Kath's Diary

I've been looking for your piccies to Kath, any chance of you adding them to this thread....would love to see them. Angela x

Ok here are my before photos :)

Attachments

• Picture 350.jpg
    Picture 350.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Picture 352.jpg
    Picture 352.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 391.jpg
    Picture 391.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 25
And here are my latest ones which were taken after I lost 7 stone, but I've lost another 10lb since then and that top is too big now and jeans are a lot looser :) I was a 16/18 in that photo and I'm a 14/16 now. Oh and in the first photos I was a size 28

Attachments

• 7stoneback.JPG
    7stoneback.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 26
  • side7stone.JPG
    side7stone.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 7stone.JPG
    7stone.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 33
OMG Kath you look Super, Smashing, Gorgeous. What an achievement I am so proud of you. (Thanks for posting your pics for us here) Angela x

Kath -- as you know I have said b4,you're a true inspiration...thank you 4 sharing your journey with me...

btw, your friend ketosis will be here b4 you know it!

I am glad you enjoyed your weekend...and well done you for blocking out your satisfied binger:airquote: and controlling yourself according to your intuition and the presenting situation...sounds like you will be able to develop a healthy relationship with food in no time!

:wavey: Have a great day!!!

Kath -- as you know I have said b4,you're a true inspiration...thank you 4 sharing your journey with me...

btw, your friend ketosis will be here b4 you know it!

I am glad you enjoyed your weekend...and well done you for blocking out your satisfied binger:airquote: and controlling yourself according to your intuition and the presenting situation...sounds like you will be able to develop a healthy relationship with food in no time!

:wavey: Have a great day!!!

Thanks Nina :)

I am determined to have a healthy relationship with food.

I must check to see if ketosis is here yet :D I'm nervous about tomorrow's weigh in...I actually feel like I've lost some weight as my new size 16 jeans seem to be loose..I really must invest in a belt!!! I daren't even hope to have lost weight though..will have to see.

Kx

OMG! You look AMAZING!!!!! What a transformation!! Thanks for putting them up here :D What a difference! Can you see it as much as everyone else!! WOW!! Am stunned and in utter awe!! SO pleased for you. xx

Thank you :D

You know it's hard, I tell you times when I notice it, when I slip through a gap that in my head it's screaming 'YOU WONT' FIT YOU WON'T FIT' but I do without touching things...I notice it when I see myself next to someone else in the mirror. Mostly though I struggle with the new me lol - I say to my husband 'does this make me look fat?' he says 'no, because you're not fat, you're normal' :D

I met some ladies yesterday that are also going to Australia and they were gobsmacked I had another 2 stone to go and kept saying 'but you're fine, you're fine!'

I said 'ah, but you don't see me naked' :D

Thank you :D

You know it's hard, I tell you times when I notice it, when I slip through a gap that in my head it's screaming 'YOU WONT' FIT YOU WON'T FIT' but I do without touching things...I notice it when I see myself next to someone else in the mirror. Mostly though I struggle with the new me lol - I say to my husband 'does this make me look fat?' he says 'no, because you're not fat, you're normal' :D

I met some ladies yesterday that are also going to Australia and they were gobsmacked I had another 2 stone to go and kept saying 'but you're fine, you're fine!'

I said 'ah, but you don't see me naked' :D

It IS hard isn't it! I don't see the difference in me like others do at all! I still assume that I can't get through gaps so take the scenic route around chairs and tables.. but I still have a long way to go. I was talking to someone the other day who is gorgeous and slim and she's lost loads of weight, and she said that in her head she thinks she will always be a fat person. I can so understand that. In fact, her daughter tells her off if she sees someone slim and says "I would love to be like her"... because she IS like "her"!!

When I tell people I have to lose another 5 stone they are like "where from??" and I just smile and say - if you saw me in a swimming costume you wouldn't need to ask that!

You are SO close to goal now and you look absolutely fantastic! I think the hardest part is going to be the maintenance once there, but you know what, I have a feeling you are gonna be just fine - your resolve and determination isn't going to abandon you now and you are SO in control it's awe-inspiring!

Seriously impressed here! lol :eek:

It IS hard isn't it! I don't see the difference in me like others do at all! I still assume that I can't get through gaps so take the scenic route around chairs and tables.. but I still have a long way to go. I was talking to someone the other day who is gorgeous and slim and she's lost loads of weight, and she said that in her head she thinks she will always be a fat person. I can so understand that. In fact, her daughter tells her off if she sees someone slim and says "I would love to be like her"... because she IS like "her"!!

When I tell people I have to lose another 5 stone they are like "where from??" and I just smile and say - if you saw me in a swimming costume you wouldn't need to ask that!

You are SO close to goal now and you look absolutely fantastic! I think the hardest part is going to be the maintenance once there, but you know what, I have a feeling you are gonna be just fine - your resolve and determination isn't going to abandon you now and you are SO in control it's awe-inspiring!

