Katies Diary & General Rambling

Loving that post Katie! You and spangling along lovely there....

Don't worry about Sicily. On day 4 you'll do an exercise that helps you plan for when you need to be a but flexible.

Did you have a nice doggie walk?? Xx

Yes thanks Hun but me n pooch in bed now as feeling really queasy. Had chicken and had lots of water but wretched trying to eat mousse and had to key down feel yuck but just gonna lye here and see how I am tomoz xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 3 of spangle even though I continue to feel like death and can't get out of bed and am desperately trying to sip water. Husband going mad cos he says the diet is maki me ill and he's worried. To be fair I am worried too feel so nauseous it's unreal.
However as I am committed not interested in losing weight I am going to stick to the plan even if it's from this bed I tell ya. Planned to go for a walk later and somehow will do that. Think I am going to have a brew or can of dr pepper zero see if it perks me up but I am not going to let this stop me. When I get home tonight shall check ketones and if day 4 still bad I will email CDC for advise.

Have you ventured out of bed yet?

It sucks when you feel sick/queasy/like death warmed up, but I kind of think thats the point, which if you push beyond you come out of the other side feeling like a billion dollars, ok so that was a bit OTT but you feel better.

Hubby's concerns are always valid of course, but he probably thinks this is "un-natural" or too "extreme" just push on through girly, get spagleing!!!

Hi am home from Wales feel like poo still hardly drank a thing or a shake. My boss emailed saying she's coming out with me Friday so have emailed CDC to see what to do xxx

Coming out with you??? Where are you going???

I wonder if it is something to do with your blood sugar levels, you are not diabetic or anything are you?

My own idea is....its the fluid!!! If you are not doing the 2.5lts a day you tend to feel like poo. But by the time you are dehydrated, you cant face thinking about drinking that kind of water!!! Maybe try some soda water.

I hope you are ok hun, safety first...but if you can DRINK MORE, and re-evaluate tomorrow.

Day 3 of spangle even though I continue to feel like death and can't get out of bed and am desperately trying to sip water. Husband going mad cos he says the diet is maki me ill and he's worried. To be fair I am worried too feel so nauseous it's unreal.
However as I am committed not interested in losing weight I am going to stick to the plan even if it's from this bed I tell ya. Planned to go for a walk later and somehow will do that. Think I am going to have a brew or can of dr pepper zero see if it perks me up but I am not going to let this stop me. When I get home tonight shall check ketones and if day 4 still bad I will email CDC for advise.

Katie - I gotta be honest and say that I don't think you should be feeling that poorly. In fact, the former nurse in me is wondering whether you're properly over that UTI you had. :(

You really shouldn't be feeling that sick. Yes - getting into ketosis is hard, the rumbling tummy and headaches can be tough, but it shouldn't be making you feel like death.

Have you got a temperature? Might be worth checking, if you've got a thermometer in the house.

Just a little bit worried about you, okay? :hug99:

Last edited:
I mean my boss is shadowing me for the day and has given me very little notice indeed eek.
Lily I as a nurse and re starter know this Isn't right. My urine sample has come back fine and dandy as they sent it to the hospital but I have had glandular fever since Xmas but have done a fortnight of ss and been fine. CDC has suggested if I am not ok tomorrow I go up to plan 3 and work my way back down grrrr.
It's only today I am struggling with the water cos I feel so bad day 1&2 I was having 3 litres a day when I started feeling like this. The thought of doing plan three is depressing to be honest. What do u think Lily? Xxx

Have you managed all your shakes and had enough water today? If you have, then I think the best thing you could do for yourself is have an early night - maybe dose yourself up with a couple of paracetemol first if you're headachey to make sure you sleep well.

And then see how you feel in the morning. If you're still feeling awful in the morning, then I think going up to a higher plan has to be a good idea. I know it sucks, I know how much you just want to get on with this - but your health really does have to come first, hunni. :hug99:

But hey - you might find that a good night's sleep does the trick and you feel much better in the morning. Glandular fever's the pits, isn't it? I had it in my early 20s and I seem to remember I felt rubbish on and off for months on end. It does get better in the end though, honest.

Here's sending you loads and loads of feel much better soon vibes :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Thanks Lily have had my water a bar one shake some skimmed milk and some chicken (300g in total throughout day) as easier than having another shake. I have done nothing but sleep last few days. Was talking to my husband and he said he thinks I am more bothered about my ss friends lol but told him lily is here and she isn't on ss hehe. Watching apprentice in bed with i pad on my pillow like a saddo. I took some kapake before to help my head btw. Thanks ever so much xxx

You know what Katie...I am inclined to think, forget what anyone else says or thinks. This is your body. You dont have to endure torture, you dont have to feel like crud. Its not fair.

