Kat's TS Journey

Hi Kat glad all is going well.I started TS 5days ago and its been ok so far.I did exante before for a couple of wks and it was great it wa just to test the water really to see if i could cope with a vlcd and thats what made me decide to take the plunge and dedicate the next 13wks to TS so hope i have a good weight loss in that time.Like you when i first did Exante a couple of months back i did it purely to test the water as i say but also to try all the different products and it led me to one conclusion that i would only be ordering the shake bumper pack each time as after a wk i was sick of the soups that actually made me want to be sick by the end of the first wk and i could not even bare the smell of them despite whst i did to try and make them more appealing.But now i have started TS properly im glad i made the desion to test the water as i know i like the shakes.With all my shakes i add ice to make them nice and thick and add a liuttle more more which is ice cold from the fridge this also helps not only to make a bigger shake but also because it is thicker takes longer to drink.I also add coffee to the vanilla each time i make it as it makes it taste really nice, and with regards to the choc i swap between having it cold and hot it all depends if i need a pick me up at the end of the day.Well so far so good for me so just hope i feel the same next week.I will be keeping track of your progress and supporting you all the way as i have had a very simiar experience to you with regards to personal life, and i hope you will help support me as at the end of the day we are all here for the same thing.:)

Kat!!! Your poor rat! Are you okay? So sorry to hear that. Hope you're doing okay and managing to relax.

Re exercise, I go to the gym 4 times a week but since I started TS even a small workout took it out of me later in the day. So have knocked it on the head for now, will start building cardio and strength back in from next week.

Also been experimenting with Slim & Save bars because Exante bars don't agree with me! S&S ones are, it turns out, delicious (there's one that's like a Bounty!), so I might do the odd S&S day at weekends (S&S is a 4-pack-a-day plan) for variety.

I wish I could stop waking up at 6am though... X

Thanks SD. Well done on making it to day 5! I know I'm the long run it will be worth it, even forcing down the soups. Next time i'm going to do a make ur own bumper pack, slightly more expensive but still cheaper than a months food shopping and I know i'll like it.
Already onto the ice thing, I call the iced vanilla with coffee a Frappucino Exante style as I can almost mid myself I'm in Starbucks.
Good luck on your journey!

Managed to sleep 9:30 - 7 Calorina. Feel much better today Nibbles was the rat in my profile pic on my mobile posts if you can make it out. Still gutted, sure it will hit me at cleaning out/play time later when she's not pestering me for cuddles. Got 3 more 2+ girls who all have lumps then 2 1 year olds and and 2 6 months old, so will probably go through it 3 more times before Xmas. Thats 5 in two months I've lost, but they all were over two years old or had complications from lumpectomies. Love my ratties to death (bad choice of words maybe) but it's been heart breaking recently.
My task for the day was to see my tattooist about next Saturday, which involves walking into town (10 min walk) then its rats/tidying. Don't think they're in the studio today so will Facebook them instead. Not going walking this weekend or even touching the Wii.
I think you said in one of your posts that you need to treat yourself as if you have a cold, and that's what I shall do.

Was naughty and weighed this morning. Lost 2.5 since Thursday morning! If I could do another 2 by WI that will be a whole stone in a fornight, worth feeling a but crap for!!

Thanks for all your support. Will report on how today pans out later. -x-

Oh Kat dnt starbucks is my favourite place and still have a £20 gift card 2 spend in there lol but i will be good and hold out until i reach my target weight and treat myself and a few m8z :) but you are defo right it is Frappucino Exante lol and at least you feel like it is a starbucks treat

Sorry :)

Day 10 is being declared done at 9pm lol, may as well be midnight for how I feel.

Took it easy, just housework. Popped into town briefly as needed a few bits but was only out the flat for about 45mins. My blender broke today, 6 days after purchase. Returning it tomorrow as not fit for purpose, looks like the ice was too much for it. Overall a good day though, forgot breakfast until 11!

I'm selling most of my soups on ebay, keeping a couple to force down if I'm bored of shakes. Getting some Tesco Ultraslim bars tomorrow which will make a nice change. They have extra carbs though so hoping they won't knock me out of Ketosis. Infact hoping I get them as Mum went to Tesco and although I gave her very specific instructions I wouldn't be shocked if they're were slimfast or something. Bit apprehensive about going over to see her actually. Normally her place is full of yummy things and it's kind of expected i stuff my face. Fingers crossed my will remains.

Summary
Breakfast - Frappucino
Lunch - Lumpy choc shake lol
Dinner - Orange bar
Coke Zero - 1 can
Water - 4ltr

Last edited:
Hi Kat just a bit of advice be careful how many of the bars you eat as it can slow down the weight process eating them each day, you are better off looking at them as a treat like for a fri,sat or sun night with a can of coke zero, that way you have something to look forward to as well.What have you decided to do with regards to the AAMW are you doing this every 4,8 or 12th wk ? I think i am going to do 8wks then do a AAMW but i will see how i feel by wk 4 lol.:)

Hmmm, I did lots of research before I started and nothing suggested that they impact overall loss? As long as it's still 600kcal a day I don't see how it can.

As far as AAMW goes i'm not sure. I've set a 10week @ 100% challenge for myself (got a little chart on the fridge and everything lol). To me 100% is TS without AAMW but if my body needs it, for example if my losses slow drastically after a few weeks, i'll consider it. I must admit I am concerned about finding it harder after adding a meal and that's why, as long as i'm feeling ok I'd rather just keep my head down and plough on.

