Kat's Diary - Refeed

Had a blip last night, really late as well some time after 11pm. A bag of pork crunches (avidlite snack so high and low in everything) - it was yum-yum-yummy! I really miss the savoury snacks, wonder if that's my trigger as well? Didn't feel like eating anything else after though, was perfectly satisfied so maybe not.

Today was the first tennis class of the week. One more planned and I managed to book 3 sessions for next week. Not sure the extra classes impact my losses though. I seemed to have stalled since Monday. :sigh:

Generally though I am soo happy with the losses so far and the fact that I stack to it for almost 8 weeks now! Granted it's not as long as some incredible stories on here where people last through nearly a year of SSing and lose well over 100lbs and more. But it's still my little achievement and I'm so proud! :D

Planning to reward myself with a haircut.. maybe next week.

Only 3 more days of SSing.. yay!

What a hard couple of days! I am so not satisfied with the packs at the moment. Don't know whether it's because the end is so near and my motivation is just not there anymore.. or maybe my body needs some extra calories due to more exercise (lousy excuse really). :D

Today I already had 5 packs :eek: and it's only 7pm.. The optimistic me keeps wispering that in terms of calories it's still not too bad but I'll let the scales argue with her tomorrow..

Week 8 Results

No drum rolls for me - lost absolutely nothing! Didn't gain either but I am really upset about this, it was the last SS week and I expected at least a small loss. Now I'm really worried about refeed - in theory I should continue losing?

Not a big surprise overall though. First I was really hungry most of the week and had so much food over the w/end (more like food packs rather).
Second: after my first pregnancy I managed to lose most of the weight then stalled at exactly the same weight as now. It must be one of my set points - is that what they are called? Read about them in one of the enlightening threads on here.
And if it is then is my body stalling before letting me go down to the next one or is it me thinking that I reached that point and moving further is going to be difficult so therefore I'm stalling the losses myself? It's all in the mind after all.

Anyway enough of my deep thoughts :D and on to the first day of refeed! Today I had a grilled chicken breast seasoned with a little salt and pepper on a bed of lettuce with vegetable medley sauce (soup pack).. Written down it looks as great as it tasted! I had it around 6pm and I'm still so full and satisfied. Must try to eat earlier tomorrow as I still need to fit in my bar at some point. The plan is to have tuna salad on the second day but I might opt for chicken again, we'll see.

Got flowers from the hubby and the kids today (international women's day!), three lovely bunches of roses.. White, pink and mixed. How cute is that? :heartpump:
And they smell so fresh I can feel the spring is already here! Small things that make us happy. :)

Day 2 refeed: Had chicken salad again today but chicken soup as sauce this time. Delicious!

Also played tennis for 2 and a quarter hours and two more sessions planned this week.

My car was in the garage for 2 days, had the engine sign lit up on dashboard so they called me up today to say they need to replace a small valve in the engine (they might have spoken gibberish it meant nothing to me). The part is £40.... the labour is £220... :mad: Give me the part and I'll by a book and replace it myself!

Refeed day3: :eating: today's dinner was tuna (tinned in brine) on a bed of mixed salad with spinach topped with grated cucumber and vegetable medley sauce (soup). Really nice and filling. Though might not be as filling as chicken or maybe I'm getting used to proper meal size again.

Refeed days 4&5: :eating: today I'm officially adding cooked veggies so for dinner we had tiger prawns stir fry with mushrooms, green cabbage and mangetout seasoned with garlic and soya sauce. Kids & hubby had egg noodles with theirs, I had a bit of mixed salad. Yum...
Yesterday was same old chicken salad. :D

I'm feeling so good this week, it's amazing what an impact a little food can have. First and foremost - I'm actually losing weight again which is great after last week's fiasco. Also I can now fit into my pre marriage clothes and I know it probably sounds silly but I missed them so much! It's been a long 7 years but we are together again.. :D
It's also only 2 weeks left until our weekend away and I am looking forward to packing/going through the whole wadrobe again and rediscovering things.

Three tennis sessions done this week. Oh yes I downloaded a Perfect Diet Tracker software, it counts your daily calories and exercise - very clever piece of kit. Turns out my 2hr tennis sessions burn over 1000 calories! So this week I've done 5.5hrs and burnt 2750 calories. Pretty good!

Week 9 Results:

Sorry not much time to do the diary at the moment, things seem to be going pear-shaped left right and centre. Not the diet though - that's going great and in my 1st refeed week I lost 3lbs! Very excited and enjoying the food so much now.
I'm now on 2 proper meals a day and had my first fruit today - 10 grapes and an apple. Will update more later in the week.

Can't seem to find time to post anymore! I'm now in Refeed Week 2 Day 6. Don't think I'm losing anything but definitely not putting any weight on. So doing well so far.

This week I gradually added all fruit (apart from banana maybe tomorrow), veggies all except potatoes but had butternut squash and sweet potato. Other additions: sour cream, beef, salmon, tomatoes, onions, sweetcorn, baked beans. The plan is to start rice/pasta/potatoes on Monday, then cereal on Thursday and hopefully be back on 'any food goes' by the time we are going away on Friday.

I have a cold at the moment so feeling tired last few days and not very hungry. Still had two cardio sessions this week not sure they did me any good though as I was really not at full speed..

Oh well at least it happened now and not next week when we are away!

Week 10 Results:

Stayed the same this week. Not sure what happened as I was actually down a pound up until today. I'm pleased with this anyway. The longer I stay at this weight the better the chances it wont' go back up and with our long weekend away so close - only 3 days to go! - it's probably better to remain stable than lose. (that's an optimist in me talking:D)

Should really start introducing heavy artillery this week, the likes of pasta and rice, but I can't face it yet. The cold hasn't cleared and I'm not hungry enough to eat this sort of food.

Back