Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Evening all:)

Was that a susie moment? Not planning to lug it across london on saturday! ;)

In the middle of my conference - lunch pretty rubbish with no legal hot food at all but did get salad with some protein bits. Dinner shortly but im just having a lo carb wrap with salami and cheese to make sure im not starving in case its illegal too! Thank goodness there's a fridge here:)

Managed to avoid all the biscuits at the tea breaks - not planning to be quite so good walking past the bar tonight:D

Xx

Morning all:)

Was clearly too abstemious last night (g&t and 1 large glass red) - couldnt sleep in lumpy short bed:(

Managed dinner - some anti pasto meats avoiding the bread and then chicken bits with as little sauce as poss and two lettuce leaves. Didn't want the tiramisu but the chocolate mints were calling........ resisted but only just!

Crikey well done, that's a lot of resisting going on!

No wonder you're doing so well, I never learned to say no - at least that's what all the boys at school told me :D

Evening all:)

Lol @susie and bren:D

Well delighted to be back home after two days at the conference. Rubbish food again for lunch - managed to find some cold chicken in some unknown creamy sauce plus a bit of salad. Arrived back home to find DH had made a mega cheeseburger pie - he is the most wonderful person in the world:). Pretty exhausted now so got my feet up while i surf.....

Need to think about what we are missing for camping - only one week left, then away for a week and only back for 24 hours before driving off to france. Havent been camping for 25 years so advice please - what are the top three things i need to remember (i have a tent!)

Thx
Xx

You need Linzi Expert Camper for that.

I don't do ground, so my only advice is to find a camping ground with a nice 3 star B&B close by in case of inclement weather :)

You definately don't need a suitcase babe!!

Tent, sleeping bag & red wine... thats my top 3 & not neccessarily in that order. x

Hot and cold running water, comfy bed, tv, en suite, oh hang on that's my kind of holiday lol.
I would say a cool box. Many sites do an ice pack exchange. It's worth it just for milk and breakfast stuff as you can eat out the rest of the time. And for white wine of course ;)

Afternoon all:D

Thanks for the suggestions - agree plan is to be as comfortable as possible but DH is kicking up a fuss as i buy things......! So far we have enormous tent for 8 for just 3 of us (borrowed from brother). Just bought a king size airbed- already got the memory foam topper and sleeping bags etc.

Now working on cooking - borrowed stove, table and 12v coolbox. Bought stove stand. Planning to find/borrow/steal all cooking gear. Plus its france - nothing steak or moules wont fix:D

So last thing is drink - i mean food;) should manage the wine and glasses packing!

Next concern - how to keep all the gadgets, ipods etc charged. And no we are camping to save money not to get back to nature lol!

I think the fun is in the planning - dh disagrees. Hey ho

A very large box of goodies has arrived from LCM - hooray:D the idea is to enjoy them over the 6 weeks summer hols to substitute as treats. As well as choccie bars ive got some biscuits - interestingly they are zero net carbs and only 2 g of polyols vs the 18/20 of bars - hope they taste good!

Shame it's my wi tomorrow - otherwise i'd test them now;)

Katie, I always take a little light weight barbecue when I camp out. They are useful not only for barbecuing stuff but will act as a little space heater if necessary. Also, make sure you have a little stock of things like herbs, garlic, olive oil, etc. I tend to eat off the land when I camp but I always have my basics in my backpack. I love camping so have a really good time. :)

Back