Just a quickie, found on the Exante shop the "Build Your Own Bumber Pack" doesn't restrict you to just 84 items. On payday (also 28 days after last bumper pack) I'll have 40 days left and I get all the stuff I like for £185 + postage. Not the cheapest option but still less that a month and 10 days food shopping and a lot less hassle than buying a Shakes and Bars bumper pack(s) and then having to sell the purple ones on eBay. Quite chuffed with that, had been a little worried.

Sounds like a good idea Kat and think i will do the same as if i dnt hear my body crying out for food it obviously does not need it but if my weight losses start to slow or sts i will have to have a aamw i think but lets just see how it goes :)

Sooo day 11.

Good bits:
Went to see my mun who was cooking a huge batch of jacket spuds for her church's harvest lunch. It smelt lush but I wasn't tempted. Also, when mum first saw me she was shocked, asking if I was sure I'd only lost 9.5lbs. Apparently I look healthy and not bloated now. Yay!
Exchanged my hand blender and ordered a smoothie maker that specifies ice crushing so no more lumpy shakes again.

Bad bits:
Had a Tesco bar and, according to my Ketostix it knocked me out of Ketosis, still feel ok though.
Tried veg soup again, it made me gag almost instantly, I managed about 3/4s though. I know that's not good but I'm guessing I wasn't getting anywhere near my RDAs before so thought once would be ok. I've counted all my packs and I just need 7 soups to make my packs last until next delivery. Going to go crazy and have 3 soups tomorrow just going to chug them down straight from blender cup. Luckily I don't have to use my last veg and the others haven't had quote that effect on me. Expect tomorrow's updates to be slightly downbeat. Will try and get them all done by the end of the week so I can relax.

Feeling wiped out again so another early night for me.

Summary:
Breakfast - Frappucino Exante
Lunch - Ultraslim choc crunch bar
Dinner - Veg "soup"
Coke Zero - 1 can
Water - 4.5ltrs

Thats exactly how the soups made me feel thats why i sold mine on lol i dnt know what it is about them but the 1st wk on them seemed ok but you get to the second wk and the smell and taste makes you gag, thats why this time round i stuck to ordering shakes.:)

Tommy soup for breakfast, not my best idea but at least it's one used up.....1 down 6 to go.

Day 12

I made it through Soup Day!! It was awful lol. Just 4 more packs to get through. I'm really craving sweet things now, don't want anymore Coke Zero though. New blender arrived today, dying to try it so might have two soups and an iced banana shake tomorrow.

Feeling wiped out again, refusing to go to bed until 9 despite nodding off in front of Eastenders. Need to get into a proper sleep pattern. Fed up of feeling knackered and then getting up pre 6am. It was 3:40 this morning. Going out tomorrow night and then i'll be up Wednesday until 11 because Shameless is back in channel 4, hoping that will help reswt my body clock.

Thanks again for all the comments and support, sometimes feel a bit mental ranting on here but it does really help keep me ontrack.

Summary
Breakfast - tomato soup
Lunch - Thai
Dinner - mushroom
Coke Zero - 2 cans
Water - 5.5ltrs

Whee! Just dropping in to say well done Kat - and everyone - on your progress. Fuller reply later in the week (managed to line myself up with a super-busy week). A few ups and downs, in and out of ketosis last couple of days for some reason (Retardex breath freshener? Early Grey tea? No idea - v annoying) but still managed a 3.3lb drop on week 2 weigh-in. That's over half a stone in 2 weeks - not bad when you're only 5' :)

More later in the week. Stay strong everybody!

Great WI Calorina! Hope Ketosis settles down for you.

Day 13 for me! Nearly a whole two weeks.
I made a decision today to put the rest of my soups on ebay and buy the bumper pack a day early, bp amount of weightloss is worth making yourself gag like that for.

So apart from brekkie days been good. Feeling full of beans. Had a bit of a struggle at work when someone pointed out the crispy cakes and millionaire shortbread if I was allowed it, internal response "no, I don't but thanks for pointing it out egit, nice support" external response, "oh, thanks but i'm on a diet" they know what i'm doing and I'm sure they didn't mean finger my head full of yummy things. Went to a pub quiz tonight, that was fun, except our runners up prize was booze ha ha. Did walk the 2.45 miles to get there and drank water so it was very diet friendly. They put lemon in one glass without asking so I made them get me a completely fresh drink, they appeared to think I was barking mad.

Summary
Breakfast - Tomato soup
Lunch - icy banana shake in my fab new "smoothie to go" blender
Dinner - Ultraslim crispy choc bar, nibbled over the course of an hour.
Coke Zero - 1 can
Water - 3.5ltrs + 2 large but not quite pint glasses.

Well done for resisting the cakes kat :) and congrats on getting to day 13 .I am on day 10 2moz and going really well now as i am over that blasted virus/cold and feel full of beans and so energetic so starting back at the gym in the morning so wish me luck and roll on the end of wk 2 :D

Deffo good luck at the gym SD. I envy you, couldn't think about that at the moment.
I'm not sure i'm looking forward to the end if week 2, had a cheekg weigh thus morning and hadn't budge since Sat :( oh well, week 2 is notorious for minimal losses.

Back