Kath's Diary

Hey Kath, I am so glad that you resisted the temptation of the Mini Eggs, now that is willpower. Like you I have been thinking of switching from LL to CD. I have an appointment booked for my CDC in April. I will have finished foundation, and now that I know that the Management sessions aren't always as structured as they should be I don't feel so bad. I really like my LLC and over the past 9 weeks I feel I have gotten to know her better, she is GREAT! I just don't want to let her down by changing plans, I know she can help me further....but its such a long drive and so expensive (but hey worth it for the weight loss and maintenance). I wish you well Kath, I know that you can do this, you are strong, you have come so far....so just say bol**ks to the mini eggs (sorry if my choice of words offends anyone), and hurtle towards your next stone off! Angela x

OMG yes that's true - next week only 1 stone something lol, I like the sound of 1 stone something :D

It sounds fantastic doesn't it!!! :D :D and SOOOO close now!!

Well I didn't eat the mini eggs, they are well and truly in the cupboard..I didn't eat the peanut butter that also keeps on telling me to just dip my finger in and have a little bit...I DID EAT ANOTHER HALF A BAR :eek:

Hey, that's mega impressive!! GOOD CHOICE!! I couldn't have a jar of peanut butter within 10 miles of me!! lol You see.. you have control :D :D :D

Just made it into biscuits so I've had half a pack more than I should have done. Although...on Monday I only had 3 and a half packs so I justified it that I was owed a pack. Clearly I was not taking into account the carvery and fish and chips of the weekend when I decided I was owed the half a pack!!

:rotflmao: you made me chuckle with this.. lol.. the thing is.. we 'forget' such things ;) And anyway.. I'd have made the same calculation! lol

But, I decided that if I was going to have something, better to just half some of my 'medication' so to speak. So half a pack over shouldn't cause me too much major damage.

It won't have done any damage at all, it was a very wise choice to make. How do you make them into biscuits??? I've never done that!

Do you find the add a meal tough on Cambridge? I remember being jealous of the cambridgers with their meals every 4 weeks but now I worry that if I had a week of meals every 4 weeks I'd scoff my face :eek: Although, maybe it would help me stay in control with food whilst having some..it's a bit easier to stay in control when I'm sticking to abstinence but when I'm given a green light to eat I worry I will go mad :confused:

I love my add a meal. I enjoy every morsel!! I do scoff my face , well, no, that's not strictly true., I have my allotted amount of protein and then have too much salad and pickled beets etc. But to be honest, I'm not tempted to have anything very bad. It's weird. I know what I can have and I do increase the quantities (only on the veg side), which is probably why I lose about 2lbs following AAM weeks, but I don't have anything else. Never considered having bread or carbs or owt.. I just stick within the constraints of the diet.

The thing is, it's good practice for when maintenance arrives! Also for my holiday as Ailsa (my CDC) and I have discussed the practicalities of SSing in the caribbean! lol

So, no, I don't find AAM tough, I look forward to it, embrace it fully and go right back to SSing the second it's over. It's good practice of food control, although I need to work on portion sizes! lol I think that's always been my problem. Mega-portions!! Still, at least it's only salad bits nowadays ;)

AAM is not the green light by a long stretch, lol there are major restrictions. My taste buds adore it though.. which is why I go for pickled things because they are so strong in flavour. Sorry.. have waffled on way too much about this!!

Abstinence is FAR easier! :D No choices to make, no decisions :)

Hey Kath -- This made me laugh out loud -- cuz I think all of our chatterboxes are from the same country/town...how dare they assume that we deserve food...but well done you for not dipping in the PB/scoofing those mini eggs (which are for your DS)

btw, a half pack shouldnt do damage -- you apparently are learning how to quell the once overbearing wave of the chatterbox -- keep up the great work!!!

