Katiebaby- back to Slim and save for the last leg of my journey

I don't know about the effect on weightloss - but i do know that at three packs a day, slim and save is not nutritionally complete (as we know CD is). S&S is nutritionally complete at four packs a day. If you have three, you're sposed to also have a multi-vitamin. So, if you are mixing it up with S&S (as I had to over the xmas period when i ran out of CD stuff), you should make sure you take a supplement as well.

Thanks so much for your advise :) but I'm not planning on mixing them I am
Swapping completely to slim and save. Would of started on that had I known it existed. my CDC is not very good and
Lives too far for me to go and not be getting what I need support wise :(

I have 4 packs on CD and s&s suggest 4 packs also along with vegetables from speaking to one of their support staff.

I'm so grateful to all your advise really I am
So glad I joined this forum without it I wouldn't have any support from anyone who knows this diet.

Katie, that makes sense then. To be honest even on CD I find 3 packs for SS alone is simply too hard going for me and I need the comfort of being able to have either the extra 4 pack on SS+ or the SS+ meal. When I successfully lost 2 stone in 2009 I did combine SS and SS+ in this way and I lost 2 stone in 8 weeks (September through to end of October). Back then I was also running ("run" in loosest sense of the word!)

Given you have come this far and are surrounded by "food" during the course of the day you'll do just fine which ever vlcd you do. x

understood.

tbh - if i wasn't so lazy and therefore tied to the tetras i might've done the same. will you start a diary on the S&S board? If you do, link to it here so we can find you.

I never thought about what I'd do about here... Might be an idea to start a diary there when I start. Just don't want to lose my support network here so I will post a link here too won't be till next week I don't think that I start s&s :)

Boooo i think you should just keep yr diary here!!!

HahH katie - laughing at the inlaws - cok hastarim? With Anne chasing you around with some donner meat and a kidney warmer!

You know Claire I just might ;) and like
It on there lol...

Oh yes i surprised the arent force feeding me bread at this stage lol she laughs when she sees me with my shakes she
Calls them çorba lol and says iç iç iç ;)

Kira said:
Katie, that makes sense then. To be honest even on CD I find 3 packs for SS alone is simply too hard going for me and I need the comfort of being able to have either the extra 4 pack on SS+ or the SS+ meal. When I successfully lost 2 stone in 2009 I did combine SS and SS+ in this way and I lost 2 stone in 8 weeks (September through to end of October). Back then I was also running ("run" in loosest sense of the word!)

Given you have come this far and are surrounded by "food" during the course of the day you'll do just fine which ever vlcd you do. x

Tell me about it have you seen how small the ready made shakes are? Only having three a day is hard but now i've done a week i feel that if i move up to SS+ i'll be failing myself :-(. X

jojoCD1989 said:
Tell me about it have you seen how small the ready made shakes are? Only having three a day is hard but now i've done a week i feel that if i move up to SS+ i'll be failing myself :-(. X

I feel the same, I am planning a SS+ meal for v day and I feel like thats a cheat, you are doing really well jojo

I understand where you ladies are coming from. That having an extra pack or Ss+ meal is like a cheat but it's better than caving I to something completely off plan. For me it was kept me going when I manAged to lose 2 stones in 8 weeks. You have to do what is best to keep you on track.

geenabee said:
I feel the same, I am planning a SS+ meal for v day and I feel like thats a cheat, you are doing really well jojo

Thank you hun!
And it's a horrible feeling isn't it! I know im losing weight already people are seeing that but i feel kind of trapped because of the plan im on! X

Well I admire all who can manage to SS (3 packs or 4 if they are over 5ft 8) as it is very hard even when ketosis kicks in. Keep going!

I asked my CDC about the 3 v 4 packs as I am 5 foot 7 and that extra inch can't make much of a difference. She said loosing weight is about consuming less calories than you are using in a day which is what kicks you into ketosis by reducing the carbs.

She also said SS+ is 3 plus 200Cal meal or 4 packs. SS is 3 packs and 4 if you are over 5 foot 8. (which is what the website says too) and she mentioned that she personally hadn't seen much difference in losses between SS+ and 810. However its widely reported the quicker you loose a high amount the harder it is to keep off when you return to eating normally. So I have decided to have 3 CDC a day and 1 S&S so I know my nutrition will be ok but I also get the extra "meal" in the evening as I really miss the chewing! Plus occasionally an SS shake as they have some nice flavours.

The problem is many people would like to mix and match I think but you cant talk to CDCs about it because its in their financial interest for you to buy product from them. They are never going to say its ok to do anything other than that and maybe (if I am being cynical) its the fear of "not getting the right nutrition" that makes people think they have to stick to one. If you read all the nutrition details which are available in full for both they show every part and you can compare and contrast and make sure you get the right amount of whatever you should have. It just takes a bit of research and a lot of reading up!

With SS you do need to have 4 or take a multivit so if you do want to mix it up its best to take a multi vit anyway I would think.

BTW - dont move your diary I like it where it is :) You can still read and post on s&s but you should stay here with us :) *gets possessive over new found friends* :D

Got my slim and save products today tried the Chocolate Truffa bar and the Chilli... and all I can say is WOW!! Its amazing to chew something after 1 week of CD... I have my WI tomorrow so I am hoping for a good loss :)

Will be ordering 2 weeks worth tomorrow thats for sure.. let my CDC know today that i wont be meeting her again.. she said ok good luck with the rest of your journey x

Hiya katie!! Ur doin soooo well so keep it up :) Xx

dont worry im sticking around :D Im on CD for another week yet anyway x

Are you leaving us Katie :( xx

Back