)

Anyways... today my daughter is sleeping over at her friends. i'll be dropping her there shortly (she'll be gone all day today) and hubby managed to get 3 tickets to the opening ceremony of a shaolin school. how exciting! definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet one of the top 20 Shaolin Warrior Monks in the world! The tickets were £50 each but someone gave them to hubby at work. he only got 3 tickets though so i said he should take the boys as our girl is out for the day anyways. im going to hang back and start tiling the bathroom. another once in a lifetime opportunity (NOT!) Hubby did offer the ticket to me but i know it means a lot more to him so i will sacrifice. besides... i still need to slip out and get him a gift for our anniversary tomorrow!

on the diet front - i feel like im having a good week, despite saying i would use NO weeklies and i am 2 days into a fresh week, having used 10 already lol. aside from the wedding anniversary, i dont see any reason to use any more of them so hopefully i will have a good week. We've decided to go to Nando's and the cinema (they are next door to eachother) to celebrate our 7 yrs of marriage :) and I have picked out my food and PP'ed it in advance so, unless we drink loads or i fall foul to a high fat dessert, i should stay within dailies tomorrow. fingers crossed!

there shouldnt be a problem staying on track today either but i will edit menu when i get back from dropping daughter off at her friends.

Day 38

Breakfast

satsuma

Lunch

2 x sainsburys 'bgty' sausages (4)
2 x boiled eggs (4)
100g baked beans (2)
onion, tomato & mushroom (0)

Dinner

250g Sweet potato fries in chilli and garlic coating (6)
125g homemade burger (6)
large salad (0)
wholemeal Bap (3)
Sauces ketchup and american mustard (1)

Snacks

2 x WW choc bicuit (5)

Total points: 31/36

Last edited:
Enjoy the tiling if you can! Cinema and nandos will be a well deserved break! I love nandos! X

Hi Karen! What a lovely goal :) how much would u like to lose by then?

Hope the tiling goes ok! Very generous of u to let your hubby go with the boys :) I love love love nandos and the cinema! What have u planned to eat! Nandos puddings are rubbish! U could treat yourself to a curly wurly or crunchie at the cinema :) hope u have a lovely anniversary tomorrow cx

Enjoy the tiling if you can! Cinema and nandos will be a well deserved break! I love nandos! X

heya CC xx I have to confess... i have never ever been to Nando's. We'd always opt for the italian resturant next door to it... no wonder im fat haha. chicken is my fav though and i love spice so it will be right up my street. xxx

Hi Karen! What a lovely goal :) how much would u like to lose by then?

Hope the tiling goes ok! Very generous of u to let your hubby go with the boys :) I love love love nandos and the cinema! What have u planned to eat! Nandos puddings are rubbish! U could treat yourself to a curly wurly or crunchie at the cinema :) hope u have a lovely anniversary tomorrow cx

heya Carly, Im not fixing a definite goal... i just want to get rid of as much fat as i possibly can. it would be great to be under 10 stones but just being overweight (as oppose to morbidly obese and diabetic) would be nice at this point lol. i refuse to have one more expensive holiday being as big as i am now though.

i decided to have the piri piri butterfly chicken (10) with ratatouille (4) OR less chicken and maybe the grilled cheese (2) just to try it? i like the look of the spicy rice but will save that for another visit. im drooling just thinking about it lol.

what do you recommend? I have never tried any of it so have no idea what is good really. Im glad you have said that about the desserts though... even if they look nice i will remind myself that they taste rubbish. LOVE curly wurly so will take that as alternative at cinema, thanks xx

There is hardly any desserts on the menu and they are not up to much lol! I love a medium chicken pitta :) i would say that whatever level of spice u would normally have go down one as it can be hotter than expected! U will love it! I have to admire if I went I would have pitta, chips and perinaise - spicy Mayo and it's awesome - think it's like 25 but still good coz I love it :) enjoy!! Xx

Hey Karen,

You are great to let the boys off to see the shaolin monks but they will adore it I bet. Good for you doing tiling . not so good at the old DIY me.!!! . Enjoy your meal out tonight.