Lol, I can just imagine all these chatterboxes sitting together slowly starving cus we're not letting them have mini eggs :rofl:
Hey Kath, I am so glad that you resisted the temptation of the Mini Eggs, now that is willpower. Like you I have been thinking of switching from LL to CD. I have an appointment booked for my CDC in April. I will have finished foundation, and now that I know that the Management sessions aren't always as structured as they should be I don't feel so bad. I really like my LLC and over the past 9 weeks I feel I have gotten to know her better, she is GREAT! I just don't want to let her down by changing plans, I know she can help me further....but its such a long drive and so expensive (but hey worth it for the weight loss and maintenance). I wish you well Kath, I know that you can do this, you are strong, you have come so far....so just say bol**ks to the mini eggs (sorry if my choice of words offends anyone), and hurtle towards your next stone off! Angela x

Will you be near your goal weight when you've finished foundation? I still had a few stone to lose once I finished foundation that's why I moved into development. Personally, if you're going to be near goal weight at the end and your LLC is good then I would stick at it and do management with her. The management is supposed to be brilliant with a good counsellor, it's just development I struggle with as people can come and go in development and there's no structure, at least with management you're following a 12 week plan :) and the fee reduces every week too.

I should have checked your tracker before replying! But if you have a few stone to go then maybe you would be better switching to cambridge whilst you lose that - it's a tough decision to make that's for sure! :)

I love my add a meal. I enjoy every morsel!! I do scoff my face , well, no, that's not strictly true., I have my allotted amount of protein and then have too much salad and pickled beets etc. But to be honest, I'm not tempted to have anything very bad. It's weird. I know what I can have and I do increase the quantities (only on the veg side), which is probably why I lose about 2lbs following AAM weeks, but I don't have anything else. Never considered having bread or carbs or owt.. I just stick within the constraints of the diet.

The thing is, it's good practice for when maintenance arrives! Also for my holiday as Ailsa (my CDC) and I have discussed the practicalities of SSing in the caribbean! lol

So, no, I don't find AAM tough, I look forward to it, embrace it fully and go right back to SSing the second it's over. It's good practice of food control, although I need to work on portion sizes! lol I think that's always been my problem. Mega-portions!! Still, at least it's only salad bits nowadays ;)

AAM is not the green light by a long stretch, lol there are major restrictions. My taste buds adore it though.. which is why I go for pickled things because they are so strong in flavour. Sorry.. have waffled on way too much about this!!

Abstinence is FAR easier! :D No choices to make, no decisions :)

Hmmm..this is food for thought (might as well think it as I can't eat it :D) I am really really debating about this switch..I'll have to give it some serious consideration. If I KNEW I could come off LL and get to goal on CD, then switch back to LL to do management I'd be ecstatic and would do it but I just feel so cheeky to even suggest it to my LLC! And to be honest, if she said no I'd be mortified and wouldn't go back to her anyway as I'd be too offended :eek:

I need to really really think about this don't I.

You're right though, abstinence is far easier isn't it, takes away the stress of food mostly!

Cookies: Take a bar and cut it into 12 pieces or less if you want bigger biscuits.

Then put 3 pieces at a time on a side plate, cut side up and squish them onto the plate a little bit so that they are a bit flatter.

Then, stick in the microwave and cook for about 1 minute unless you have a high power one then do it a bit less.

Take them out and scrape them off the plate straight away and put them onto a COLD plate (they'll keep cooking otherwise). You can eat them warm and soft or leave them a minute and they'll go crispy like biscuits. Delicious with a black coffee.

Then just repeat for the rest of the biccies but best to use cold plates each time otherwise they burn :)

Cookies: Take a bar and cut it into 12 pieces or less if you want bigger biscuits.

Then put 3 pieces at a time on a side plate, cut side up and squish them onto the plate a little bit so that they are a bit flatter.

Then, stick in the microwave and cook for about 1 minute unless you have a high power one then do it a bit less.

Take them out and scrape them off the plate straight away and put them onto a COLD plate (they'll keep cooking otherwise). You can eat them warm and soft or leave them a minute and they'll go crispy like biscuits. Delicious with a black coffee.

