Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Howdy folks :wavey:

Sorry it's been a while since I posted but I see lots of happy atkinsers on their journeys:)

For those who dont know me, I've been maintaining a while and live low carb all the time (prob about 30g a day but gave up tracking last year). I love how I feel and the lifestyle and hate how carbs make me feel!

Wheat & some grains - tummy aches and boils (yuck!)
Carbs/sugar - lethargy and hunger...and weight gain!

Still enjoying the life but a summer of lots of vino with some dark chocolate and odd treat have me at the top end of my maintenance weight. Currently about 80kg which was my original target. I no longer really care about scales but the wobbly tummy caused by lack of exercise over summer has to go! Also some trousers getting tight & I refuse to buy more!

So thought I'd come and join you all to get down a couple of kilos and remove tummy wobble. Hopefully also show that living a low carb lifestyle is poss long term

Look forward to catching up with old friends and new:D
Xxx

Welcome back Katie, good to see you again, had been wondering how you were getting on. Look forward to catching up with you again :)

Hello Katie and welcome back.

nice to have you with us. Well done for maintaining for so long - it's great to see somebody keeping it up long term. X

Evening all

First dance class for 6 weeks today - exhausted about 10 mins in to it:) hopefully gets easier from here....

Dinner: Bbq chicken, brocollli & spinach so yummy. The bottle of vino was probably less useful .....oops.
Well DD back at school (tg) tomorrow so perhaps next week will have nice dry school nights lol

Welcome back, you will have the extra kilos off in no time.....well done on getting back to the exercise.

It's good to know this does work long term as I've been concerned by the amount of fat I'm eating everyone keeps telling me fat makes you fat so I am a bit worried

Evening all, hope you have enjoyed the last day of summer! Was a bit hot in my home office and rather wished to be a big office building with aircon:eek:

Anyway, got the day moving with a short class of Zumba on the wii. Lovely dinner of salmon baked with courgettes, peppers and baby toms - yum
DH has gone out for the last cricket nets of the season - so somehow missing out on my vino tonight - probably a good thing;)

Xx

Ah well - nets were cancelled last night so the wine happened anyway:)

Working today but managed to fit in lunchtime dance class - not as exhausting and started to feel better now I'm moving more.
BBQ veal I think for dinner plus looking forward to a lazy weekend...apart from the friends party tomorrow night:D

Hi kat1e, glad to see you back and on your diary, I loved reading through it before and will continue now you are back. Well done on maintaining all this time even if you out a few pounds on its still good that you have a hold of it. I've gone back to induction style too as I was starting to treat myself to carbier things and boy does it creep up on us. I mostly did this because I didn't feel well, feel quite ill actually but wonder if that's just my body sending fighting signals out to make me go back to my carby sedentary lifestyle...it's not easy. Looking forward to reading your updates :)

Thanks folks:)

Agree that sometimes it's worth just revisting what has become "normal" and recognising how easy it is for bad habits to creep up on us!

Anyway - we had a great late summer party last night. We were outside and most people shivering - i was fine as had tights, boots, sweater, scarf and coat. Very pleasant and warm:D

Although i dont normally pay attention to my eating as it's so normal now, one of my tricks in maintenance is to congratulate myself when i do navigate what could be a dangerous situation:

So great party - i had celery & humous ahead (not induction) to make sure i wasn't starving and then when dinner served about 9.30 had burgers with some cheese and a bit of chicken. Disappointed that the salads mostly had silly grains and junk in them. Had lots of wine:)

Big brownie points to myself for avoiding: peanuts (my trigger food), ALL the starters ie popcorn, crisps, mini bagels, mini muffins etc - lucky i had that snack hey! Obviously the bread not much of interest, sausages looked dodgy, salads too processed and then i didnt even bother look at the dessert table - but went and got a third burger instead:)

Feeling good this morning with not much to do - hopefully off to see my brother & family for tea as havent seen them since july!
Have a great day all
Xxx

Morning all:)

Right stake in the ground - it's monday so there's no excuse. No more vino until friday now we are back to normal pattern. Although i'm out for work do's both tues & wed there's no reason that fizzy water wont be perfect! That should help get a few pounds off;)

In the end we let mr chinese takeaway do our roast duck & deliver it - still to experiment another time:D

Have a great low carb week all!

Me too. I've had way too much over the last 3 weeks and it's resulted in no losses. Plus I feel really awful today! Fizzy water for me in the evenings and if I get cold I'll have a coffee.

Kat1e's Diary - a little focus needed!

I'm sure last week's loss was due to being very dry all week. So yes NMV will help with losses ladies

Back