Seriously impressed here! lol :eek:

Yes it's true I think I'll always be a fat person in my head too! Especially today, I'm having a very fat day today :eek:

I'm starving too - hopefully will be in ketosis tomorrow for my weigh in!!

I agree maintenance is going to be the tough bit isn't it, yes this diet is hard, damn hard some days but how many times do I hear myself saying 'when I'm off this diet'...well what does that mean, when I'm off this diet...I'm never really going to be off a diet am I. I'm going to have to be careful for the rest of my life.

That's a bit of a bummer lol :D

Yes it's true I think I'll always be a fat person in my head too! Especially today, I'm having a very fat day today :eek:

I'm starving too - hopefully will be in ketosis tomorrow for my weigh in!!

I agree maintenance is going to be the tough bit isn't it, yes this diet is hard, damn hard some days but how many times do I hear myself saying 'when I'm off this diet'...well what does that mean, when I'm off this diet...I'm never really going to be off a diet am I. I'm going to have to be careful for the rest of my life.

That's a bit of a bummer lol :D

Oh I HATE having 'fat' days!! It's like, every time you catch sight of yourself all you can see if flab and blubber and double chins... and you feel all bloaty and blerh!! :(

'when I'm off this diet' simply means... 'when I have to be totally in control of food again and not go mad and be careful forever'... it's just a short way of saying it ;)

It is a bit of a bummer, but hey, it's better than being 8 stone heavier innit ;) :D

Hang on in there - that ketosis magic will kick in again very soon! :D

Oh I HATE having 'fat' days!! It's like, every time you catch sight of yourself all you can see if flab and blubber and double chins... and you feel all bloaty and blerh!! :(

'when I'm off this diet' simply means... 'when I have to be totally in control of food again and not go mad and be careful forever'... it's just a short way of saying it ;)

It is a bit of a bummer, but hey, it's better than being 8 stone heavier innit ;) :D

Hang on in there - that ketosis magic will kick in again very soon! :D

Yes fat days are the pits lol, every time I went in my son's room (only one with a mirror in it) I'd catch a glimpse and think eugh, look at the size of you! I felt like a weeble (sp?!)

My son was asking me the other day 'oh mom, when can we go to pizza hut', NEVER was my reply! I really can't imagine ever having control over an all you can eat pizza hut buffet :rotflmao: Bless him, he's only 5 so never is a very long time :D He was most unimpressed!

Oh my gosh yes, I can't believe I'm nearly 8 stone down - do you keep saying to yourself 8 STONE, OMG! THAT'S A PERSON! It's a bit bittersweet really...when I tell people I can see the look of amazement in their eyes but I wonder...do I detect a note of disgust too..or is that my paranoid fat mind? Maybe in truth I'm a bit disgusted at myself for getting so overweight in the first place...but then what good are those negative thoughts doing me? No good whatsoever, that's a waste of energy and I must not think like that.

That was the old me, I'll never be that overweight ever ever ever again. This is a massive journey we're on and one we're not going to repeat is it ;)

My son was asking me the other day 'oh mom, when can we go to pizza hut', NEVER was my reply! I really can't imagine ever having control over an all you can eat pizza hut buffet :rotflmao: Bless him, he's only 5 so never is a very long time :D He was most unimpressed!

LOL, I know!! My Sarah went to pizza hut yesterday... I know I won't go in there again for a very long time... maybe never! He can go to his mates parties at Pizza Hut.. lol ;)

Oh my gosh yes, I can't believe I'm nearly 8 stone down - do you keep saying to yourself 8 STONE, OMG! THAT'S A PERSON! It's a bit bittersweet really...when I tell people I can see the look of amazement in their eyes but I wonder...do I detect a note of disgust too..or is that my paranoid fat mind? Maybe in truth I'm a bit disgusted at myself for getting so overweight in the first place...but then what good are those negative thoughts doing me? No good whatsoever, that's a waste of energy and I must not think like that.

I think there is disgust...(perhaps I am similarly paranoid!) but not from friends and those who new the 'before' you, but mainly strangers...and those who cannot comprehend what we looked like with an extra 8 stone on our bones.. and I'm with you on the whys and wherefores.. and , in fact.. as much as at the moment I am more than happy to tell people how much I've lost... I can feel that changing too.... I think that I will probably stop yelling it from the treetops very soon as I find myself thinking "gosh, is the most important thing about me my weight loss??" NO!!! It IS bittersweet... and 8 stone IS the weight of another adult (albeit a skinny one - lol)... and it IS shocking to think that we need to lost that much.. and also that there is more to go! But you are right, negative thoughts are NO good at all.. chuck em out.. concentrate on the positives! It IS a massive achievement and life will never be the same again - it might not be better, lol, but it won't be the same! :D

That was the old me, I'll never be that overweight ever ever ever again. This is a massive journey we're on and one we're not going to repeat is it ;)
Damn right!! I NEVER want to have to go through all this again - EVER!! I figure that investing this 12 months of regime will be the best investment for my health and wellbeing that I will ever do, but I ain't doing it to go back and regain and have to face it all again!!! Nope nope nope!!

