Kat's Diary - Refeed

Slimmingagain

Hey good to hear your feeling so much better :))

Yes very rosemantic... would make ya gag! hehehe..

Amber

Thanks, Amber.

Well I'm glad this week is nearly over. In all I think there were only two easy days when I was satisfied with my meals, the rest of the time it's a constant struggle to keep away from things like bacon, bread, fruit (?), etc. I did indulge last night finally.. :mad: Had one of the savoury snacks from Avidlite. It's still high protein so shouldn't effect ketosis but it's quite salty and spicy. So I'm worried about water retention now and whether it would impact my weigh in tomorrow.. Fingers crossed.

It's so cold outside and my hands and feet are frozen all the time. We were out for the day yesterday and even gloves didn't help. Bring on the spring pretty please! :cool:

The results are in...... and my week 3 loss is 4lbs! That's a total of 20lbs in three weeks.

:woohoo:

Also well on track with my mini challenge. Only 12lbs left to lose in the next 7 weeks, yay!

Well this week is dragging already.. was quite busy today and starving! No time to cook proper dinner so kids had tuna jacket potatoes.. yummmm..

Had to stick half a big cucumber in my mouth to stop from finishing their leftovers! (well I chewed the cucumber of course to avoid choking...:rolleyes:) Dont' remember how many calories cucumbers are but hopefully I was within my 50cal a day salad?

Still a few hours left today and I am not hungry but would really love to munch on something forbidden. Thought it shouldn't be that difficult once you are past the first couple of weeks so maybe I'm just approaching the TOTM.

Haven't done much exercising recently as too tired in the evenings and too busy daytime. But we were out all day Saturday so a fare bit of walking and took kids swimming on Sunday. Not a great exercise but I managed to fit in a few lengths.

Thinking I might attempt a nursery run on a bike next week. That would be a 1.5hr roundtrip as opposed to 25min in the car so need to find an extra hour. Well if it doesn't rain (or snow) than I should really do it - unless I can't find the extra hour... ;)

you are doing so well, I hope my hubby takes me away when I reach my goal;)

Hi Slimmingagain

Keep up good work :)) My hands and feet are always freezing too... lol its horrible hehehehe . Well done on WI3 and looking forward to hearing how you do on WI 4.

Amber

Thanks, skinny jeans. :D He's not really taking me but rather we are taking kids... so not that special but still really looking forward to it!

Hi, Amber!
Well I can admit to wearing gloves inside and a couple of fleeces with a blanket over me..:eek: Maybe I'll melt away after all.. could be the new way to lose weight. :D
Will keep on eye on your Sat WI. :fingerscrossed:

TODAY:
.. is a good day. Had my tennis class and felt really energetic like I could go on forever.

Then someone finally commented on the fact that I lost "loads of" weight yay! Up until now not a single person said a thing which is strange as 20lbs is substantial. The only way I can explain it is that at my height it's probably not very noticable. Plus of course with all the coats, jumpers, etc it'll take ages to dig me (mini me) out. Bring on the summer!

Busy afternoon trying to catch up with the work missed due to tennis as is my usual thursday routine so no time to think about food. And now that kids are in bed I'm too tired tbh to crave anything. Will have the bar later - crunchy peanut today me thinks...

Hey Slimmingagain

Woo hoo - well done on the compliment :) You deserve it with such a big loss over 3 weeks.!!

Amber

Hey Amber,
Thank you thank you and well done on yours too! How did the WI go?

oops I had a slip yesterday..

First of all two things happened. I checked for ketosis in the morning and the results went beige! :( Have no idea why as I stuck to this diet to the point..:confused: So I checked twice more throughout the day and still beige with maybe just a hint of pink unless I was imagining it.

Felt really bad about it the way I always feel when I don't understand WHY?

Also I weigh myself everyday (yeah I know it's not recommended but I do better when I do and have been doing this most of my life so a tough habit to break). So this week by Sat morning I lost 1.5lbs. That was another discouraging moment of the day.

I'm also 3-4 days away from TOTM and usually is when I am really hungry non stop. It has been difficult to live through the hunger pains last few days so last night.... I decided to raid my avidlite box!

Here is the list of what I had - all is high protein low carb avidlite snacks purchased especially for moments like this one:

(very embarrassed by the way but should really share this to get it out of the system and move on)
1. soy snack
2. soy nuts
3. pork crunches
4. hot chocolate
5. wafers

all of this on top of my 4 meals....:eek:

Must admit it felt really good. Partly because this wasn't a spur of the moment, I was thinking about it all day and sometime pm took an executive decision to endulge if I'm not satisfied with the dinner again. And even this morning (+1lb) it felt good because it didn't feel like I was starving again. Back on the wagon today, feeling much better and satisfied with the meals.

Still a slip though.. Dreading the WI tomorrow! :cry:

Hi Slimmingagain

Dont worry about the executive decision, i think at present im doing that on weekends ( which you know off) but i do it right after weigh in so it gives me a week to make up for it :)) But dont feel bad about it, you get back on the wagon and keep going.
Fingers crossed about weigh in im sure you will be grand
I did better than expected, ive put it in my diary, but im still suspicious about it laughing...