Hope it's all going well :) x

There is hardly any desserts on the menu and they are not up to much lol! I love a medium chicken pitta :) i would say that whatever level of spice u would normally have go down one as it can be hotter than expected! U will love it! I have to admire if I went I would have pitta, chips and perinaise - spicy Mayo and it's awesome - think it's like 25 but still good coz I love it :) enjoy!! Xx

perinaise??? omg that sounds heavenly. i didnt see it on the menu. i expect its high points but cant get on their website to check. it wont load for some reason. i do have peri sauce and light mayo and im making sweet potato fries and homemade hamburger tonight so i may have to make my own version. i have 5 pps left so could go a bit nuts with it :D

Hey Karen,

You are great to let the boys off to see the shaolin monks but they will adore it I bet. Good for you doing tiling . not so good at the old DIY me.!!! . Enjoy your meal out tonight.

ive had a call from them, they are having a really good time. they watched a shaolin teacher get ordained and did a shaolin class (thank god i stayed home lol) and they have had their photos taken with the shaolin monk too so thats brilliant. they are now having mcdonalds and visiting my mother who lives around the corner from the new shaolin school. i have prepped the bathroom but realised that the tools i need are at my mums so hubby is collecting them. also, i left the adhesive in the car and so they drove off with it lol. ah well! its all prepped and just means hubby will now give me a hand with it. i do enjoy a bit of DIY. I love the idea of transforming stuff and have learned loads from my dad over the years. Hubby is only really just getting into it and hates me for showing him how to do things or critisizing what he does wrong. i think he feels like ive removed his penis in the DIY department BUT i just happen to know a lot more about it than him! macho fool! hehe.

anyways... ive had a bit of time to myself doing other bits so its been semi relaxing and a bit boring. hubby will be back with the trowel and adhesive soon so will start the tiling then xxx

Perinaise is 5pp for the pot they give u! U can even buy it and all the marinates in supermarkets now :)

Bless the hubby -he will gave to learn that u are superwoman lol!! :) xx

sounds well worth 5 of anyones PPs carly! I love stuff like that but not seen it in shops. I do have a few bottles of nando's other marinades though. nomnomnom :D

Well, the sun is shining and it is my wedding anniversary. I ended up buying hubby a book about chinese history (a subject he loves for some unknown reason) and I am going to buy him a Tunison's Atlas (hubbys greatgreatgreat grandfather owned a company that made maps and they were the only hand coloured maps of their day). Theres one on ebay from 1904 and i am going to get it. they even have notes in them about that countries culture. he used to take his wife and children around the world learning all this stuff for work. sadly, after he died his sons fought bitterly and run the business into the ground. So, they are quite rare. we already have one but we wanted to build the collection to 3 so that each of our children have one after they stick us in an old peoples home or kill us ;)

Anyways... todays festivities.... i have to collect my daughter at 10.30am and carry on with the tiling (me and hubby had a great convo and i am teaching him how to do it without telling him off so he has his penis back now lol). my mum is coming over for dinner with the kids this evening and we are scooting out for Nando's and a bit of Johnny Depp at the flicks. somewhere in there i had better wash the school uniforms!

have a lovely day everyone xxxx

Day 39

Breakfast

slice of wholemeal toast (2)
philly lite with chives (1)

Lunch

2 x sainsburys 'bgty' sausages (4)
1 small hotdog bun (2)
american mustard and ketchup (2)

Dinner

Peri peri butterfly chicken (10)
Ratatoullie (4)
cheese (2)

Snacks

none

Total points: 27/36

Last edited:
Sounds like a fab day!! I'm a bit like you too!! I'm always the one that has to take charge with DIY things, being the oldest of 3 and living with my mum on her own I learned how to do most DIY things, OH is complete opposite, he is loving that I've not been in the house much over past few days so he can get on with painting...there's no way he'd get so much freedom if I wasn't here, ha! Enjoy your cinema and nandos tonight, oh and happy anniversary!! X

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the cinema and nandos :) glad u have managed to play nice over the tiling! Perinaise was in morrisons :) have a lovely day xxx

Happy Anniversary Karen . Hope you have a lovely day .:lilkiss:

thank you guys for the lovely messages xxxx we've not long finished doing yet more tiles but as you say carly, we are playing nice and its been fun doing it together. We never usually do that. i do all house related stuff and he does all car/computer/garden related work. its been a nice change. still waiting for the kids to wish us a happy anniversary! xxx

Keep waiting! Lol I was 21 before I started to remember and u def don't look old enough to have a 10 year old let alone a 21 yr old lol xx

Hi Karen

Hope you are having a great night and you enjoyed yer nandos!! I saw the perinaise in asda today...very nearly bought it but resisted the urge...I need to shift some pounds this week! x

Back