Kat's Diary - Refeed

Hey Amber,
Yeah I am a bit into ringtones/phones/gadgets etc. Not as bad as my hubby though.. :rolleyes: He just needs to have all the latest and more with all the bits and bobs to go with. If its' a Wii then we need to have rackets, multiple controllers, nunchucks (or whatever you call them), litesabers.... The man just can't stop! :D

Week 5 is coming to the end. I have been good and cut out salad & nuts for 5 days. Had a break yesterday with a couple of additional snacks. Saturdays are always difficult.. Maybe we are not so busy and I get time to think about food more.

Anyway very hopefull for tomorrow's WI. My clothes are much looser and I think I'd try the pre PG clothes next week. Must be getting very close to fitting in them.

It's a pretty miserable Valentines down here. Pooring down all morning sort of a mood killer! We are not going out for a meal this year due to this diet so just a quiet night in planned and an early night for kids... :D

Hey Amber,
Yeah I am a bit into ringtones/phones/gadgets etc. Not as bad as my hubby though.. :rolleyes: He just needs to have all the latest and more with all the bits and bobs to go with. If its' a Wii then we need to have rackets, multiple controllers, nunchucks (or whatever you call them), litesabers.... The man just can't stop! :D

This post made me laugh... i can imagine him with his lightsaber.... sounds fun! :)

Amber

Week 5 is coming to the end. I have been good and cut out salad & nuts for 5 days. Had a break yesterday with a couple of additional snacks. Saturdays are always difficult.. Maybe we are not so busy and I get time to think about food more.

Anyway very hopefull for tomorrow's WI. My clothes are much looser and I think I'd try the pre PG clothes next week. Must be getting very close to fitting in them.

It's a pretty miserable Valentines down here. Pooring down all morning sort of a mood killer! We are not going out for a meal this year due to this diet so just a quiet night in planned and an early night for kids... :D

Hope WI went well for you, if i dont get chance to check before i fly off, heres to another good week for you and see you next week ( wed) keep up all your good work :)

Amber

Thanks Amber, make sure you eat some pepperoni pizza on my behalf please... :D We'll see you when you get back - have a great time!!

Week 5 Results

-4lbs for me this week! That's a total of 26lbs loss in 5 weeks. With any luck I should hit the 2 stone mark at next WI.. yay!

I find it harder now to carry on with this maybe because I'm very near my comfort weight and happy with the way I look and feel. So unless I get the second wind somewhere down the line there would only be 3 more weeks of meal replacements. Need to do some research on refeed but that shouldn't take longer than 4-5 weeks?
Then on with calorie counting. That's the plan anyway..

I'm struggling a little at the moment. First of all i'm late (sorry for tmi).. about a week now (!!!:eek:) and am holding on to the same weight since last Friday. That's 6 days in a row now which is worrying. Tried to be strict with no salad, less milk, etc - doesn't seem to work. So I'm assuming nothing will shift until totm and decided to go easy on myself with extra snacks. Still no impact on weight.

It's also half term and I'm trying to handle kids and work together going from feeling guilty as they don't get much attention from me to feeling frustrated as not enough time to work.

Though today we all had a treat. I took the kids out for lunch and had my first proper meal in over 5 weeks! Only small chargrilled chicken salad with no dressing but it was gorgeous! And so filling.. Really looking forward to add a meal weeks now. Not long to go! ;)

Oh yes went to see Avatar last night. Definitely worth seeing - it's great in 3d and is beautifully filmed.

Things back to normal (!) though the scales are still not moving in the right direction..:( I have 3 days left until the WI so will try hard to shift some weight..

Well the last three days have been good. Feeling much better again and all on track to my final two weeks of meal replacements. It's week6 WI tomorrow - hoping to hit the 2 stone mark! :cool:

Hubby surprised me today by getting the kids up so I didn't get up until 8:45.. He then took the kids swimming and I had the house all to myself until after 11.. He also cooked all three meals today.. yay! Cooking has never been my favourite and now it also seems unfair since I don't get to eat anything I cook. So in all a really easy day with no food around.

Exercise wise I had my usual tennis class this week and a 3 hrs bike ride. No much but considering half term and the weather I did well. Starting from next week I will add another tennis class and hoping to start spinning classes. Has been over 6 months since my last one so I know it'll be painful and embarassing. But hey.. like that's ever stopped me! :D

Week 6 Results

-2lbs this week! I am happy with this loss and it brings me to a total of 2 STONE loss in 6 WEEKS! Chuffed and proud like a puppy here... :silly:

oh I'm so frustrated today.. How can you not notice 2 stone loss? So far only one person commented on the fact that I lost weight and that was good 3 weeks ago or maybe more. Friends who know about this diet say things like: "I never thought you were that big anyway" or "it's cold and you are all wrapped up so it's hard to tell.." My sil (she doesn't know) came over yesterday and we spent a good half hour chatting about the fact that she needs to lose weight and she hasn't said/notice(?) anything! We were right on the subject and I wasn't wearing a coat, not even a fleece! :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

And the most frustrating thing is that I shouldn't care as this is supposed to be about me and not other people. But it bugs me! Is it just MY mirror showing the change?? :confused:

Shame I don't really have a before pic - took one about a week in and it's not very clear. Might have a play with it tomorrow and post it here with a current one. Need some reassurance!

still didn't have time to sort the pictures out but watch this space.