Then just repeat for the rest of the biccies but best to use cold plates each time otherwise they burn :)

off to try this! ta! :D

Hey Kath, for some reason I thought you were in management. I have 4 weeks left in foundation, and still have 40 lbs left to go. So I will have to go in to the development programme. Sorry I misread your situation. Anyway you were still a superwoman to avoid all of those temptations. Stay Strong, Angela x

Hey Kath, for some reason I thought you were in management. I have 4 weeks left in foundation, and still have 40 lbs left to go. So I will have to go in to the development programme. Sorry I misread your situation. Anyway you were still a superwoman to avoid all of those temptations. Stay Strong, Angela x

No I've got a couple of stone to go - I've made a decision to switch to Cambridge...I'm so nervous about it! My LLC worked out it would probably take me another 2 months to lose this last 2 stone so that's at least 8 weeks...she also said she hadn't got another foundation group finishing for 4 weeks so there'd be no newbies coming into developmet and after there was just me there last night I was really disheartened. It's sad, I'll really miss my LLC she was ace and I would have loved to do management with her.

I do really really want to become a CDC though, it would be just fantastic to be able to help people lose weight like I have.

4 weeks left, so that's a month roughly and you could lose another stone...leaving you with 26lbs to go? Giving you a max of 2 months in development if you wanted to get to goal before management...

See how you feel when you get to the end of foundation :)

Kath xxx

Just HAD to post this as I'm doing this :D :D :bliss:

I had just opened the door to get something out the porch and the postmas was coming up the path so I waited and opened the porch to take the post off him.

He said 'I keep not recognising you' - I said :confused: Why? He said "well...I hope you don't mind me saying but you ain't half lost some weight, I keep looking and thinking nah that's not her, but it is, you look completely different' I said "yes I've lost 8 stone'

He said 'it's amazing, how have you done that you look great, not that you didn't before, but you look completely different and it's so fast'

So I said what I always say 'oh I did it on something that's like the Cambridge diet (no-one ever knows what I'm talking about when I say Lighter Life!) so just drinking shakes and that'

He said "I need to do something like that, I've really put some weight on since I hit my 20's and it doesn't shift despite all the excercise in this job" I said ooh well I reccommend it to everyone I think it's great, only another 2 stone to go..

He interrupted and said "2 stone, you don't need to lose any more, I mean you look really great"

Wooppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee How ace do I feel :D :D :D

whooooohooooo --- turning men's heads now eh???? great for you....and your self esteem -- now go on and reward your DH, if possible...let out your minx...

;) hope I havent offended you or made you embarassed by that coment-- but u do look great and should feel proud each and everyday!

BTW, wanted to share with you a momment last night which reminded me of an earlier journal entry you made. had some potato gratin in the fridge and opened it, sniffed it, and picked up a starchy piece to my tongue---- and guess what I thought about!!!! you and your journal entry how you just put that food away and went to bed -- I did that and felt so free!!!!!!!!!!:bliss:

i am breaking the ties with my chatterbox....and it feels gr8t!!

so when do u start CD??

whooooohooooo --- turning men's heads now eh???? great for you....and your self esteem -- now go on and reward your DH, if possible...let out your minx...

;) hope I havent offended you or made you embarassed by that coment-- but u do look great and should feel proud each and everyday!

BTW, wanted to share with you a momment last night which reminded me of an earlier journal entry you made. had some potato gratin in the fridge and opened it, sniffed it, and picked up a starchy piece to my tongue---- and guess what I thought about!!!! you and your journal entry how you just put that food away and went to bed -- I did that and felt so free!!!!!!!!!!:bliss:

i am breaking the ties with my chatterbox....and it feels gr8t!!

so when do u start CD??

Lol Nina I'm not embarrassed at all by that - my husband is at the pub at the mo though :D

Woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that's so great that you resisted the food, you know it's so hard sometimes - it's like slow motion isn't it :D Really really pleased you put it back and felt good for it, it's a really empowering feeling isn't it :)

Today my son has come home with a little easter goodie bag, mini eggs, creme egg, cornflake cake :drool: a caramel filled bunny! OMG IT WAS TORTURE lol - he tried a bit of his cornflake cake and said he didn't like it and left it on the side in the kitchen. I went in earlier and it was there staring at me so I had to put it in the cupboard out of sight - husband will eat it later no doubt :D Now there would have been a time when I'd have scoffed that in a second!

I bought some maltloaf for them today, why I've no idea because it smelt delicious when they were eating it, in fact I chased my son across the kitchen pretending to try and pinch it which he thought was hilarious :D

I've still got another half pack to have, think I might make a hot chocolate then go to bed.