WE'RE never going to repeat this! :D

Damn right!! I NEVER want to have to go through all this again - EVER!! I figure that investing this 12 months of regime will be the best investment for my health and wellbeing that I will ever do, but I ain't doing it to go back and regain and have to face it all again!!! Nope nope nope!!

WE'RE never going to repeat this! :D

Too right!!! This is a one way trip :D :D :D

Well I'm back from my weekly weigh in ...feeling a bit odd. I've lost 1.5lb which is fine considering I ate, I was happy to lose some....

So this week in my development group there was just me! No-one else there...I don't like it when there's just me as I don't know what to talk about :confused: Usually LLC says to go if there's just one but she asked me what she could help me with but I couldn't really think of anything.

I love my LLC, I think she's fab.....I don't love development, I hate the fact there's no constant group and I feel that it's not worth paying £66 a week for it when sometimes we don't get the counselling session because people don't turn up or give up :(

I'm hanging on and hanging on to do Management as I know I am going to need help when food is back on the menu full time.......I really want to do Management with my LLC....BUT...at the rate I am losing it will be another 2 months before I lose this 2 stone to get to management.

I discussed CD with my LLC as I'd really like to be CDC - I have recommended it to so many people as I don't think everyone needs the intensity of LL. However I can't be a CDC unless I do CD but then I'll miss out on the management sessions with my LLC. Although if I switch to CD I'll save a small fortune. My LLC did say I'd be able to do CD standing on my head so that did make me feel confident. Although I'm scared of cutting the apron strings from my LLC if that makes sense...

I know I know, I'm always on about switching, I can't help it, just gets to me some weeks when it's a crap (or in this case none existent) group.

This has unsettled me and what was the first thing I did when I got in? I saw a tube of mini eggs on the side..I opened them and sniffed..mmm they smelt good! I imagined getting a big huge handful and shoving them in my mouth, crunching and munching the crispy shell and chocolate. Then I put the lid on and put them in the cupboard. Now I didn't have any but what's this nasty little habit returning, feeling sorry for myself so wanting to stuff my face...hmmm.....scary stuff...it's taking every ounce of my willpower to stay away from the kitchen!

Hi Kath - you ought to be VERY VERY proud of yourself - you put them back! You did make the initial habitual turn to comfort food BUT BUT BUT you DIDN'T EAT THEM!!!! See now, to me, that shows control!!!! Previously they would be long gone!! Right?

So... another 1.5lb! Fantastic!!! AND you resisted mega temptation! Sooooo much respect for you!!

You will find old habits popping up - I started opening the fridge every time I walk in the damn kitchen!! No idea why as there's no freakin food in it anyway!! lol BUT.. old habits die hard - right?

BUT, the difference is, the beginning of the habit was there , but not the conclusion :D :D :D :D :D So... well done you!

CD is ace and a damn sight cheaper too, and some CDC's are the dogs doodahs.. (mine certainly is)... if you aren't getting your value for money from LL tell her how you feel, she's a counsellor.. and you are a client and a customer too... you are entitled to your money's worth at the end of the day.

Hope you get some straight thinking on it all and that this doesn't send you off on a wobbler.. you are just doing so incredibly brilliantly.. only a measly 28.3lbs to go! Next week you will ONLY have 1 stone something left to lose!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWOWOWOW!!! How fab is THAT!! :D

OH.. and STAY AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN!! Go to bed! night night :) x

OMG yes that's true - next week only 1 stone something lol, I like the sound of 1 stone something :D

Well I didn't eat the mini eggs, they are well and truly in the cupboard..I didn't eat the peanut butter that also keeps on telling me to just dip my finger in and have a little bit...I DID EAT ANOTHER HALF A BAR :eek:

Just made it into biscuits so I've had half a pack more than I should have done. Although...on Monday I only had 3 and a half packs so I justified it that I was owed a pack. Clearly I was not taking into account the carvery and fish and chips of the weekend when I decided I was owed the half a pack!!

But, I decided that if I was going to have something, better to just half some of my 'medication' so to speak. So half a pack over shouldn't cause me too much major damage.

Do you find the add a meal tough on Cambridge? I remember being jealous of the cambridgers with their meals every 4 weeks but now I worry that if I had a week of meals every 4 weeks I'd scoff my face :eek: Although, maybe it would help me stay in control with food whilst having some..it's a bit easier to stay in control when I'm sticking to abstinence but when I'm given a green light to eat I worry I will go mad :confused:

so I justified it that I was owed a pack. Clearly I was not taking into account the carvery and fish and chips of the weekend when I decided I was owed the half a pack!!

Hey Kath -- This made me laugh out loud -- cuz I think all of our chatterboxes are from the same country/town...how dare they assume that we deserve food...but well done you for not dipping in the PB/scoofing those mini eggs (which are for your DS)

btw, a half pack shouldnt do damage -- you apparently are learning how to quell the once overbearing wave of the chatterbox -- keep up the great work!!!

Back