Kat's TS Journey

Kat i wouldnt worry about it even if you loss 1lb its still a lose and you can look forward to a bigger lose next wk and what with 9.5lbs off in your 1st wk you are sure to hit the 1stone lose in 1 month so that is fantastic keep up the good work girl :)

Day 14

Woo Hoo, a whole 2 weeks of 100%. Feeling much much better today. Maybe it's knowing I don't have to have anymore soup lol. (last time I moan about them, promise.) Had a bit of a mental day today at work and am waiting to hear how my mum is as she's having surgery. Only managed 2ltrs of water at work so was a bit headachy, on track to get to 4ltrs by the end of tonight. Didn't sleep well, not diet related, so chilling out tonight.

Loving my new Smootie 2 Go Blender, makes crushing ice and making shakes super quick. Highly recommend it.

Looking forward to WI first thing tomorrow. Obviously results will be up here as soon as I step off the scales

Summary
Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - chocolate
Dinner - Ultraslim bar
Coke Zero - one can
Water - Will be 4ltrs

Well done for getting this far and you had an amazing first week loss :) x

I weigh in around 6:45 on a Thursday morning. Looks odd that I've not weighed on day 14 I know but it is kinda logical as if I shift to evenings I'd now be heavier as I weighed first thing on the day I started. Plus, I find it more convenient than making sure I'm always home at a certain time one evening.
I weighed at that time on day 1 so I have still done 14 full days.

Good morning, drum roll please.............I lost 4.3lbs!
So chuffed. That puts me in the 14s by the skin of my teeth (0.2lb infact) and virtually a whole stone gone in just 2 weeks. Yay. Totm due this weekend too so chuffed to bits as i'm always heavier just before that. Think its time to be building in a bit more exercise too, walking up to the hospital will do that for me tonight as it's on a rather steep hill. Happy happy happy

Thanks Steve. Had time to look on forum properly again last night rather than just my subscribed threads. You diary is fab. Is it this Monday your hitting the gym again now? If you carry on the way you are i'm sure you'll be grand. -x-

Hi Kat yeah i was going to start the gym yesterday but i still dont quite feel 100% so im going to be sensible and start back on monday my weigh day so i will post my new weigh loss for wk 2 and fill you in on how the gym went so cross fingers :)

That's me done on day 15. About to climb into bed with a hot water bottle and hopefully herbal good nights sleep. Can't beleive how much better I've felt the last couple of days. I think week 2 was harder than week one as the.novelty started to wear off. Also looking forward to every pack gas helped, although I had my last one just now as been a chaotic day.

In the moment when I've really been craving food I've started jotting down ny motivators and things i'm looking forward too at target. I'll get my thoughts so far up here when I have more time.

Summary
Breakfast - banana
Lunch - ultraslim bar
Dinner - chocolate (hot)
Coke zero - 1 can
Water - 4ltrs

Well, todays been interesting. Been having a fat day, even though I'm near as damnit a stone later than 2 weeks ago. Totm due soon so maybe i'm a little bloated? Aren't our minds strange.
Not a lot else to report today. Only just remembered to have my hot chocolate, thats deffo a good sign. did my first ketostix test in a while, it was really dark, even after 4ltrs water so think I'm quite deep into Ketosis.
Getting inked tomorrow, usually i'm a great sitter with a high pain threshold but bit worried about how i'll be on this. Also going to drinks/bbq in the evening. Think i'll have a bar about 6pm and then drink coke zero while i'm there.

Summary
Breakfast - banana
Lunch - Exante bar
Dinner - hot chocolate.
Coke Zero - 2 cans
Water - 4ltr

Made it through yesterday but didn't update as was out till 1am now wide awake on 3 hours sleep. Will update properly after dozing until (hopefully) a reasonable time for a Sunday.

Back in the land of the living now. Yesterday was a fab day, personally and diet wise. Ended up getting the back of both thighs tattooed, my new one on my left and the right one touched up so a little saw today. Think it hurt a bit more than usual but was still fine. Bbq went well too, resisted alcohol and didn't eat, just said i'm on a diet and they accepted it. Didn't want to eat a bar and start a barage of questions so I had all my packs by half four. Lack of eating really didn't bother me, I was worried I'd be a drawling mess but Ketosis and the desire to lose weight won out.
Breakfast - Strawberry
Lunch - Tesco bar
Dinner - "frappucino Exante"
Water - 3.5ltrs
Coke Zero - small bottle at tattooist and lost count at bbq, prob just over a ltr as was there a while.

Here's to day 18, making it a bar free day today for a change. -x-

Last edited:
Bar free day?... Who said that lol. I suddenly realised at 2:30 that I had to be out the door in 10mins and it would be my last chance to grab anything before 6.

Not a lot to report today, I have consumed more water than I have in a long time and i'm sure I can see a slight change in my tummy. Wishing I'd taken my measurements!

As promised before, here is ny list of motivators/what i'm looking forward too;
Regaining control of my life instead of feeling like a slave too food.
Healthwise, improving my Asthma, becoming fitter and hopefully increasing my life expectancy
Greatly boost my confidence, improving my self esteem and becoming more positive. Not feeling like the fat one in the group of friends. Not being the one my family make jokes about hiding the biscuits from. Being able to wear nice clothes without having to hide my arms and tum, finding shopping easier and maybe even owning something from TopShop. Also, maybe meeting a nice fella once I've got my confidence issues sorted. There is someone I like at the mo but the thought of anyone seeing me naked terrifies me at the moment (tmi?!) Also, it's saving me money, I must have spent £50 a week on food, just for me - that's CRAZY!

Summary
"frappucino", Tesco bar, banana, 1 can coke zero and 5ltrs water.

Not coping today. Have been craving food like mad, day dreaming of Morrisons cheese layered salads and dinners out, nights with friends and generally rejoining the rest of humanity.

I'm seriously wondering if I'm going to last 70 days, I'm not even half way in. I'm toying with the idea of a weekend off or ending earlier. I don't really want to come off Exante until I've lost another 28lbs, that means another 7weeks even if I manage 4lb per week. Maybe a weekend off 28 days in could work for me. ARGH!!!!

Kat, you're doing brilliantly. You've been nothing but a tower of strength, and this diet is a tough, solitary slog. Plus you haven't had it easy, what with your vet dramas. I don't blame you at all for wanting a day off, but if I were you I'd wait until you're calmer, then sit down with a paper and pen, and draw up a list of

- pros and cons about taking a day off
- why you're doing this diet in the first place.

And then I think you'll have your own answer. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have the support of the forum :) Things I've found helpful are:

- going out rather than hiding away (not that I'm saying you're hiding away) - not letting food determine my social life. For instance, later this week I'm going to a caff to "watch my friend eat lunch" while I have a delicious black coffee.
- Having my packs in a different order
- Discovering a new type of drink (white tea, green tea, etc.)
- Making a big list of the lovely food I'm going to eat (in moderation) when I come off the plan.

It really helps me feel less deprived. I'm having the food - I'm just having it in a bit!

Also, I don't know if this helps, but I was bummed out about not doing any exercise on the plan (I thought you couldn't) but spurred on by all YOUR activity I have returned to the gym, and am walking everywhere, and it helps me feel great :)

Last edited:
Back