Katies Diary & General Rambling

Back In The Game!

Ok so firstly I must say thanks to a few people because without their constant support when I have been unwell and on a higher plan I would not feel able to restart ss+ today mentally. So MissyJo, Bettiesrevenge and Lily and VickieT thank you for looking out for me and I hope to god I can get through the next three days with your help.
Something Nat said the other night rings true here. In the past having become and ill and had to go up a few plans I would have simply bailed and wud not have felt ready to try ss+ so soon but I think having a support network on here defo helps.
So last weeks blood results were discussed this morning and I have improved Muchly although not given the all clear from the GF I am certainly well enough the nurse thinks to try and restart and if I feel wobbly I just need to eat a higher plan and do a graded reduction.
So I debated whether to start today or tomorrow when I got home. Anyway listening to Jo made me think let's start now. So one shake and a litre of water do far today and I am back on the ss+ wagon.
I have not told my hubby and daren't tell him as he was so worried and will go off on one. My avoidance Shud be easy as he is working until midnight mon to weds and by time he releases I am not eating full time I will be in ketosis and ready to kick some butt.
I had initially good losses on plan 4 but have now gained 4 pounds since sat morning for no apparent reason known to man so am in need of a boost and ss+ Shud give me that.
I honestly don't think I can maintain on the higher plans cos I was bored shitless on it bur hey ho that's another six stone away as yet lol.
So new goals are
1. Get in ketosis
2. Ensure lots of water is drunk as I am poo at it.
3. Get through the first three days in one piece.
4. Continue until thurs 30th June when I go to sicily for 3 nights plus a night at Gatwick.

So that's it for now. Thanks for reading xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It is for everyone!!!

GOOOOOO KATIE - so glad that you are back on it girrrrrrly!

There is no tomorrow, only today, so you made a great decision.

In relation to him indoors flipping his wig, its only cos' he cares - bless. But you can explain to him that this is for your HEALTH, so you can shed the weight you have struggled to drop and change your habbits for good.

Watch out though --- I have seen the green eyed monster today (the one that thinks you are doing this to go and meet new people!) its just a temporary phase I am sure. I looked my beefcake in the eye and told him in no uncertain terms, I was doing this for myself (and a bit for him :D)

We will rally round, we will support you. We will be there to prop you up if you have a wobble, Its going to happen, of course it is, but WRITE IT OUT. It goes away, we will be here :)

Thanks Nat
Have managed 2 litres and only had two shakes n scrambled eggs I couldn't fit anymore in but I will try n drink more tomorrow. Am meeting my colleague at costa coffee in morning so will drink lots of water n peppermint tea then try n hold my wee in whilst we go see customers lol.
Hope it won't matter I only had two shakes at least I had my meal xxx

Nah you will be fine - just dont do it again, you got to prioritise those shakes baby.

Know what you mean about the wee situation, oh the stories I can tell you of frantically running down the carriages of a virgin express to london euston looking for an empty loo, jesus, I was really seconds away from peeing myself on one occasion, it got that bad that I started to carry tenna lady discrete in my bag. Thank god one never got stuck to my files or laptop (that happened once with an always extra long - oh the embarrasment, but not as bad as a tenna lady would be) for the record, I never had to use one :)

I wonder can you have sugar free coffee flavoured syrups from costa, I love them!

MMmm something tells me the syrups r banned lol. I love frappe oh yummy but prob mire cals in one of them than an entire ss+ day lol.
Well I reckon I could defo beat your pee stories By a mile but people could read this n disown me. I did however get stuck in traffic as a passenger decide I could not hold on and saw an old man gardening so randomly ran over to tell him I needed a wee so bad and he said 'oh come on in I have cancer of the bladder I know what it's like to get caught short' oh did I feel bad then but gosh I has the best wee of my life in his loo before having a chat with his wife lol.
Am hiding in bed now there are treats n food downstairs n u don't wanna see em.
Did u catch the hamster? Xx

R.I.P whiskey - the hamster is no more.... :( It was sick so I was taking him to the vet, and the vet decided he needed to go to the great hamster ball in the sky!!!

Gutted for my daughter...she is upstairs now plotting what other fury creature to bring into our lives - teenage grief is so brief.