I think in the past, I have done SS+ and 810 and I always felt a bit rubbish too, especially since I was never focused on my water intake (its always been a hotspot for me) I am no expert, but the effects of ketosis, the energy, the feeling of wellness (and some may say slight giddiness) are a major factor as to why I am not feeling all crashy. Normally by now, I would have well given up the ghost, I would have been like...oh well, I have been good all day, so I will just eat something, that something would lead on to a cup of coffee with cream and I mean a desert spoonfull, or I would have a soya latte to take on the train with me when I was off on my travels and every time, I would get hit with the missery's. THEN I would just go off it, and eat chocolate and anything else in the faux hope it would lift my energy. It never did, I would get a tiny peak and then CRASHHHHHH. And it would all continue. Over and over again.

This shouldnt be making you ill, this should be giving your body some time to stop having to work so hard digesting carbohydrate and turning it into energy. This should be the part of SS where you move into a phase of feeling well, the golden era before the fatigue of being on it for 12 weeks.

I know you dont want to stop hun and I for one (and so are many others by the looks of things) am rooting for you. But you have to put you first.

BIG HUGS

nat

Thanks Nat. Am gonna see how day four starts tomorrow and if ketosis makes a difference or not if it's kicked in. Will keep you posted tomorrow on my progress. Does anyone have a copy of plan three book or can copy n paste it on here I just realised I only have one two n four eeeek. Xxx

Ive got one somewhere...will go and dig it out.

What about looking at some atkins type of foods - I know 810 is a bit like that, but atkins will help you stay in ketosis. Swap your milk for single cream (not masses like me mind) and have poached eggs on a bed of steamed spinnach for brekkie (if you dash a bit of paprika on the top its lush) then have some tuna and olive green salad for lunch and an egg white omelette for dinner before 6pm- then have your shakes inbetween and one before bed. Sure your calories will be higher, but maybe thats what you need for now.

Did you phase yourself into SS??

Well when I did ss+ a month ago I didn't phase it in and didn't this time either. If I don't feel better I will start adding in foods I think and see how I go. Gp will prob wanna take my bloods again god I hope it's not glandular fever related or I will be pee'd off xxx

Its time for a PMA - Its not glandular feaver (which I had for about 6 months I am sure) Its not glandualr feaver - say it after me.....its not....

seriously Katie, I hope you are alright and I ask the great dieting gods to come and support you over there, and prey you wake up tomorrow feeling fabulous!

Nat

Blooming heck. You ok? I do agree with being committed but worry that you are feeling so I'll. Be careful....x

Hi Guys
Went to GP first thing and had bloods taken. Am not in ketosis which is worrying on day four and no signs of a uti but I do have a temperature and swollen glands which indicates with my other symptoms that it's the glandular fever possibly brought on by the uti and the body not having time to adjust with stopping n starting ss/ss+. So am awaiting blood results which he's sent as urgent and come off ss/ss+ for now until I am 100% again but am still staying here and following CD on a higher plan. Weirdly having had a weetabix this morning and some chicken this lunchtime with salad I feel more perky already don't get me wrong tho I still don't feel right. Have managed to bake a cake for my friends birthday though with a few rests in-between and not even tempted to eat any. Oh and have lost 3 pounds so far.
So I shall stay committed and focussed and am about to read my spangle of the day now.
Thanks for your concerns everyone and don't forget me now I can't ss+.
Xxx

OH NO...It could be glandular fever.

Dont you even worry about it, who needs the narrow B road when you can cruise along on the A55?

Just keep on spangling, and pick a plan that you can stick with. I personally know I struggle with portion sizes and with snack attacks, so I tend to try and keep it low carb for that reason. But low carb is bound to affect your liver kidneys etc.

I hope you dont get too down, this is just temporary - so dont throw the baby out with the bathwater ok?

Hi Nat.
I am staying focussed and positive don't worry. Gp suggested slimming world cos I need a good balance of protein n carbs. He is ringing me tomorrow when he gets results. Have lost three pound since Monday so Its not all bad xxx

No that's ace! Really good news. Have you done SW before? I dont know why but It never really worked for me. Its the amount of food that you are supposed to consume I think!

Back