Kath's Diary

hey Kath,

not sure if i can be of any help...but just wanted to post the reply which was in my head as i read ur dilema...

lots of our eating (or overeating for ppl who suffer from being unhealthy and obese) is paired with emotions -- both positive and negative...and its different fromperson to person...say my mom loves to celebrate with food when theire are social events, but I on the other hand use food differently...

it all goes back to how we can control our eating habits -- do you eat to live or live to eat? if you think that you're ready for managemet, then maybe you are...remember, we all have our answers inside, and for the past few weeks you've been struggling with the dilema of when to start management...yes, you (like most of us) need to learn how to have a healthy relationship with food...and thats where Dr. Phil (I think) fits in...:p

i agree with you that I too would have not started a VCLD unless I needed to -- all of us are here for that same reason --and we should all be proud at whatever stage we are at! so even at management you can continue to lose weight...do you think that you can hold out until only 1 stone left??

Hey hun,

How are u today? I hope things are feeling better for u :)
I'm working on making that magic wand so none of us have to do VLCDs! lol

Much love, chelle xx

Lol, ooh Chelle you could make a fortune on that magic wand :D

I'm good today, well good in that I'm quite happy sole sourcing again. HOWEVER, I do know that I can't. I simply can't do all this stuff in April and get through it on packs and water because I know I will only end up feeling sorry for myself and spoiling it for everyone.

I think my big thing yesterday is that it was mother's day - mother's day is when you get treated, wined and dined, bought chocolates and generally be spoiled rotten. So I was acting like a spoilt child and feeling very sorry for myself and throwing all my toys out of the pram. I was grumpy and snappy and hated everyone for eating food when I felt deprived because I couldn't.

What I have recognised though is this is exactly how I'm going to feel on my birthday, on my wedding anniversary, on my easter weekend away I'll be completely unbearable watching everyone eating and abstaining. I know I will.

I have to work out how I'm going to get around this. I am going to have to go into management earlier than I wanted to.

There's just not enough time left!

How you doing chick?

Kath x

p.s. Nina thank you for your wise words chick :)

Well I THOUGHT I knew what I wanted to do. I thought I was going to switch to management to get food back in so that I don't do too much damage on my weekends away.

I've spoken to my LLC....I sounded like a mad woman I think trying to explain it all :eek:

Quite rightly she tells me that management works if I do it properly, if I don't then I may put weight on and not maintain the loss........could I not just have my packs on these weekends away?

Honestly? I could BUT I DON'T WANT TO. Does that make sense to anyone? I am being 100% honest here, I could quite easily say to my LLC or myself even 'oh yes I'll do it 100% no problem but I know that's a lie because I don't want to sacrifice these last celebrations I have with my friends by sitting feeling sorry for myself because everyone else is eating and drinking and I'm on water! If I don't do it properly I'm going to gain weight....I don't want to gain weight. Catch 22 :confused:

So the long and short of it was that I said I'd start management Wednesday and do as well as I can on it....

Then I phoned my husband to tell him, he can't understand why I'm doing it.....he was quite annoyed actually that I'm going to switch to management and not just carry on and have the weekends off when I'm away. If I carry on for another two weeks I could lose up to 10 pounds he tells me - ah yes I say, but then when we go away I'll just put that straight back on because my body won't be used to food. So we kind of disagree rather grumpily about it and end the conversation....

Then I pop to see my friend and read her Cambridge book. Look at the steps when you work back up to food and saw there were a few foods you could have and stay in a mild ketosis. I start to wonder to myself...could I do that on some of the weekends I'm away? As best as I can manage? Maybe he is right and I should keep abstaining and just tackle the weekends as best I can for now until I get through April and early May....Surely there must be people out there on sole source that fall off the wagon some weekends and have some nosh and a drink but get back on it? I'm not saying I'll struggle to get back on it, I know I can do it.

Soooo now I'm thinking maybe if I try and find out which foods I can have that won't do too much damage. I wonder..can I do atkins at the weekends I'm away and not cause too much damage? That way I'd be sticking to abstinence probably 80% through April...oh gosh!

My head is all over the place. I'd appreciate any comments and especially from anyone who's done any of this.

Hey honey,

At the end of the day u can always come back to CD/LL when u've moved and do it that way .Sounds like management is the way forward for u. Just concentrate on having some fun and do damage limitation hun!!! But u MUST treat urself and get some sexy going out gear to show off ur fab new figure!!! :)

Have a good day!
Much love, chelle xx

Argh we crossed posted.... ! lol

The only thing I kno hun it how much I've struggled with SSing, and here I am almost 2 years along the line and STILL my goal is not within sight cos I keep faffing around losing and regaining the same 2 stones.
I would hate for anyone to go thru this, especially someone who has done soo well and has their target within grasp.