Get a dog lol.
Well think I am going back to bed if I can reschedule this meeting. Had really strong codeine n head still banging :-( xxx

Day two nearly over and have Been doped up in co codamol all day cos if banging head and hunger kicked in at 7pm.
Will make sure I have three shakes today
Will drink all my water today too.
It's now official that the dog eats better than me. She had an allergic reaction to something and had runs n blood in it. Trip to vets meant I got hungry needing my tea. As she can't have rice the usual meal replacement for upset tummies I have just made her mash with tuna.
Now let's get this into perspective. It had a knob of butter in but no seasoning and to make it last have blitzed it up smooth. I then put some in a bowl (a dog bowl) and mixed in tinned tuna (which I detest) but Christ it smelt good. I was salivating myself nevermind the pooch. I settled fir scrambled egg and mushrooms again however so am pleased it's nearly the end of day 2. Only a soup left to go and a small bottle of water then I can tick all the boxes and call it a night lol.
As I was driving to the vets I was fantasising about getting home and binging on chocolate but I keep thinking about my goals and not wanting to do these first three days EVER again.

Great stuff Katie!!! Dont give in - those first few days are evil (and so are TOTM days, and bored days, and sad days and stressed days etc etc!) BUT the end result will be worth it all...just keep your eyes on the prize and dont go near that dog bowl I tell you!

Thanks Nat I am hoping tomorrow my pee stick may turn from peach to rose as I always feel I can relax more mentally once in ketosis. Am going bed early tonight as plasterers will be here at crack of Dawn and I feel real weary from all codeine lol.
How you doing Nat? Everything ok at home I hope xx

Katie, you have been a busy, busy girl!

You have done amazing getting back on track. I know what you mean about OH worrying....my man can be similar. He just wants me to be happy. Have to say he has stuck by me second time around but two years ago he didn't quite get it and just worried incessantly.

Your reasons for wanting to lose the weight are about him....and your plans to start a family. Hold his hand, look him in the eye and reassure him you are ok.

You have had such a bumpy old ride recently....much credit to you for bouncing on back.

You give me and Nat so much banter and support too, lady. We would struggle without you too.

Thanks for helping me today with then whole vending machine thing. What an idiot I am

Lots of love xxxxx

You my lady Jo are not stupid you are human and at least u weren't eyeing up the dog bowl like me hehe.
Well I have just had my bedtime wee and guess what am in ketosis woo hoo. I think cos been eating low carb on higher plan that's why I am in it by end of day two. Am well impressed and hoping the scales soon say 16 something anyway soon.
Thanks my lovely and don't fret about the vending you prob burned it off on your run anyway
Much Love xxx

You my lady Jo are not stupid you are human and at least u weren't eyeing up the dog bowl like me hehe.
Well I have just had my bedtime wee and guess what am in ketosis woo hoo. I think cos been eating low carb on higher plan that's why I am in it by end of day two. Am well impressed and hoping the scales soon say 16 something anyway soon.
Thanks my lovely and don't fret about the vending you prob burned it off on your run anyway
Much Love xxx

I have nicked a few markies off them, lol. Wow!! You are in already?? That is tremendous!! And well done on the scales. Keep at it lady.

Thanks so much for walking next to me today in my McCoys moment. Have a great day tomorrow....and no munching on Frolic :) xxx

KETO QUEEN!!! Hurah!!! Oh Katie, I know this is your time to shine - I will be like Barbra Streisand, the wind beneath your wings...Just saty away from the dog bowl and dont even think about the knuckle bone...you have been warned!

Lol ok I promise. Just shows hey last time on day 5 no ketosis cos my body was a mess but it must be more willing this time now I have eased it in. Feeling very positive tonight yippee xx

Woo Hoo day three and I am on fire!!!!!!!!
So glad the ketone fairy has arrived to help keep me out of the food cupboards yippee
Up mega early to let plasterers in and am shattered already. Started drinking water nice n early to get my daily allowance 500ml so far. My app for helping me count water is broken aghhhh.
Gonna keep busy though got surveyors coming this afternoon to do final measure up for my big lovely slide robes then off to see my baby niece followed by a candle evening at the pub tonight to make a few purchases.
Watching Jeremy Kyle and what a bloody crock of ***** that show is. Oh I am not even gonna bother getting on my soapbox about that show.
Off to find some proper tv to watch and try n keep my eyes open.
Scales are down 4lb in two days which is a good start.
Speak soon and have a good day everyone x

Positive start to the day Katie! Good on you!

Go get em'!!

I don't worry about the water thing at all you know. I always have a huge mug (holds about a pint) of hot Sunshine Orange at my desk and just swig away all day. I think I must drink about 8 pints of fluid a day.

Oh, and I have scoffed a whole tray of Stabucks sugar free mints again

Have to stop buying them

Addictive.

And troublesome.

Have a good day lovely xxx

You have a mint obsession lady lol. If you are still in ketosis and losing weight don't stress about it hunni xxx

Back