Step 1 Sole Source Katie's Diary : 5 & 1/2 stone to lose!

Well. . . very disappointing actually
Apparantly 5lbs up! Although my measurements have gone down 2 inches on my waist and bust, but up 1 on my hips?! WTF?!
I can only assume that maybe I gained a few pounds after my weigh in as I didnt actually start the diet until 2 and a half days later. So quite possible I had put weight on then, cos there is no way I could have put it on in 5 days not eating a morsel and drinking so much I may turn into water!
So I am now very upset and cross and all I can think about it is going and stuffing my face with chocolate and crisps.

But I won't. Cos we know that won't help! So just had a choc shake. . . got my litre of water next to me. . . Here we go. . *Hmph :'(*

Oh Katie try not to be too disheartened I kno it will b tough not to. Like u said your first weigh in may not have been accurate. Wipe this week out of mind and start over ?? Xxxxx

Yeah, Im gonna stick it out another 7 days and carry on as I have. . . No way I can put on weight is there?! Will keep you posted though, we have to stay positive right! :) xxx

Oh Katie I am sorry hun that you did not lose? I can only as you say put this down to the fact that you did not start your diet untill a few days after you got weighed? It may also have been if you had drunk copious amounts of water as you did not have your product and your body retained some of this water?

Well done hun on the inches!

I fully understand that you are upset and I know I would also be as you have been 100%! (sending you a hug!!{{}} )

Well done for being so motivated and not sabottaging the good work that you have done! Come on hun you can do this and we are here to support you!

Was it your TOTM?

I will catch up with you later hun x

Well. . . very disappointing actually
Apparantly 5lbs up! Although my measurements have gone down 2 inches on my waist and bust, but up 1 on my hips?! WTF?!
I can only assume that maybe I gained a few pounds after my weigh in as I didnt actually start the diet until 2 and a half days later. So quite possible I had put weight on then, cos there is no way I could have put it on in 5 days not eating a morsel and drinking so much I may turn into water!
So I am now very upset and cross and all I can think about it is going and stuffing my face with chocolate and crisps.

But I won't. Cos we know that won't help! So just had a choc shake. . . got my litre of water next to me. . . Here we go. . *Hmph :'(*

I would hazard a guess at something being wrong with your CDC's scales. You would have had to put on about 10lbs in the 2 days following your first weigh in to end up 5lbs over. Keep with it and see what the scales say next week, if it's dodgy again I would suggest a new CDC as opposed to a new diet xxx

Yeah bit weird. I had a think about it earlier & one logical guess could be she wrote 16.3 when it was meant to be 16.13? Cos then i would have lost five pounds. Altho i dont like knowing i was maybe 16.13! Heaviest of my life!
Will plod along & see what happens :) xx

That does sound like a plausible explanation, there's absolutely no way you could have put on 5 lbs, even if you went mad in the 2 days following your first wi. So, it's gone, 16st 13, never to be seen again, onwards and downwards!

That does sound like a plausible explanation, there's absolutely no way you could have put on 5 lbs, even if you went mad in the 2 days following your first wi. So, it's gone, 16st 13, never to be seen again, onwards and downwards!

Very true!!
So glad I started a diary and got involved on here, I think without this I would have given up already. Really helps having so much support! xx

Iv struggled today but think its psychological after yesterday. I want this week to go fast! Lol. How was ur day hun? See u were
working over my way, i work in guildford :) lovely surrey! Xx

Iv struggled today but think its psychological after yesterday. I want this week to go fast! Lol. How was ur day hun? See u were
working over my way, i work in guildford :) lovely surrey! Xx

Hi Hun, sorry you were struggling how you doing today? I know I find myself wishing the week away till weigh in day!

Yes been on Surrey what do you do for work? Do you live in Surrey?

How has your day been?

Theresa x

I live in Aldershot which is just on the border of Surrey/Hampshire. Im a call handler for Surrey Police, one of those lovely calm voices that say "Police, whats the emergency?" Haha, stressful job but quite rewarding. The shift work not so much for my waistline!
What do you do for work?
Today has been ok - felt hungry today but tried to up my water intake and seemed to help :) x

I live in Aldershot which is just on the border of Surrey/Hampshire. Im a call handler for Surrey Police, one of those lovely calm voices that say "Police, whats the emergency?" Haha, stressful job but quite rewarding. The shift work not so much for my waistline!
What do you do for work?
Today has been ok - felt hungry today but tried to up my water intake and seemed to help :) x

Yes I know Aldershot have been there a few times for work! Wow interesting job Katie! I bet it is stressful but also rewarding! I used to be shift work and am really pleased now work days!

I am head of a referrals team for a care company I also am head of marketing, it's very pressurised and I work in Loughton, Essex which I about an hour and a bit drive! But I also go to various social services offices to meet with head of social services and commissioners to talk about finances etc. I love my job and although work long hours it is rewarding!

I have felt hungry today but that's my own fault I only took a bar with me today so have had to have my other two products and SS+ meal tonight on top of each other!

Yes really enjoy having hit water with water flavouring I am a bit addicted! X

Ah that sounds good, I really want to move from my job into Social Services but other than my current job I dont have qualifications for it, so looking at compacting my hours into 12hr shifts instead of 9 and trying to get one day a week where I can study either at college or home learning. I regularly have to liaise with social services and care homes and I always get really involved and passionate about some cases and then get frustrated I am stuck in a call centre lol.

I got some scales from my nan yesterday just to see what's going on, and according to them and the last time I weighed on hers, I am down 11lbs in 9 days so I feel much better now!

You got much planned for this weekend? xx

Anyone uploaded pics of themselves on here yet? Iv put a few on my profile, its weird seeing yourself at so many diff sizes over the years! Cant wait to get a new photo in June of a small me! Haha xx

hi i was wondering is it ok if i drink the coffee bean and tea leaf's vanilla drink (sugar free!) and belgium choco drink (also sugar free!) in between my CDs?? just to keep me moving..i have been on yo-yo CDs for past 2 years..only manage to stick on good diet for 4 months as i was training for half marathon..after its over..sadly so does my diet..:( now im 90kg 10kg more than i first started..:(during those 4 months my weight goes down to 65kg..

not sure really, you cant drink diet drinks such as diet coke, i think cos of the citric acid but may be worth checking with your CDC, they should know? You can have black tea / black coffee with sweeteners (tablets only not granulated) and fruit teas and green tea x

hi Katie..how are you doing so far..? ..thanks for replying..im melissa and from Malaysia. I did my undergradate studies in UK.im on day one of SS (sole source). Its 10/2 here in Malaysia. On Wednesday i plan to go for 20 minutes sauna to remove water retention and speed up the ketosis effect..

Hi Melissa. Wow Malaysia, thats cool :) Do you have a counsellor that you get your products from? Easiest way to get into ketosis is to stick to the plan 100% - no cheats, no added sugar anywhere etc. And make sure you are drinking lots of water - 2 litres a day is recommended, more if you can manage it. It gets annoying having to keep running to the toilet though! Key phrase to remember - "The more you drink, the more you shrink!"
How much weight do you have to lose? x
I am on day 10 and according to my scales at home I have lost 14lbs / 1stone x

Back