I kno how fed up u are from abstaining, but here is where I totally contradict everything I've said previously, if I were in ur shoes I would continue to do abstinance until ur nights out and base ur meals around protein and veg, then the next day straight back on packs until the next meal or event.
I'm only saying this because I can tell how much of a head-f**k this is and it becomes even more confusing when u want to eat but u want to be slim equally as much.
Only u can decide hun, and ppls advice is all too well but at the end of the day only u kno how much more ssing u can do. I believe SSing has a shelf life, only u kno if u've reached it.

Hope this makes some kind of sense lol!!

Much love, chelle xx

Argh we crossed posted.... ! lol

The only thing I kno hun it how much I've struggled with SSing, and here I am almost 2 years along the line and STILL my goal is not within sight cos I keep faffing around losing and regaining the same 2 stones.
I would hate for anyone to go thru this, especially someone who has done soo well and has their target within grasp.

I kno how fed up u are from abstaining, but here is where I totally contradict everything I've said previously, if I were in ur shoes I would continue to do abstinance until ur nights out and base ur meals around protein and veg, then the next day straight back on packs until the next meal or event.
I'm only saying this because I can tell how much of a head-f**k this is and it becomes even more confusing when u want to eat but u want to be slim equally as much.
Only u can decide hun, and ppls advice is all too well but at the end of the day only u kno how much more ssing u can do. I believe SSing has a shelf life, only u kno if u've reached it.

Hope this makes some kind of sense lol!!

Much love, chelle xx

Thanks Chelle - see I know twice now I've come off SS'ing and successfully gone back straight on it during this diet - so I know I can do that, I know I can have a weekend involving food and be able to SS straight back on. So now I'm thinking maybe this is what I should do - if I have a couple of weeks where it means I've gained a slight bit it'll be rectified the following week if I'm still ss'ing.

Hmm I believe Management is the most vitally important bit of this diet, and I don't want to mess it up. So maybe I should hang in there with SS'ing to try and get down to goal, albeit slower than if I was SS'ing 7 days a week. Then take on management when I can dedicate myself to it properly.

Easter weekend will be the absolute toughest as we are away for 4 days with the inlaws and they are already planning their bbq's! In a caravan there's nowhere to hide either lol. BUT, I could limit it couldn't I if I'm careful I could still participate in the bbq and maybe even have a bacardi and diet coke and not feel completely deprived.

Thanks for your words Chelle - I do appreciate it loads really I do. My head is a mess lol :D

Oh hun, I know all about the head being a total mess with endless diets!!!!
Why don't u simplify it and see how it goes? Like continue to SS and then eat on the events, then assess where ur head is at. U may well be worrying unnecessarily and it may all be totally fine! Sometimes talking & analysing things can add more stress and make it worse. Plus the beauty of ssing, is that ur stomach will have shrunk, and it's upto u to eat slowly and kno when to stop so that u feel that full up feeling. If u do that hun, I doubt very much that u will gain anything if u stick to protein and salad (every BBQ has em!). All easier said than done (ah I have the bloody t-shirt!) but I reckon u may find a path that will work beautifully!!

Thanks for indulging my ramblings lol!!!

Much love, chelle xx

Oh hun, I know all about the head being a total mess with endless diets!!!!
Why don't u simplify it and see how it goes? Like continue to SS and then eat on the events, then assess where ur head is at. U may well be worrying unnecessarily and it may all be totally fine! Sometimes talking & analysing things can add more stress and make it worse. Plus the beauty of ssing, is that ur stomach will have shrunk, and it's upto u to eat slowly and kno when to stop so that u feel that full up feeling. If u do that hun, I doubt very much that u will gain anything if u stick to protein and salad (every BBQ has em!). All easier said than done (ah I have the bloody t-shirt!) but I reckon u may find a path that will work beautifully!!

Thanks for indulging my ramblings lol!!!

Much love, chelle xx

Yey that's what I'm going to do Chelle, feels better now I've made that decision. I have never changed my mind over things so much in all my life! I have posted all over saying I'm going into management and I'm happy as I am blah blah blah.

