Step 1 Sole Source Kate's Daily Diary

Hi Kate - I love asparagus! It all sounds yummy. I'll be 810-ing in a week, and I'm a bit daunted tbh. I'm going to work it all out this week, what is what, and what I'm allowed. Like you, I suspect it will all feel like a lot of food!

Hope you have a great week this week, you're doing so well :) xx

P.s. enjoy uni residential - I did one whilst preggers and had a fabby time. Enjoy time to yourself! Xx

So been here two days and managed to avoid both the catering and alcohol. Amazed at myself really! Having a great time and learning loads. The halls here are much worse than when I was at uni tho...it's like a prison cell...but even more basic! Ah well...it's good fun nonetheless. No weigh in til a week on tues as not at home and have no scales! Leave here on fri and go straight to the airport for a wedding in Poland, so hoping a couple more pounds magically disappear so my new dress isn't quite so snug around the boobage!

12 weeks on SS...57lbs down...28lbs to go! Just started Step 2...

Just realised how big my Cagoule is as got caught in a downpour...you honest could fit two of me in it now! Wow...in my head I still forget I'm not the size I was...nice reminders. :)

Kate that's fantastic - I had similar with a belt today - I need new holes put in to make the belt worthwhile ;) xx

Arrrrgh! Crashed off the wagon with 4 glasses of wine...I know it's illegal but am a student...tis compulsory right?! Stupid thing is I would have had as much fun without, but honestly...I loved them! Am not feeling guilty...and not convinced the rest of the week won't contain a few more. Sorry...just being drunk and honest! ;) no bad food tho...just red wine...which is good for me...right?! Til the hangover hits...eek! ;) xx

Aw I bet they were tinsy glasses Kate, and as you say, it is obligatory for students to have a glass or so ;). Hope the head is ok, and you get on fine today. Xx

Aw I bet they were tinsy glasses Kate, and as you say, it is obligatory for students to have a glass or so ;). Hope the head is ok, and you get on fine today. Xx

Head surprisingly ok. :) and we've submitted our project idea and it's been approved, so we now have an afternoon off. I'm not going to the bar tonight...instead have booked a spa session for later this aft/eve so that should be lovely. :)

Now here's a random musing...would the reaction of my colleagues on my uni course have been different to me if I was still the weight I was before starting Cambridge?? What would their impression be/have been and would they see me differently? Hmmmm...good job we have this afternoon off...am overthinking this somewhat! ;)

Awesome afternoon off...went to the spa and had a massage. :)

Kate - wow. I'm really looking toward to the day I can bare myself confidently for a massage. The last one I had I actually cried because I was so ashamed!

So pleased you had some delicious and well deserved me time - bet you slept well :)

Hope today has been a good one xx

Kate - wow. I'm really looking toward to the day I can bare myself confidently for a massage. The last one I had I actually cried because I was so ashamed!

So pleased you had some delicious and well deserved me time - bet you slept well :)

Hope today has been a good one xx

I'm so sorry to hear that cupcake. I bet you were beautiful even at your largest.

But I did feel totally different being smaller. And going swimming in a really busy pool and sitting in the steam rooms was a completely different experience. I have to admit I did a lot of surreptitious people watching and comparisons...not in a mean way...I wa just interested.

And for the first time ever I think I was about average size wise! ;)

K x

Kate, how lovely. To feel like that, and be able to see yourself so clearly in comparison to others. I shall follow your example today when I'm out, and see if I can 'see' myself in comparison to others. Amazing - thank you for sharing!

Hope that you have had a fabby time at your residential, it sounds like you have been learning an awful lot! And I bet your family have missed you! Xx

Kate - just read your entire diary, what an inspiration. I'm on day 12 and I'm allowing myself one treat salad a week on a Sat, just to keep me focused a d help me not fall off the wagon completely. Thanks for the great ideas for the BBQ too. Asparagus and courgettes on a big leafy salad with some BBQ chicken breast. We're going camping next week so I'm thinking ahead about my night off and plan to stick to the foods in step 2. Not sure I can avoid the booze though. How do you do it? I'm not a fan of soda water.
Great diary - gonna keep checking in for inspiration x

Kate - just read your entire diary, what an inspiration. I'm on day 12 and I'm allowing myself one treat salad a week on a Sat, just to keep me focused a d help me not fall off the wagon completely. Thanks for the great ideas for the BBQ too. Asparagus and courgettes on a big leafy salad with some BBQ chicken breast. We're going camping next week so I'm thinking ahead about my night off and plan to stick to the foods in step 2. Not sure I can avoid the booze though. How do you do it? I'm not a fan of soda water.
Great diary - gonna keep checking in for inspiration x

Thank you nat! Tbh I'm a bit all or nothing, so when I made up my mind to do ss I wasn't going to let anything stop me...and I knew if I even had a little bit of alcohol it would be a slippery slope! So I stuck to soda water. Don't know what to say if you don't like it tho... I think my mentality is that there is no famine...alcohol will still be there at Christmas and I'll look much better drinking it if I'm at target! ;)

Having said all that...I feel hypocritical as this week I have had three nights drinking as have been at uni summer school and am en route to a wedding. My food intake has been fine, in fact I've prob not eaten quite enough for step 2, but will be back on it properly on Monday. Best of luck x

So...back in the country, after my residential school and then a wedding in Poland. Had an ss day today after a weekend off. Weigh in tomorrow...if I have stayed the same as two weeks ago, I 'll be more than happy as although food wise have not been too bad, a ridiculous amount of alcohol has been consumed. X

Well official weigh in postponed til tonight as I have so much work to do, but a weigh on my home scales first thing says I have lost 4lbs over the two weeks. I tend to wiegh the same naked at home as i do on my cdc scales in light clothes. I'm pleased but a bit embarrassed tbh as I certainly didn't deserve to! Back on to step 2 today after an ss day yesterday..,completely through laziness...I didn't have the right food in to do step 2, so I just had three products as I couldn't be bothered to go to Tesco! Have now set a goal for when I come back from hols, tho...originally I wanted to stay the same but I want to lose a bit whilst we are away. We're self catering so shouldn't be too much of a problem. So exciting! :) x

Hello Kate! So glad you're back and you've had a fabby time - and well done for doing so well! I truly hope your CWPC scales are spot on! Just been to Tesco myself and survived a veritable orgy of doughnuts and milkshake drinks for the kiddiwinks ;)

Are you staying on step 2 now, or going for another 12 weeks? I'm on step 2 this week and totally loved my 2 scrambled eggs with 80g of tiny button mushrooms after the gym this am. I like having more to 'do' on step 2, but I've got so much to lose still I think I'm going to SS for another 12 weeks.

Let us know how the WI goes, take care xx

Hi cupcake...according to my official weigh in I lost 2 lbs, but that was at the end of the day so I'm happy enough. Few more inches off too. :)

Well done on surviving the doughnuts.

I've done ss the last two days to try to make up for the carnage of the last week and we're off to France with the family on Friday so will Prob ss whilst travelling then do step 2 whilst there as we are self catering.

Even though I was happy to drink etc when at my residential school and at the wedding...now I'm home the desire has completely gone. And hunger hasn't been an issue at all. Just shows how it's defo more to do with habits and mindset than what your tummy is 'telling you'!

K x

12 weeks on SS then 2 weeks step 2 (with a few intentional hiccups!!) but still..,60lbs down...25lbs to go!

Back