My Avidlite order finally arrived today - I must have been hungry placing it! Well tbh the plan was to get a few snacks for refeed and hols so I am now a proud owner of:
1. A bag of tortilla chips! - all low carb and suitable for gi gl diets btw
2. Sugar free chocolate covered hazelnuts.. oh my heart aches for them
3. Cheese crisps made of cheese only

How cool is that? Hid them in the cupboard for now and made sure my three hungry boys KNOW it's mummy's and mummy's only! DO NOT TOUCH. :D (2 small boys and one bigger boy aka hubby)

So there we are, nearly half of week 7 gone. I am hoping for a biggish loss this week as want to be as close to 170lbs as possible by end of week 8. Two tennis classes booked for this week but missed spinning on Monday. I'll try to fit in another cardio class maybe at the w/end.

Clothes wise I can now fit into my pre pg2 clothes but not pre pg1 so a bit to go yet. What if they never fit me again - what if my hips got wider after births and no matter how much I lose they'll still be wider?? There's a scary thought..

Hey Kat

Wow your doing great and sound so motivated! :)
Cant wait to see the pics :))

Also with regards people commenting or not, dont let it get to heart, some people dont like commenting on matters like that as they might not know if its approprriate or not or the 'right thing to say'.
All that matters is how you feel :) and you sound like your feeling great and you well deserve too.

Still have yet to see avitar though, im a divil... it willl be out of cinema before i get to :(

Amber

Hey Kat

Wow your doing great and sound so motivated! :)
Cant wait to see the pics :))

Also with regards people commenting or not, dont let it get to heart, some people dont like commenting on matters like that as they might not know if its approprriate or not or the 'right thing to say'.
All that matters is how you feel :) and you sound like your feeling great and you well deserve too.

Still have yet to see avitar though, im a divil... it willl be out of cinema before i get to :(

Amber

Hey Amber,

Haven't got around to doing the pics. I need to take a current one and the before one is a bit blurred so might not be clear.
You are spot on it is just me that matters and me is very happy with the losses so far. It's just frustrating that even when the subject does come up (e.g. please have a piece of chocolate cake, no thanks, but i'm begging you, no really thanks I'm on a strict diet) all people say is: So is it working - your diet? :D

Anyways... Avatar definitely a must so try and see before it's out. It's great on a big screen.

Good to have you back! :)

Kat

Morning Kat

Thanks good to be back :)
Didnt go to see avitar but i did go to see solamon kane which was quite good. UCI cinema near me is closing :( it was were i went to as a kid, cant believe it, sign of the times unfortunatley.

They also do real butter on their popcorn lol no other cinema i know does this! This is a good thing though.... :) no temptation... but i did officially have my last on Saturday and god help me it tasted good.

Your resisting temptation so far and your losses show it, well done you :)

Speak to you later/tomorrow

Amber

Hey Amber,

Just looked up solomon kane and it looks good. Might go and see it myself soon since I now have a cinema buddy :D. Hubby doesn't like cinemas, he's 6'6 and can't get comfortable.

Shame about your local UCI. Do you have someplace else nearby? Valentine's day is supposed to be good as well.

Thanks I'm struggling a bit at the moment as this is the last week of SSing then I'll go into refeed for 3-4 weeks and hopefully lose the rest calorie counting (CCing??:D).

Talk soon,
Kat

Week 7 Results

Week 7?? Did I really last that long?
So -4lbs this week.. that takes me to a grand total of...... 32lbs lost in 7 weeks! :bliss:

Feeling good and can't wait until next week when I can start adding meals, etc.

Didn't do the 3rd cardio last week though we took the kids swimming on Sunday so some sort of exercise.. Must try harder this week. And the bad news is that my little one is now too big for his bike child seat meaning I can't collect him from the nursery on the bike anymore. And he is soo reluctant to learn on his own. Maybe this summer he'll suss it out finally.

Took a current picture today - looking good! :D Will try to work out how to put them on here now and hopefully they'll be up tonight.

ok here goes.. hope it works!

Picture on the left: not the actual "before" pic as I didn't take one :cry:so that's about a week in and I would have lost over 10lbs already.
Picture on the right: today -32lbs! sorry about the state of our mirror.. only noticed the marks now but kids just love touching it!

I can certainly see the difference when they are next to each other so have no idea why nobody else can see it.. :D

29642-albums2295-picture13957.jpg

Kat - wow, look at your hips, they have gone in alot - your frame looks great, so athetlic, its all that tennis! ;) Also thighs are slimmer too... cant comment on top, the cardy is in the way .. laughing...

Dammit - will i ever get to your stage *jealous*

Very proud of you , you did your 7 weeks so well :) Great loss alltogether and make sure to stick to your re-fead too its the important part ....

Amber

Oh thanks, Amber! :D I'm so pleased you can see the difference.. I know the cardy wasn't a good idea but it was there for a reason.... khm..

I have never been called 'athletic' before - it sounds so nice.. :) you made my day! Still a lot of work to do but I'm getting there.

Of course you'll get there as well, you have all the commitment and determination. Maybe just one too many holidays planned.. :D but they are only minor setbacks!

Back