Now look at me, saying I'll carry on SS'ing. I've gone loopy loo and round the bend :D

I reckon they put mind altering stuff in these packs :silly: :thankyou: :thankyou: [

Yup methinks so too, u wouldn't beleive the amount if times in a day I convince myself to try something else lol!!

Oh well, roll on 10st! lol

Soo happy u've made the right decision for u and u feel better about it, thats brill!!!

Much love, chelle xx

Lol, me too just lately - in my head I've switched to CD, weight watchers, GI, Rosemary Conley, Slimfast - ooh about a hundred times a day :bliss:

hey kath,

its ok to turn things over in your mind -- better yet, by writing it out we can all live with you!!!!

I am sure you'll be happy with the results...you are so close...you told me a few weeks ago that you were too close to stop now...and you're right!

great 4 you!!!

hey kath,

its ok to turn things over in your mind -- better yet, by writing it out we can all live with you!!!!

I am sure you'll be happy with the results...you are so close...you told me a few weeks ago that you were too close to stop now...and you're right!

great 4 you!!!

Thanks Nina, it's true I'm too close to stop now, I think that's really the root of why my husband was narky with me because it really is within my grasp!

Duh! I've just realised I'm due on - now I'm starting to notice a pattern. Every time I'm due on I get a strong temptation to lapse, don't realise why until I come on and then I'm like WOAH, that's it!

Soooo in future, I need to check when I'm having these rough patches and if they coincide with TOTM I can just ride the wave and know that it will soon be over.

Phew it's a revelation :D

hiys kath
in answer to your question, you can eat loads of protein and stay in ketosis, white meat or fish, green veg/salad
also pitta bread is quite low carb, you can also have cheese, ham eggs and not come out of ketosis, up to 20gs of carbs a day and you will not come out, basically atkins diet is what you would be aiming for but slightly less calories i.e 1000 a day, steer clear of fruit and coloured veg as have lots of carbs, try vodka instead of bacardi as it has less carbs, diet coke is carb free but may affect your ketosis a little if you can have coke zero its better, mayonaise is fine to have as a dressing
sounds crazy but it really does work
for what its worth i think you should stay on ss and just take the weekends off, you will get where you want to be faster if you stay on it methinks:)
hope this helps some
nat

hiys kath
in answer to your question, you can eat loads of protein and stay in ketosis, white meat or fish, green veg/salad
also pitta bread is quite low carb, you can also have cheese, ham eggs and not come out of ketosis, up to 20gs of carbs a day and you will not come out, basically atkins diet is what you would be aiming for but slightly less calories i.e 1000 a day, steer clear of fruit and coloured veg as have lots of carbs, try vodka instead of bacardi as it has less carbs, diet coke is carb free but may affect your ketosis a little if you can have coke zero its better, mayonaise is fine to have as a dressing
sounds crazy but it really does work
for what its worth i think you should stay on ss and just take the weekends off, you will get where you want to be faster if you stay on it methinks:)
hope this helps some
nat

Nat I love you!!! that is fantastic, I'm going to write that down to take with me when I go away so that I know what to stick to. That's ace I'm so happy now that I know I can be relatively normal.

Really I can't tell you how happy that's made me. I'm definitely going to stick to SS now and just have this stuff on the weekends that I'm away. I'll keep it as low cal as I possibly can. Shame chocolate doesn't keep me in ketosis, could've had a nibble on easter day :D

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Tried to send you some rep for that Nat but it wouldn't let me I'm not spreading myself about enough :D

ahhhhhhhhhh thats ok kath , no need for reps just makin u happy was enuff!!
some good things to have are
obviously chicken
tuna is so low carb its fab
pork also is great
turkey
scallops
cod
cheese
ham
pastrami is very very low carb
spring onions
leeks
cucumber
lettuce
cabbage
sprouts
broccoli
seasonings are ok but go lightly
mayo
glad to be of service:)

ahhhhhhhhhh thats ok kath , no need for reps just makin u happy was enuff!!
some good things to have are
obviously chicken
tuna is so low carb its fab
pork also is great
turkey
scallops
cod
cheese
ham
pastrami is very very low carb
spring onions
leeks
cucumber
lettuce
cabbage
sprouts
broccoli
seasonings are ok but go lightly
mayo
glad to be of service:)

Woohoo thanks so much! Just one thing I'm wondering..can I have mushrooms?

Oh actually 2 things. If I go out to the pub and they don't do coke zero do you know what the best drink to have would be so I can have a couple?

Thanks again :D

Off to eat my truffles I've just made with my pack, they are fantastic!!

Kath xxx

Back