Katies Diary & General Rambling

My husband is doing slimming world more to maintain than lose weight so I cook loads of sw stuff for him. Need to have a think over weekend once got tomorrow over with. Going to try and avoid the bad carbs like bread etc cos hate that bloated feeling and u don't get that with CD. Hopefully won't be for long then can ss again. What I don't want is to just go on a rampage n then have even more to lose when I come back to ss/ss+. Just means it may take longer to get to my goal xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey lady....had any results yet? Hope you are ok?

Loving Nat's advice re Atkins.....marvallous xxx

Thinking of you xx

Hi Jo

Yes it's the glandular fever. Been really good on higher plan just substituted a couple of things for different proteins and have lost 7 lb in a week of doing that. Can't complain. I am sleeping loads and my White blood cells are really low but other than that I am not too bad.
U ok getting back on it Jo? Xx

Hi Jo

Yes it's the glandular fever. Been really good on higher plan just substituted a couple of things for different proteins and have lost 7 lb in a week of doing that. Can't complain. I am sleeping loads and my White blood cells are really low but other than that I am not too bad.
U ok getting back on it Jo? Xx

I thought it would be from what you were saying.....you poor thing!

7 pounds in a week is amazing......well done :)

Thinking of ya!!!!!

Xxx

Cheers Jo and am not going anywhere. I am pleased I just switched plans would have been easy to just go off the rails xxx

It would have been the easiest thing to do....especially when you feel all pantsy pet xx well done for digging your heels in!!! X

I know and I can't believe how strong u r at stopping n starting. Have u weighed at home? Xx

I know and I can't believe how strong u r at stopping n starting. Have u weighed at home? Xx

Do you know what, Katie.....it is not as hard as those first 3 days. Strange. I think reading Linda Spangle really helps to be honest.

Am going to have a 100% time between now and the 15th when I go out for a posh team dinner. Will make good choices. May have a night off at the ball on the 17th.

I wouldn't be able to plan like that without Linda

Now, you.....get tucked up and rest. How you feeling today??

Xx

Well I got up earlier today which is a start I suppose lol. Feeling ok other than doesn't take much to make me sleepy really. Just doing some work watching cricket and having two mad labradors bounding around lol. We have our friends lab from same breeder ni Scotland and he is so different to Holly he is mental xxx

Ok so it's Friday of week two on plan four and the last 24 hours have been a major test. Basically we are looking after our friends black Labrador along with our own. What was once a peaceful house with one petite ballerinaesq Labrador is now a bleeding madhouse. He has driven me to distraction with his boisterousness and the only saving grace is he's house trained. I have on the table in a carrier bag 2 packs of club biscuits, 2 boxes of ritz crackers and 6 packs of seabrook crisps all for my grandad whose in a nursing home and quite frankly he is where I get my obsession for good and dieting from then not following it through but I digress. So last night after said black lab brings in a very bloody fatty knuckle bone n drops it on my brand new beige carpet I lost the plot. I stared at those crisps and was pacing round them ready to pounce. I then grabbed my phones and i pad and legged it upstairs and into bed and hid under the covers. Ny husband thought I was deranged. Especially when I said I was hiding from the cheese n onion crisps. But I did not come back downstairs and managed through the night. Then this morning I was in such a rush to drop the dogs off at day crèche (yes it really is called that) that I forgot to take my breakfast to the airport hotel I was at for the day. I walked in to a plate of 55 warm chocolate cookies in front of me (I did indeed count them) and instead of having any I asked them to bring me an omelette and a similar theme continues throughout the day Inc more cookies, hot bacon buttery rolls blah blah blah. I am now home and feel a sense of relief that I am safe again. But I need to be more prepared for this as spangle is the only thing keeping me sane and focussed on my goal and well I can't hide in my house for the next six months.
Anyway I just felt the need to write this down as it's been a challenge but for once I won not the food phew xxx

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO katie!!! I totally feel your pain. But well done you. Spangletastic. Its great that you swerved all those major food obstacles on the road!!! Did you write them down in your notebook :)

I am having a really testing time too, but I'm still trying to stay on SS (despite caramac-gate)

I am trying to have a do it day today, so I have scubbed the rug from the lounge, done a pile of laundry, steamed my sofa's and now I am off to feed my dear old nan chinese take-away - thankfully not my vice. I am however staring at Alara happily snacking on a mini donut ...Its making me salivate!!!

When do you next weigh in?