I'm starting CD on Wednesday, I've had a look at the flavours and they do loads! I'm terrible when I have too much choice can never make a decision lol. I'm going to plan out what I want before I get there. Hope I like my counsellor! I'm going to really miss my LLC.

Hope you have a good weekend chick, keep up the brilliant work at battling that chatterbox ;)

Kath xxx

Ooh tell me how it goes :D

I sometimes do half a bar and save the other half so I can have cookies later ;)

I made some and the first batch last night were SO scrummy!!! Todays were a disaster - I set fire to the microwave and broke the plate. Not good.. but the second lot I put in for less time were sooooo yummy!! Thank you So much for introducing me to them! :D

Just HAD to post this as I'm doing this :D :D :bliss:

I had just opened the door to get something out the porch and the postmas was coming up the path so I waited and opened the porch to take the post off him.

He said 'I keep not recognising you' - I said :confused: Why? He said "well...I hope you don't mind me saying but you ain't half lost some weight, I keep looking and thinking nah that's not her, but it is, you look completely different' I said "yes I've lost 8 stone'

He said 'it's amazing, how have you done that you look great, not that you didn't before, but you look completely different and it's so fast'

So I said what I always say 'oh I did it on something that's like the Cambridge diet (no-one ever knows what I'm talking about when I say Lighter Life!) so just drinking shakes and that'

He said "I need to do something like that, I've really put some weight on since I hit my 20's and it doesn't shift despite all the excercise in this job" I said ooh well I reccommend it to everyone I think it's great, only another 2 stone to go..

He interrupted and said "2 stone, you don't need to lose any more, I mean you look really great"

Wooppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee How ace do I feel :D :D :D

hee hee hee This is fantastic! :D :D :D :D sooo pleased for you, its SUCH a good feeling isn't it! :D No wonder you are dancing around with a mega smile on your slim little face :D

Can feel your chuffed-ness (new word ;) ) coming through the screen :D dead pleased for you xxx

I'm starting CD on Wednesday, I've had a look at the flavours and they do loads! I'm terrible when I have too much choice can never make a decision lol. I'm going to plan out what I want before I get there. Hope I like my counsellor! I'm going to really miss my LLC.

Your CDC won't be like your LLC. If you've really struck up a relationship with your LLC it'll be hard to replicate it as she's been there for you for some time along with fraught journey of VLCD.

All I will say is, make up your mind as to the flavours you want, bring a list with you. You're CDC prefers that approach ;). She is darn good .... but will probably be different to your LLC I suspects.

I made some and the first batch last night were SO scrummy!!! Todays were a disaster - I set fire to the microwave and broke the plate. Not good.. but the second lot I put in for less time were sooooo yummy!! Thank you So much for introducing me to them! :D

hee hee hee This is fantastic! :D :D :D :D sooo pleased for you, its SUCH a good feeling isn't it! :D No wonder you are dancing around with a mega smile on your slim little face :D

Can feel your chuffed-ness (new word ;) ) coming through the screen :D dead pleased for you xxx

Hey lovely lady, just wanna send you a bit (((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))) - I've read you've had a nasty couple of days and have been trying to think of somethig comforting and inspiration to say...was thinking for ages last night but failed to come up with anything. You're an amazing person, you're on one of the hardest journey's of your life and you're doing fantastically - give yourself a hug and dust yourself down..keep fighting ;)

p.s. I love chuffed-ness that's an ace word :D

Your CDC won't be like your LLC. If you've really struck up a relationship with your LLC it'll be hard to replicate it as she's been there for you for some time along with fraught journey of VLCD.

All I will say is, make up your mind as to the flavours you want, bring a list with you. You're CDC prefers that approach ;). She is darn good .... but will probably be different to your LLC I suspects.

I'm really nervous about it! I really want to 'get on' with her if you know what I mean..will have to wait and see :)

Thanks for the tip about the list, I've been checking out all the yummy flavours you CD'ers have and I'm going to do a list and take it with me. I have sent her an email asking how long the appointment is and if it's ok to take my son for the first one as he's on school holidays. Wanted to know how I can pay as well as my LLC takes cards but I don't think CDC's usually do.

