Katies low carb adventure...

can I ask are you all on 20g carbs per day? xxx

I aim for 20gms a day but have been over for the last 4 days not drastically I logged 72gms on sunday but it wasnt that high. Today I'm being mega strict even though the office is now magically filled with mince pies and tins of roses!

I love mince pies..any ideas for taking meals to work? not a salad person xx

Skinny2beme do you have access to a microwave. I use a lot of my carb allowence on soup just keep your eye out on the nutritional information if its per 100gm or per 1/2 a tub/carton. Tapas meat selection with olives, Leftovers are my staple.

what soups tho? cos i don't cook soups lol x

Meaty soup watch out for added rice/high carb veg. Broccoli and stilton is quite low :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh thursday why can't you be Friday!
I was having a great day yesterday until I ate 2 extra sausages at dinner which tooke me to 29gms carbs according to MFP. I have been keeping up with my water intake though and noticed a massive improvement in my skin and am for the first time in ages regular iykwim! I weighed again this morning and was exactly the same. Todays menu:

Breakfast
John west garlic and chilli tuna
1 tbs mayo
small baby leaf salad

Lunch
Leftover stew

Dinner
Pink Salmon salad

No snacks today am being good, plus yesterday I ate a whole pack of deli 24 chorizo and cheese sticks (I have no self controll)
The office treats are piling up mince pies and cadburys roses all resisted so far. Going up to London on Saturday to meet some old friends the biggest challange will be to not drink! I have promised my LO I will be home in time to put him to bed.

Water def helps with that stuff, I find if I don't drink the water there's no park action (as someone coined on another thread).

Menu looks good. I personally avoid large quantities of processed meats (and only eat salami v occasionally). They're packed with salt which makes me retain water but also they are so easy to eat. And remember it's dehydrated meat, so may not look a lot but by the time it hits tour stomach and rehydrates, it's nearly double the size! You need to find what works for you x

Chocolate, chocolate everywhere even in my mouth :(

lol...you both made me laugh...choccy addicts!!

I was on a vlcd but just stepped over to atkins and Im loving it!!

You Atkins people are always an inspiration:)

Last edited:
that's right. i just needed ti eat with my kids! i kept cheating!!!!

After the chocolate incident I gave myself a break yesterday as I was out of ketosis. Met my friends in London and had a few drinks. Feeling quite fresh today considering! I drank 1.5ltrs of water on the train home. Today I'm back on it. Waiting for the occado man then its tuna salad for breakfast next week will be slow cooker meals. Hope your all having a great weekend :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

u wish i could eat things like for breakfast but i like warm foods. back in the 'old' days it would be a bacon butty every morning.i loved it x

Back