Oh donuts mmmmm. I WI on weds now instead of Monday's. Scales not shifted since weds so far so am hoping they do soon.
Been to nandos tonight and had chicken no skin and a green salad with balsamic like a good girl and then I left before I saw any cheesecake. I have been writing it all down. Got given a diary for emotional intelligence self coaching and have basically just written spangle stuff in there. It's meant to be for work but as far as I am concerned when I am dieting that takes over my existence so there haha. God help me if I have to hand in lol.
I can't clean upstairs other than bathroom due to plastering etc being done so the lounge dining room kitchen and bathroom have been done daily as a distraction.
Tis weekend am gonna go walking as long as we get no more hailstones and lightening. My dads lounge set on fire as lunge ing hit his chimney and all his sockets shot out of the wall and were scattered around the room on weds eeek.
Anyway Nat I have a new theory if all else fails I am having a tape worm what u reckon? Eat all the **** u like and it takes the energy and cals from it lol. Only joking am gonna keep going. Have been writing food plans in my diary too so I don't get bored of eating same thing and so I shop in advance instead of ending up hungry and eating rubbish.
Are you back in ketosis yet? Xxxx

Ok so it's Friday of week two on plan four and the last 24 hours have been a major test. Basically we are looking after our friends black Labrador along with our own. What was once a peaceful house with one petite ballerinaesq Labrador is now a bleeding madhouse. He has driven me to distraction with his boisterousness and the only saving grace is he's house trained. I have on the table in a carrier bag 2 packs of club biscuits, 2 boxes of ritz crackers and 6 packs of seabrook crisps all for my grandad whose in a nursing home and quite frankly he is where I get my obsession for good and dieting from then not following it through but I digress. So last night after said black lab brings in a very bloody fatty knuckle bone n drops it on my brand new beige carpet I lost the plot. I stared at those crisps and was pacing round them ready to pounce. I then grabbed my phones and i pad and legged it upstairs and into bed and hid under the covers. Ny husband thought I was deranged. Especially when I said I was hiding from the cheese n onion crisps. But I did not come back downstairs and managed through the night. Then this morning I was in such a rush to drop the dogs off at day crèche (yes it really is called that) that I forgot to take my breakfast to the airport hotel I was at for the day. I walked in to a plate of 55 warm chocolate cookies in front of me (I did indeed count them) and instead of having any I asked them to bring me an omelette and a similar theme continues throughout the day Inc more cookies, hot bacon buttery rolls blah blah blah. I am now home and feel a sense of relief that I am safe again. But I need to be more prepared for this as spangle is the only thing keeping me sane and focussed on my goal and well I can't hide in my house for the next six months.
Anyway I just felt the need to write this down as it's been a challenge but for once I won not the food phew xxx

Katie, this is such an epic story of managing the urge to eat to fill a void. You did it. Amazing. 55 warm chocolate cookies and a deranged Lab are no match for our Katie on a mission!!!:massmoon:

Got given a diary for emotional intelligence self coaching and have basically just written spangle stuff in there. It's meant to be for work but as far as I am concerned when I am dieting that takes over my existence so there haha. God help me if I have to hand in lol.

Aha!! But therein lies the strength.....doing all this and winning is so connected to our success in every other sphere of our lives. It is all about goal-orientation, tenacity and the ability to manage our impulsiveness. wow, Katie xxx

Katie's got it in her head
That crisps can't find her bed
In Nando's she's a perfect saint
But naughty canines make her faint
Glandular fever may delay
But not by doing katie's way
She passed the biccies and the buns
And inspired her fellow CD chums
Go! Go! Katie, you'll not blow it
You'll be at target before you know it

Mwah xxxxx

Oh I love the poem it's super. Bit miffed as scales not moved since Wednesday but am plowing in regardless in the hope they will just jump a few pound overnight haha xxx

Katie - Ingore those bloody scales. They are liars :) Do you feel any different physically????

I weirdly never left ketosis ville, even after the incident where I became aware I was stuffing caramac into my mouth! I dont even know how that is possible.

I am sure the pounds will come off again, even 1 or 2 would be great wouldnt it, mean you had 8 last week :)

Have a lovely day and I hope that naughty marly and me like pooch is behaving!

Thanks Nat. Thank god hubby is home as dogs are much calmer now and not all left to me either. He wants to keep buzzy he says. He goes home in morning tho so we are back to a family of 3 and going on a big canal walk tomorrow. Think am not getting my 12 hours sleep a night I need (glandular fever = need big fat sleeps) so am just over emotional n dwelling on things. Am watching 'so u think u can dance' thinking mmm if only I was slim n fit like them lol. How's the little one doing Nat is she ok? Xxx

Indeed she is back to her minxy little self!!!!! Thank you for asking.

Its poo that you still feel terrible, when I had glandular fever at uni, I was wiped out for 6 months or more and that tiredness just made me cry all the time. I had to defer a year in the end because of it.

You know what, I bought Zumba for the Wii when it came out - oh about 2 months ago, but never go around to doing it (you know, because I am OH SO BUSY :)) anyway, I did it today and it really made me howl laughing AND has really improved my mood today!!!

I highly recomend it!

Katie - Ingore those bloody scales. They are liars :) Do you feel any different physically????

I weirdly never left ketosis ville, even after the incident where I became aware I was stuffing caramac into my mouth! I dont even know how that is possible.

I am sure the pounds will come off again, even 1 or 2 would be great wouldnt it, mean you had 8 last week :)

Have a lovely day and I hope that naughty marly and me like pooch is behaving!

Nat, where is your journal? I am keen to read up about Caramac gate? I had a similar incident this very day with some cranberry cheese.

And I agree....quit with the undermining scales Katie lady!!!

Xx

Back