Anyway I'm rambling again.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone :)

Hey lovely lady, just wanna send you a bit (((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))) - I've read you've had a nasty couple of days and have been trying to think of somethig comforting and inspiration to say...was thinking for ages last night but failed to come up with anything. You're an amazing person, you're on one of the hardest journey's of your life and you're doing fantastically - give yourself a hug and dust yourself down..keep fighting ;)

p.s. I love chuffed-ness that's an ace word :D

Aww, thank you . Lots better today. Lot more cheery - must be the sunshine :D

Right then - we'll adopt chuffed-ness :D (will send off to the Oxford Dictionary bods! ) lol

Am sure you will get on great with CD - there are oodles of flavours and ways to make things! :D

Well I'm soooo happy - I've been to see my new CDC today and I thought she was ace, really liked her.

She weighed me and I weigh the same on her scales as I do at home, although I usually weigh lighter on my LLC's scales. But I'm ignoring the scale difference and just taking it as I've lost 5lb (I think it would've been a pound or 2 more on my LLC's).

So 5lb gone means I've now lost 8 stone and 3 pound - wohooooooo! :bliss:

I am so impressed with the flavours you get, I've had a broccoli and cheese soup today and I thought it was ok, not sure I'll have it again but it was different. Also had a peanut bar - OMG THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!! They're coated in milk chocolate I can't believe it!!!!!!

So I'm feeling very positive about switching to Cambridge and know I'm doing the right thing :)

I'm away for easter and have explained that I'll be eating, I'm going to try and be as good as possible and get straight back onto it on Tuesday :)

Now I'm off out for my friend's birthday but this evening will be strictly water and coffee, I can't wait to get this last 1 stone and 9 pound off.

Yes 1 stone and 9 pound, I can't believe it!!!!! To think I weighed about 22 stone when I started this in October and now I'm weighing in the 13's!

Sorry for barging in....im debating on changing to cd from lipotrim, how are you finding it......must look up what flavours you get......is there a link on here somewhere.

Well I'm soooo happy - I've been to see my new CDC today and I thought she was ace, really liked her.

She weighed me and I weigh the same on her scales as I do at home, although I usually weigh lighter on my LLC's scales. But I'm ignoring the scale difference and just taking it as I've lost 5lb (I think it would've been a pound or 2 more on my LLC's).

So 5lb gone means I've now lost 8 stone and 3 pound - wohooooooo! :bliss:

I am so impressed with the flavours you get, I've had a broccoli and cheese soup today and I thought it was ok, not sure I'll have it again but it was different. Also had a peanut bar - OMG THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!! They're coated in milk chocolate I can't believe it!!!!!!

So I'm feeling very positive about switching to Cambridge and know I'm doing the right thing :)

I'm away for easter and have explained that I'll be eating, I'm going to try and be as good as possible and get straight back onto it on Tuesday :)

Now I'm off out for my friend's birthday but this evening will be strictly water and coffee, I can't wait to get this last 1 stone and 9 pound off.

Yes 1 stone and 9 pound, I can't believe it!!!!! To think I weighed about 22 stone when I started this in October and now I'm weighing in the 13's!

So pleased you like your new CDC ;) :D

You've done sooo darn well honey. I'm proud for you.

((((hugs))))

Sorry for barging in....im debating on changing to cd from lipotrim, how are you finding it......must look up what flavours you get......is there a link on here somewhere.

Well I've switched today and I'm loving it! Just had a hot chocomint drink, I've got a carton of chocolate velvet in the freezer that I'm going to have as ice cream tomorrow and I went to my friend's house armed with my peanut bar whilst they ate florentines - mine looked at tasted better than theirs I reckon :D Really yummy and it's coated in milk chocolate! I'm amazed!!!

Oh and I had a tomato soup earlier, delicious. The packs are actually bigger than lighter life so more filling too :)

So pleased you like your new CDC ;) :D

You've done sooo darn well honey. I'm proud for you.

((((hugs))))

She's ace thanks CC :)

Aw fanks, you're doing brilliantly too, soon you'll have lost more than you have left to lose, that's a great feeling :)

((((hugs back atchya))))

Back