katie's RC journey!

kae

gunna be a fatty for ever
Hiya every one!!!

Ive been thinking about changing plans for a while now! At the min i am calorie counting and using Xenical pescribed by my doctor. Its worked fine for just over ten onths and i have lost 2 stone 4 lbs which i am very pleased with!

I have been lookin into RC as there is a couple of classes locally to me! I have a few questions that i cant find on website!!

1. Are all the meals in the booklets less than 5 percent fat??

2. do you have to pay if you miss a week?

3. Do any of you guys do it on line? if so do they give you any advice on exercising?

4. Can you go to different places where the classes are held?

The reason i ask is the class in my area is 5:45 - 7:15 an my OH works different shifts each week and so might not be home to look after our girls!

Your advice is much appreciated!

love katie
xxxxxxxx

Hi Katie, RC is a good choice - but I would say that lol

As far as your questions go I'll do my best to answer

1) Yeah all the meals are less than 5%. Your exceptions to the 5% fat rule are meat & fish and your daily 100 calorie treat that u can have from week 3 onwards

2) As long as you let them know before hand that you're not going, you don't have to pay. If you don't let them know its £1. Thats what my instructor charges anyway, so I'm assuming its the same as another one my sis goes to in her area does the same.

3) I don't do it online but you maybe able to access RC.TV online if you're an online member, it has workouts, chats, info on diets etc and stuff being added all the time

4) You can go to different classes and if you become a premier club member and pay monthly you can attend several classes a week for exercise at no additional cost and also get the RC magazine for free.

HTH

2)

Thanks sarah!! im going to class tomrrow! and i cant wait!!

If u dont mind me askin whats a typical menu for they day?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

well typically I would have a bowl of speacial K for breakfast (200 Cals) - I change my breakfast every day though

piece of fruit mid morning

Lunch would be a salad sandwich with no butter and maybe a slim a soup or something

Piece of fruit mid afternoon

dinner is so varied but poss new potatoes, veg, quorn chicken or fish, you know the sort of thing. As long as you're within the 5% fat and your calorie allowance, you can have it!!

Then after the first 2 weeks ur calorie allowance increases and you can have 100 cal treat that is of any %fat

Good luck in your class tomorrow. Let us know how you get on

thanks so much for that sarah!!

Well i have a terrible virus at the min but i really wanted to join the class so i went any way! got all my books and portion pots!! I dunno how i am going to cope with 1200cals hehee but i will manage!! I am off to boxersize tonite! Its the first time i have been and im a little nervous!!

How do they work out how many cals you need after your first 2 weeks?

Oh an also i was a not very pleaseed to work out tat my meatbloic age is 39!!!! im only 24 hehehehe

love katie!!

xxxxxxxx

also how do u find the exercise class sarah? I was expecting to work up a sweat but i found it quite easy! I dunno if this has anything to do with going to the gym already???

Firstly 1200 cals can be hard but fill yourself up on veg and drink plenty of water. I was so determined I didn't find the 1200 too bad. I lost 8lbs in my first week and 3lbs in my second.

After the fat attack fortnight, your calories are based on your weight and height and can be from 1400 to 1700+

Exercise class: I love it. As you go to the gym you already have a level of fitness so my suggestion is to take the harder option i.e. star jumps instead of jacks etc, use your arms as much as possible as this can burn up to 25% more calories and just do every movement with extra vigor - you'll soon feel it!

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon :)

PS usually, if you become a Premier Member you can attend any of your franchisees classes free of any extra charge

r u a premier member? How much is it?

well ive already been loosing weight so i dunno if i will get the big losses that u get in the first week! But it would be a nice suprise!

Food wise i have been ok today cos i have been busy but if i am out and about i think i may stuggle!

Im off to boxersice tonite so im hoping that will speed my weight loss up!! hehe

Thanks for replying!

love katie
xx

day one on fat attack fortnight!!

well day one has been a little tough ive really stuggled with the low cal bit, ive not made the best food choices either!