Amber

Hey Amber,

4lbs that's fantastic! you should be really proud. So I take you were good Friday night?

Thanks for the kind words, I know it wasn't the best day for me but at least it still feels like I'm in control. :cool:

Take care,
Kat

Week 4 Results

After Saturday I didn't expect much from the WI and it wasn't much -2lbs. Still a loss I suppose...

Really need to see better result this week to keep going. I will cut out all nuts and salad for a few days to see whether it helps. Yes and no more endulging.. :D

-2lbs!!! Wooot woo, thats a good loss well done, you may have wanted more but its 2lbs!!! Imagine that in sugar :))

Yes i was good Friday at the concert as i knew i had WI the next morning :)) thankfully i can go out and not drink, i like being able to drive and most say im crazy enough anyhow without alcohol.... laughing.. The hubby was dragged along with a few of our friends ( 7 of us in total) so i had to semi behave non food wise too .. laughing...

Amber

-2lbs!!! Wooot woo, thats a good loss well done, you may have wanted more but its 2lbs!!! Imagine that in sugar :))

Yes i was good Friday at the concert as i knew i had WI the next morning :)) thankfully i can go out and not drink, i like being able to drive and most say im crazy enough anyhow without alcohol.... laughing.. The hubby was dragged along with a few of our friends ( 7 of us in total) so i had to semi behave non food wise too .. laughing...

Amber

Yeah I know I should feel better about it but it sort of feels like too much work for not much gain (or loss in our context..). Considering that I lost 1.5 of them on the last day of the week :confused: - could have ended up with a half a pounder loss only...

So what do you get up to when hubby isn't around, ah? :hmm:naughtee-naughtee..... :D
It's great though that you can go out and enjoy yourself without the booze or food. I am planning to go see Avatar with a friend either this or next week and must admit not sure how to survive without the usual nachos+popcorn fix... almost feels like not worth going IYKWIM!

I'm back in ketosis today! :stickdance:Still don't know what kicked me out between Wed 3rd and Sat 6th. Two things come to mind as possibilities:

1. Chewing gum - I now stick to mint ones with no citric acid only twice a day (as advised by Kee) but I might have had 1 or 2 fruity ones.
2. Sat morning couple of hours before the "negative" test I had a sip of hubbies tea by mistake and he takes loads of sugar. But surely just a sip wouldn't have had such an impact??

So go figure... back now and feeling great. I can feel the fat burning! :D I got a feeling.. (love that song) that this week's gonna be a good week..

So what do you get up to when hubby isn't around, ah? :hmm:naughtee-naughtee..... :D
It's great though that you can go out and enjoy yourself without the booze or food. I am planning to go see Avatar with a friend either this or next week and must admit not sure how to survive without the usual nachos+popcorn fix... almost feels like not worth going IYKWIM!

Hes always around...laughing... but i have a girly weekend away start of April.. so ill tell you then! ;) wink wink But alas my mum is going to be there, my halo will stay in place im sure.. laughing... Just kididng...

With regards cinema... oh me two i always go to eddie rockets or as i say it empty pockets to get super chicken nachos and i love popcorn in the cinema lol... i dont think im THAT good at resisting, im just limiting my cinema visits this time ... but might see Avitar myself this weekend, will see.... i dont really WANT to see it, but i also dont want to not watch it 3D while still in the cinemas and miss what is the biggest selling movie of all time...

Amber

I'm back in ketosis today! :stickdance:Still don't know what kicked me out between Wed 3rd and Sat 6th. Two things come to mind as possibilities:

1. Chewing gum - I now stick to mint ones with no citric acid only twice a day (as advised by Kee) but I might have had 1 or 2 fruity ones.
2. Sat morning couple of hours before the "negative" test I had a sip of hubbies tea by mistake and he takes loads of sugar. But surely just a sip wouldn't have had such an impact??

So go figure... back now and feeling great. I can feel the fat burning! :D I got a feeling.. (love that song) that this week's gonna be a good week..

Woo hoo... the ketosis is with you! (Star wars impression.. or wait..lol am i miss quoting, i dunno lol)

Well done :) You seem so positive , good job...

Also now i cant get that song out of my head.... good song and so apt! :)

Amber

... i dont really WANT to see it, but i also dont want to not watch it 3D while still in the cinemas and miss what is the biggest selling movie of all time...

Ditto on Avatar. Not really my kind of movie but definitely worth seeing if only for general knowledge!

Also now i cant get that song out of my head.... good song and so apt! :)

hehehe.. It's my ringtone - how sad!!? - I don't really like the lyrics in the rest of it (or lack of) but this line is so catchy.. Makes me smile every time the phone rings. :D

Nice ringtone :) Youve so creativie :) Ive the normal boring one .. lol.. darnit must change

Amber

Back