Katycakes Won't Give Up...

I'm here hun... just packing off the work (FINALLY). Also a rubbishy day food-wise yesterday, although no choc, and I DID think about it hard at some points. So maybe not as bad as it could have been! Have just posted on my SW diary, and off soon I think to do a quick town dash for more veg & fruit plus stuff for mum who has a cold and is finding it hard to eat.

Check in later. Fear not, I am still here, albeit less than saintly!

xxx

hi Katy, seems like most of us had a wobbly weekend, hey ho its all over for now anyway. Hope you are having a better day today hun!
x

Much better today thanks Lelly. Not sure why, but yesterday was just a very hungry day! Today has been syn free so far, and I am happy and full. Easter is such a choc fest it is always going to be a challenge... but I didn't trip, not so far anyway. I was given chocolate (by mum, who doesn't seem to understand that i can't have it) so it needs to be re-homed fast. Both kids were here, and are noticably less into the choc thing than in years gone by... OH can take it or leave it. So... just me hooked on the stuff. But I am feeling much more detached from it, long may that last.

xxx

HTML:
) kids were here, and are noticably less into the choc thing than in years gone by... OH can take it or leave it. So... just me hooked on the stuff. But I am feeling much more detached from it, long may that last.

xxx
HTML:

This is me too Katy DD still has chocolate left over from Christmas! luckily she's took it back to uni with her at christmas and its still there, same with OH neither would care if they never had chocolate again, me I love the stuff

Hi KatyCakes,

My kids are the same -- I have to toss their Halloween and Christmas candy, just in time for them to collect some Easter Candy. I buy them very little -- but lots of well meaning friends and neighbours give them eggs... and do not eat the stuff. (I will -- that is why it has to go.)

Hope you had a good Easter Katy, good to see you have finished up your work, always feels good when that happens.... I just need to finish my portfolio for my exam by the end of the week and that will be a lot of pressure off.... have a good day xx

You too Greeneyes and good luck with the folder! (You are allowed to spoil yourself a little today, remember!)

xxx

Thanks jess. Another 2lbs this week, I am slightly gobsmacked... it can't carry on this way, can it? I am happy though and glad you are settled too and happy with your plan. We're doing this!

xxx

Hi Katy

Well done on such a great loss! That's brilliant!
I have never been able to fathom SW - so into the future (when the biggest amount of weight has gone and I'm working up the plans) I'll definitely be looking to you for advice.
I've been successful on WW, but I find the pointing so frustrating at times, and I don't think, for me, that is a lifetime way to eat.
I know SW is very healthily focused, and isn't pointing - just syns, which seems 'right' - and this is coming from a now ex ww-er!

Hope you have a lovely day. Sadly here DS is in love with choc just like his mummy. DH though, could really take or leave, he's more a savoury person.

xxx

Thanks Jess!

Alex, so good to see you! It took me ages to get my head around SW - I went off the wagon totally for 4 weeks or so and put on 9lbs after stopping CD, felt so lost, as if nothing could rescue me. Then minis friends hauled me out of the shark-infested waters and I decided to give SW a proper try. I have learned a lot in 2 weeks, and I know I won't go back to CD now... it wasn't helping me at all towards the end, although it's a great plan for many, I know.

I couldn't do WW as I am not great with numbers... all that counting! SW is a bit kinder! Ad you can eat plenty, as long as it's the right stuff. I really didn't think it would work for me... so although it is early days I am over the moon really.

Chocolate - I have a love/hate relationship with the stuff. I love it, it hates me!

xxx

Thanks jess. Another 2lbs this week, I am slightly gobsmacked... it can't carry on this way, can it?
xxx

It seems so!! That's great, well done you. xxx

Seem to be mirroring your progress Bess, 5.5 lbs now, yay!!!

xxx

You're doing brilliantly! I'm going to have to learn about slimming world once I've completed Cd. Don't know much about it but if doesn't involve counting that sounds great to me!

It takes a while to get the hang of Kira but once you do it's easy, and very little counting compared with other diets. Suits me anyway, I am very happy and so relieved to still be losing after the struggles I've had with CD. You are doing brilliantly too!

xxx

hello again KC been lurking alot and keeping up to date with all the goings on on here and what fantastic losses you are having, Im so pleased for you and glad its working for you. Im hoping to do it once I get nearer to healthy weight range.

Im back doing CD for Im hoping the last time (Day 1) been AWOL for the last few months with work and home being majorly cr@p and head all over the place, but am getting there with both so this is another step in the right direction to getting myself sorted once and for all.

hope to be around alot more to celebrate your losses with you
xxx

Hello hunny! So fab to see you back. Identify majorly with the 'crap & had all over place' bit, same here... have struggled lots but finally got head into gear on SW and hoping I can succeed with a food-based plan as the vlcd route was no longer working for me. Whatever plan we follow we are al on the same path and the support from minis is what has kept me going... I am sure it will help you too.

Day one more than halfway through, hope it is going well! Remember once ketosis kicks in it will get easier... but I know you can do it!

Big hugs!

xxx

Hoped rest of weekend goes well Katy. I will look at sw after cd I would like to do something that doesn't involve counting different things the ww pro points system seems even more complicated than the ww points system! For now I will stick with three packs a day which about as far as I can count right now!

You're doing great Kira. I loved that CD took the hassle & planning out of dieting... kind of takes your mind off food totally, if you are properly in ketosis and going well! All the same, SW is better for me now. I bet it'd be a great way to maintain, a framework if you know what I mean... I know what you mean about WW too, I am sure it works but I am so number-blind I'd be hopeless!

xxx

Hey Katy, Fab news on your success with SW hun, glad its going so well for you!
Hope you are having a great weekend!

xx

Back