B - 1 toast (75 cals), beans (yellow portion pot) 84calsapple 50 cals = 209cals

Lunch WW beef hotpot 198cals, veg steam bag 39 cal ww bread 49 = 286

Dinner - 2 wwbread 98 cals, yellow pot beans 84cals cadburys light mouse 60cals= 242

2 Scotch pancake 160 cals, apple 50, 2 sweets 20 cals = 230

I havent had my milk but im not really a fan of milk and i was just wondering do i really have to have it? I never usually do and wanted to know if i could just use it for something else?

Heres exercise for the day too

exercise = legging it to nursery, charging round asda looking for bargains, legging it back to nursery and boxersize!! OOOh i feel really good now!

Im feeling really possitve but im gunna go to bed now b4 any more pancakes jump into my mouth eheheh

Hi firstly, premier membership is on when you joined and your franchisees prices ... I pay £20 per month which includes all my classes, RC mag and free RC.tv .. this price will never alter as long as i'm a member so as a rough guide i guess now it would be around £23 pm.

You can use your milk allowance for say yoghurt, but check with your instructor if you can use the calories on anything else.

Your calories are way under your 1200 allowed so you could eat a little more. My only question is is the Scotch pancake under 5% fat?

Well done on your first day though.

Have you measured yourself? if so do it (I never did and now I regret it) cos sometimes if the scales don't shift the inches do!!! I've been going to class for nearly 3 years and only been measuring myself over the last 2 months and have lost over 16inches in that short time!

Hi firstly, premier membership is on when you joined and your franchisees prices ... I pay £20 per month which includes all my classes, RC mag and free RC.tv .. this price will never alter as long as i'm a member so as a rough guide i guess now it would be around £23 pm.

You can use your milk allowance for say yoghurt, but check with your instructor if you can use the calories on anything else.

Your calories are way under your 1200 allowed so you could eat a little more. My only question is is the Scotch pancake under 5% fat?

Well done on your first day though.

Have you measured yourself? if so do it (I never did and now I regret it) cos sometimes if the scales don't shift the inches do!!! I've been going to class for nearly 3 years and only been measuring myself over the last 2 months and have lost over 16inches in that short time!

Hey sarah

Well its looks well worth being a premier club member. The only down side is i cant really get to any of the other classes with any ease as i dont drive an find it hard gettin child care! Will defo give it some thought! Its good for the mag an tv tho isnt it!

OMG i just checked the packaging on the pancakes! My mum bought them for me from waitrose and the first list is per pancake and second is per 200g!!!! OOMMMGG how did i not see this eeeek???!! Its the other way round on everything else!!!! lesson learnt there then!!! (.... puts them in the bin...:D)

well today i have had all my calories i had a yoghurt instead of 1/4 pint of milk and 1/2pint om my skimmed milk (as advised in my rc book!)

I did measure my self last week cos of your advice in the fitness section:D it took me ages to get round to it tho!! wo 16 inches??? thats fab!! you must feel so proud!! I hope i get the same results as you heheh

Hope u had a fab day!!

love katie
xxx

Hi Katie,
regarding premier membership, you wil probably find that it costs no more than 4 weekly classes anyway.

Good one that you double checked the pancakes before you'd eaten the whole packet!! There is usually a supermarkets own low fat brand of most things though.

I so wish I'd measured myself at the begining, if I've lost that many inches in a short space of time i'd really love to know how much i'd lost over 7 stones!!! And its not just weight loss but muscle toning too which is why I think RC works so well (if you stick to the diet that is) lol

Good luck with today and the rest of the week :)

woooop wooooop!

back from first weigh in 6lbs off!! and it feels great!

also put more effort into the class so worked up a little more sweat!

bring on next weeks weigh in!! woooooooop!

arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!! sloooowly slipping down the slippery slope!!!

ive sts since my weigh in on tues (yeah i know! serial weigher!!) im rally mad with my self cos i was really good last week!

I seem to have turned into a snack a jack!

ive gone baack the the gym today to try an kick my self back into gear. Ive not been since i started RC cos im too tired on 1200 cals but it went ok today!
I had breakie at 10.30 and ive just had my power snack and a yog (i ask my F and she said it was ok to swap 1/4 pint of milk for a low fat yog no more than 70 cals) and im gunna have ww bread and beans made into a toastie so its like a meal but snacky too . Gunna wait till about 4 oclock and have that and then have dinner about 7/8ish when xfactor is on!

any ideas on some thing home made that tastes like a take away? hehe

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Keep going Katie, drink water and be good over the weekend.

do you like Indian curry??? I have a very low fat recipe if you want it, served with a home made savory rice which bulks out the food and you can do loads and freeze it

Curry Sauce - Serves 4
1 Lg onions
1 clove garlic
5g peeled fresh ginger (or 1stp ground ginger but I've never used that)
1tsp salt
1 tsp Garam Masala
1tsp tumeric
1tbs low fat natural yoghurt (approx 50g)
1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
20g tomato puree
6 small green chillis (or more if you can take it)
small handful of fresh coriander
500-600g chicken breast cut into cubes

Blend or chop finely onion and dry fry until very brown in non-stick pan
blend ginger and garlic together and add to cooked onions
add salt, masala and turmeric and mix together
Add Yoghurt
Blend tomatoes and add to pan along with puree
Bring to boil
blend chillis and coriander and add to sauce
transfer to large pan with a lid
add chicken and simmer with lid on for 30-40 mins, stirring occasionally

Savoury Rice - Serves 4-6
Small onion approx 100g
100g sliced mushrooms
50-75g of yellow, green and red peppers (approx 1/2 of each pepper)
25g froz peas
25g froz sweetcorn
4 Blue portion pots of Basmati rice
salt to taste

chop onions and dry fry till clear
add mushrooms
thinly slice, then half all the peppers and add to colander along with peas and sweetcorn and rinse
add peppers etc to pan and continue to dry fry for 2 mins
transfer to saucepan and and rinsed rice and salt to taste
mix and cover with boiling water so water covers rice/veg mixture by about 1 inch, stir
put on hob with lid in place and bring to boil, never removing the lid
allow to boil with lid rattling, for 2mins and then switch off hob and leave with lid on for 20mins - DO NOT REMOVE LID
Rice will then be cooked

Then as an extra

Raita
small finely chopped onion (approx 100g)
finely chopped tomato (approx 100g)
50-75g of yellow, green and red peppers (approx 1/2 of each pepper)
100g finely chopped cucumber
approx 150g low fat natural yoghurt
approx 50g of mint sauce (to taste)

mix onion, tomato, peppers and cucumber together
mix yoghurt & mint sauce together
mix everything together

This can also be made with just cucumber or cucmber and onion

I've calculated this to be about 550 cals per serving (and its a big serving) and you may also get low fat naan breads from supermarket if you have enough calories left over

HTH

Thanks for the recipe sarah1 will print that one off to try! :)

i am back from my 2nd weigh in hanging my head low in shame! i gained a pound arrrgh! was my own fault! i could not stop snacking!

My F has given me a clorie allowance of 1853 cals! i personally think this is quite alot! but hey im not an expert on these things heheh

i was wondering if u could remember what your cal allowance was at 14st 5lbs ( i weight more on her scales than my docs :( )and how many lbs did u loose per week?

thanks in advance

love katie
xxxxxx

Hi Katie,
at least you know why you put weight on this week and didn't say 'I don't understand, I stuck to the diet'

My calories at your weight were 1500 which is quite a lot of food even to me. I was losing 2-3lbs every week without fail. But you're taller than me so I don't know how that works!

Keep going, you know where you went wrong and now you can include your treats in your very large calorie allowance lol

PS I gained a lb too this week .... had a whole list of reasons why as well ... too much food ... too much vino .... not as much exercise as full of cold ... totm ... even different trousers that weigh heavier than normal leggings ... lol (I thought I'd have put on 3lbs to be honest so it wasn't so bad).

Last edited:
hehehe oh well! in the grand scheme of things a pound is not much is it! identifying why is defo a good thing so you can know to not do it this week hehe ....hopefully!

when i spoke to my F she said it was because of my age it was so high as i am only 24!
anyways im just going to stick to it and see how it goes

thanks for takin time to post!

love katie
xxxxx

Back